Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:08:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XFX RX480 8GB crashes  (Read 358 times)
skiepa (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:14:53 PM

Hello everyone,

I've got a problem with above mentioned card - it crashes terminal after random amount of minutes/hours. The other card which I got (same RX made by Asus) works perfect. XFX crashes no matter if it works together with Asus or alone.
Hashrate is normal, bios is not modified - where is the problem? Did I buy very used card? (it's not brand new)

Help me, please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:21:05 PM

Wrong section bro.....

But,have you tried older drivers,from 16.2 up to 17.4 ??

http://www.guru3d.com/files-categories/videocards-ati-catalyst-vista-win-7.html

My 480 likes the 16.11 drivers & MSI afterburner for fan speed & clocking  Wink

OH,NEVER buy used on ebay or any where,my luck with used cards is crap,return it if you can,it may be a dud  Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:13:55 AM

I have never done this and probably wouldn't unless a card was absolutely dead, but your thread reminded me of it and I knew someone that said it worked for them.  You can "bake" the video card, at a very low temp, like $250 for about five to ten minutes in the oven and then let it sit and cool.
jennywhzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:33:27 AM

Hello everyone,

I've got a problem with above mentioned card - it crashes terminal after random amount of minutes/hours. The other card which I got (same RX made by Asus) works perfect. XFX crashes no matter if it works together with Asus or alone.
Hashrate is normal, bios is not modified - where is the problem? Did I buy very used card? (it's not brand new)

Help me, please.

What it supposedly does is heat up the soldered joints and allow them to re-set again.  I would not actually suggest it until you are ready to toss the POS in the trash, but hey, you never know.
benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:49:41 AM

Hello everyone,

Help me, please.

Maybe the bios was flashed when you bought it??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: