Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:27:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Nicehash Website - Yay or Nay?  (Read 1660 times)
Eyedol-X (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:11:46 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 02:11:05 PM by Eyedol-X

I just refreshed my page this morning to check stats and noticed Nicehash updated their site with a new UI.

Upon refreshing the site, I literally said "Wow, this sucks"

The new site shows significantly less information, it almost appears to be by design -- it makes it much more difficult to determine what coin is paying what at a time.

It looks like they completely eliminated the grid chart found on the old Nicehash Mining hompage.

Fonts are too big...

The list goes on for me.

Anyone else seen this yet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
saul.goodman

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:33:46 AM

Yes, looks and feel like a big fail.

The best:
My unpaid balance drops from 0.02 to 0.006 than over 0.003 to zero...
No payouts shown and nothing in my wallet?? 

WTF??
mikbal

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:38:08 AM

Yes, looks and feel like a big fail.

The best:
My unpaid balance drops from 0.02 to 0.006 than over 0.003 to zero...
No payouts shown and nothing in my wallet?? 

WTF??

Same here. I was due 0.1 btc payment 3 hours ago. Now there is no mention of it.
I recommend pulling out fast, until they fix their shit.
Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:32:05 AM

I think they changed the payout schedule again because I got an unanticipated payout from them this morning.

My guess is they have raised the payout requirements again but not yet said anything.

Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:53:45 AM

I like the new page.

Looks nice  Cheesy
Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:16:56 PM

I like the new page.

Looks nice  Cheesy

To me a pretty mining status page is secondary to the information I get from it.

In the old site I could easily see a snapshot on 1 page in 1920x1080 that showed me everything I wanted to know. Now I have to scroll back and forth on the page to see status, graphs, payouts.

The main page no longer shows the payout %'s

sundownz

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 01:26:44 PM

My biggest / only complaint is that I cannot display all miners on one screen anymore. I have 24 workers & scrolling to "next" is annoying. Otherwise I have no issue with the new layout.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:28:54 PM

Yes this new version is very bad.

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:03:32 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 03:25:19 PM by Eyedol-X

Thank you for opening a dedicated thread about it.  Smiley
Some would think this is a marketing stunt to grab some attention for the new website.

But while I am here, I kindly invite everyone to experience our awesomeness at https://new.nicehash.com

Cheers,
Jox

Well the objective of this thread is to get a discussion going because without discussion, how else can you "improve" the new "improved" website?

Hopefully the feedback from this thread goes somewhere but as of right now, it's my opinion that the new UI is nice to look at but the sites functionality is a step backwards.
Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:08:41 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 03:25:38 PM by Eyedol-X

My biggest / only complaint is that I cannot display all miners on one screen anymore. I have 24 workers & scrolling to "next" is annoying. Otherwise I have no issue with the new layout.

This is probably one of my biggest as well.

I could care less what the screen looks like if I can see everything I want to on "1 page"
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:19:46 PM

Well the objective of this thread is to get a discussion going because without discussion, how else can you "improve" the new "improved" website?

Hopefully the feedback from this thread goes somewhere but as of right now, it's my opinion that the new UI is nice to look at but the sites functionality is a step backwards.

Thank you for it, but you have started a thread with a subject line "Wow, the new Nicehash website sucks". How does this contribute to the discussion?

So you miss a functionality or two? Great!
Got some great or innovative ideas on improvements? Good!

We are all ears. And your fellow miners will be thankful to you, too.

But shaming like that is not a way to go.

We're all human, aren't we?

I think change is good and sometimes it needs to happen for a better tomorrow
With that I think the pie chart would be nice to have again
Having the ability to save a withdrew btc address would be nice
Also it wouldn't let me withdrew yesterday morning haven't tried since then
Kept giving me an error

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:24:11 PM

Thank you for it, but you have started a thread with a subject line "Wow, the new Nicehash website sucks". How does this contribute to the discussion?

I realized this same thing after I made my last post that the subject of the thread was not one that invited dialogue, it's for this reason I revised it. It appears your last post was made prior the revision.

But, IMO, in it's current form it does "suck" -- However I know that saying something "sucks" doesn't give you feedback you can use and work with it, hence the revision of thread subject.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:40:50 PM

I have a simple suggestion, as I also dislike the new website.

Roll it back to the old one as a "failed experiment".

The new one seems to have spent too much time on being "pretty" but not enough time on "functional and informative".

I concede in advance that your site is going to have to be more complicated due to the multi-algorythm factor, but you might want to look carefully at ethermine.org as an example of a better way to display the information.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:52:24 PM

The new one seems to have spent too much time on being "pretty" but not enough time on "functional and informative".

I concede in advance that your site is going to have to be more complicated due to the multi-algorythm factor, but you might want to look carefully at ethermine.org as an example of a better way to display the information.

I definitely agree here.
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1109

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:11:08 PM

I really like the new design, and now it shows other currencies besides USD +1.

For me, it is more clear and functional, but that is just my personal opinion here.
Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:19:37 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 05:47:58 PM by Eyedol-X

I was silly enough to think you guys were serious and that you will pull some concrete feedback as an experts in the field of UX design and functionality.
Now I see you just like being funny.

But the way this thread started, what could I expect, really? Smiley My bad.

Take care guys and see you on other threads!

LoL, now this seriously comes across as you're not hearing what you want to hear so "bye".

Sometimes feedback isn't as polished as we want it to be and just because of that doesn't mean it's invalid or unwarranted.

My OP and thread subject could have been better but I wrote it based upon my initial reaction instead of thinking how to deliver the same information in a "more polished" manner.

Just because of this, it doesn't mean that my opinion and others are invalid.

If you think myself and others who have expressed criticism of the new UI are not being serious and you cannot put together some concrete feedback from collective opinions, you're the one that's not being a serious "expert" in the field of UX design and functionality.

Don't let the door hit ya...
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:21:21 PM

I was silly enough to think you guys were serious and that you will pull some concrete feedback as an experts in the field of UX design and functionality.
Now I see you just like being funny.

You need to lose the attitude.

I gave you serious feedback, and you chose to be rude and insulting and accuse me of "being funny".

Why no, I am not an "expert on UX design" - whatever that is supposed to mean - and the WAY you posted that was a deliberate slap in the face to EVERYONE GIVING YOU FEEDBACK.
 What I am is someone that has used a ton of websites over the decades the Internet has existed, and has a strong preference on support-type sites LIKE YOUR SITE IS SUPPOSED TO BE for "functional" over "pretty" and "fancy".

Your ATTITUDE has me about to the point of pulling all of my remaining miners out of Nicehash and never bothering to look at OR POSITIVELY TALK about your site ever again.

If you are not willing to listen when folks tell you WHY they dislike your new site design, and you insist on being rude and insulting when you BLOW OFF that feedback, then you don't DESERVE to have us using your site and feeding you fees to do so.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:51:20 PM

I think change is good and sometimes it needs to happen for a better tomorrow
With that I think the pie chart would be nice to have again
Having the ability to save a withdrew btc address would be nice
Also it wouldn't let me withdrew yesterday morning haven't tried since then
Kept giving me an error

I like the idea of saving the address! It will come handy for sure.
I'll just put it on the TO-DO.

Did you maybe try to withdraw the whole amount?

I agree here, this is a good callout, the save BTC address history, would be nice if you want to monitor payouts to multiple addresses -- something I haven't even thought of since I monitor miners for someone else and just keep a different tab open. If there was like a dropdown box to show address history for miners (I assume saved in a cookie)I'm sure this would probably cut down on hits to the site as well if I could just switch back and forth as desired.

Another good callout here is the missing pie chart -- that was a feature I liked as well and am now missing it now that it's gone.
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:01:20 PM

Any expectation of civil discussion is just a fantasy considering recent political events.
It is unfortunate that joxnicehash doesn't realize he is representing an organisation and
not his personal hurt feelings. A refresher course in customer relations might be in order.

Unnanounced changes that are mostly cosmetic are bound to get a negative response.
All that new eye candy distracts from any functional improvements.

I don't like the new layout. The data is too spread out making the page look sparse. A lot
more info could have been included on a single page.

I still mourn the loss of auto update.

@joxnicehash: Please respond to my question in the nicehash pool thread instead of sulking
because users don't like the new layout.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
Billz007

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:05:02 PM

Honestly I liked the old layout a little bit better, but I can deal with the new layout. 

When they took auto-refresh away, that was a big disappointment.  Could they please please bring auto-refresh back?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: