Bitcoin Forum
August 01, 2024, 11:16:42 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool vs Cloud Mining  (Read 2028 times)
Exaco (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:30:58 AM

Hey guys, what's the difference between Pool and Cloud mining ? I hear many ppl saying like "Cloud mining is not worth it" etc, but they still are using pools which is exactly the same as cloud ( many people mines together and shares based on their performance ).
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 5061

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 11:38:13 AM

Hey guys, what's the difference between Pool and Cloud mining ? I hear many ppl saying like "Cloud mining is not worth it" etc, but they still are using pools which is exactly the same as cloud ( many people mines together and shares based on their performance ).

There's a huge difference between the two:
- pool mining => lots of seperate individuals who try to solve blocks together using their own hardware. Low-diff shares are used to measure how much work each individual performed. This statistic is used to divide the block reward when the pool solves a block
- cloud mining => you pay a (usually anonymous) organisation a ton of BTC, in return they promise to use ASIC's they own for mining BTC, and promise to give you part of the mining income they receive when running their own miners...

Mining on a legit pool is a smart thing to do, unless you have thousands and thousands of latest gen ASIC's... Cloud mining is usually not worth it (in my opinion), and since cloud mining requires you to pay for hashrate in advance, at least 99% of the cloud mining companies are actually non-mining ponzi's. Even legit cloud mining companies give you 100% of the risks for a small percentage of the profits...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
In the silence

Activity: 1295
Merit: 294

''Vincit qui se vincit''

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:06:51 PM

-  mining pool is the pooling of resources by miners, who share their processing power over a network, to split the reward equally, according to the amount of work they contributed to solving a block.

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining_pool

- Cloud Mining is the process of bitcoin mining utilizing a remote datacenter with shared processing power. This type of mining allows users to mine bitcoins or alternative cryptocurrencies without having to manage their own hardware.

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_mining

my own opinion on both

most of cloud mining is a scam site i do not belive on most cloud mining.

better stick with your own mining hardware and just calculate the electricity on your country and just look if it's profitable. goodluck!
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 09:02:30 PM

Simply put, people who use cloud mining services don't own the hardware.
The reason why it's a scam is because they (hardware owners) sell off the risk of mining at a bad premium.
They would just mine with the miner themselves if it was worth it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: