Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:04:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH Difficulty +11% in less than 24 hours.  (Read 12874 times)
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:08:19 PM

If you are saying that no coin that is being traded now has a chance of going to zero

No, I am not saying that. That would be like saying no coin that is being traded now has a chance to go to moon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:55:52 PM

Nice +15% difficulty gain and -15% price decline.

Those that bought Nvidia 1080Ti must be really feeling it...

Most likely the diff will remain at this rate for the next week while the block times stablize at ~18-19 secs. Usually diff spikes up and then stabilizes for the next week or so looking at

https://etherscan.io/chart/blocktime

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
antantti
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:59:14 PM

Price will take another dip...
iamnewhere

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:11:17 PM

Most likely the diff will remain at this rate for the next week while the block times stablize at ~18-19 secs. Usually diff spikes up and then stabilizes for the next week or so looking at

those who bought AMD will have bigger issue on that, with 1080TI it's just wasting power to mine ETH, there are better coins for NVIDIA cards Wink
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:32:22 PM

those who bought AMD will have bigger issue on that, with 1080TI it's just wasting power to mine ETH, there are better coins for NVIDIA cards Wink

Except most who bought AMD already got ROI. So they probably don't care about the declining DAG speeds.  While the ones who bought the 1080Ti at $800 USD will start crying when that GPU is only pulling in $1/day. 800 day ROI.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
antantti
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:34:52 PM

1080ti will do fine. When bought at $500.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 10:35:17 PM

Except most who bought AMD already got ROI. So they probably don't care about the declining DAG speeds.  While the ones who bought the 1080Ti at $800 USD will start crying when that GPU is only pulling in $1/day. 800 day ROI.

i bought several 1080ti's in the last 30 days, and i assure you i will be ROI also before they bring in 1$ a day haha
im like 30%+ already! course i have had to work a bit more to find the coins tht make the good bucks, but ROI is easy on ti as they have so much hashpower you have alot of options

You could buy Ti in next 30 days and STILL ROI before Volta easy imo

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:35:32 PM

Were 1080ti ever even $500? Locally my prices are around $800+. You sure you are not confused with GTX 1080 ?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
antantti
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:58:25 PM

Were 1080ti ever even $500? Locally my prices are around $800+. You sure you are not confused with GTX 1080 ?

No they were not.

But I am waiting. I can wait.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:02:34 PM

i bought several 1080ti's in the last 30 days, and i assure you i will be ROI also before they bring in 1$ a day haha
im like 30%+ already! course i have had to work a bit more to find the coins tht make the good bucks, but ROI is easy on ti as they have so much hashpower you have alot of options

You sure about that?

They made like $10/day last month and now its like $3/day. I don't see how a $800 USD can ever ROI. Maybe if you count the resell value at the end of the year.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dandreark1

Activity: 145

out here

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:34:20 PM

I agree, I've been buying ti's consistently for a while and pointed/managed the right way.. not concerned IMHO.
However if you're buying ti's to mine solely ETH at this point, yes obviously -you're shooting your self in the foot and I'd imagine most of us know that.
Still multiple strategies out there that earn..
iamnewhere

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:09:37 AM

even  with the 1070 i still mine currently for ~ $ 5/day/card - the cards will be payed off soon and then i still have plenty of currencies to mine on profit Wink
the 1080ti has roughly the same mining power per $ investment costs like 1070.

Ziscadas

Activity: 452

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:23:10 AM

even  with the 1070 i still mine currently for ~ $ 5/day/card - the cards will be payed off soon and then i still have plenty of currencies to mine on profit Wink

I think you are overestimating the 1070 revenue. It is more like $2-3 per day.
iamnewhere

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:54:26 AM

i think you mine the wrong coins Smiley
it just went down a bit since yesterday as BTC went down now but i expect that to go back latest beginning of august and till then i keep the BTC
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:25:13 AM

it just went down a bit since yesterday as BTC went down now but i expect that to go back latest beginning of august and till then i keep the BTC
No, he didnt mine the wrong coin since we do have the same profits on daily basis which means the current payout for entire days would be on those range. It would really go even lower considering that the price of Bitcoin is slowly decreasing the same time on ETH too which means we can see the difference and this is the part of the risk when we do mining. Difficulties would really rise up just as expected but 25% jump up is really too big for me.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Nadicona

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:27:25 AM

No, he didnt mine the wrong coin since we do have the same profits on daily basis which means the current payout for entire days would be on those range. It would really go even lower considering that the price of Bitcoin is slowly decreasing the same time on ETH too which means we can see the difference and this is the part of the risk when we do mining. Difficulties would really rise up just as expected but 25% jump up is really too big for me.

If the ETH price does not rise like in the past, I think it is still possible to mine profitably with certain cards for most people.

MBW_2

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:08:38 AM

it is a great vga card. I have tested one and it is running very well. 31 Mhs and a good cooling.
antantti
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:15:35 AM

it is a great vga card. I have tested one and it is running very well. 31 Mhs and a good cooling.

Great it is, hands down the best there is.

It has one problem though, mining performance. 31MH is so 2015, price tag is 2017.
iamnewhere

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:00:31 PM

It has 720 Sol/s too, what is the AMD performance on that? Smiley
Nadicona

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:15:32 PM

It has 720 Sol/s too, what is the AMD performance on that? Smiley

For the AMD nano cards, the speed is just about 500H/s and use more energy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: