Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:50:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockfolio - How to substract Bitcoin correctly when you buy altcoin with BTC?  (Read 1568 times)
xiats (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:26:29 PM

Hi, I use http://blockfolio.com/ to track my investments. I have Bitcoins as an investment and already inserted this info in the app. If I buy an altcoin it's mainly with Bitcoin, so how do you mark this on the app to still have the correct amount?

For example: you have 1BTC and you buy FCT for the amount of 0,2BTC. Therefore you have 0,8BTC and some FCT. So you insert the FCT equivalent in the app, ok, but I can't find the way to substract this amount of Bitcoin. How do you do this correctly?

I see the sell option but your not selling Bitcoin to EUR or USD. You are exchanging that amount for another value. How can you represent this in the app? Any help  Huh
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:35:51 PM

Hi, I use http://blockfolio.com/ to track my investments. I have Bitcoins as an investment and already inserted this info in the app. If I buy an altcoin it's mainly with Bitcoin, so how do you mark this on the app to still have the correct amount?

For example: you have 1BTC and you buy FCT for the amount of 0,2BTC. Therefore you have 0,8BTC and some FCT. So you insert the FCT equivalent in the app, ok, but I can't find the way to substract this amount of Bitcoin. How do you do this correctly?

I see the sell option but your not selling Bitcoin to EUR or USD. You are exchanging that amount for another value. How can you represent this in the app? Any help  Huh

Just edit your bitcoin holdings and change 1 to 0.8...

xiats (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:40:05 PM

Thanks for the answer, what if you have bought BTC with different prices? I bought on different dates, you will never have a precise number. Or should you check the date of purchase of the altcoin and subtract the BTC amount from the last time you bought it?

Is there no button to say, bought X amount of BTC to buy Factom for example.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 01:49:07 PM

Thanks for the answer, what if you have bought BTC with different prices? I bought on different dates, you will never have a precise number. Or should you check the date of purchase of the altcoin and subtract the BTC amount from the last time you bought it?

Unfortunally no. In case you do trades everytime and don't want to manually change your holdings everytime you change a coin for another, I recommend you to try http://altpocket.io

They import your buys and sells automatically from exchanges using your API and show your total profit/lost per trade.

Ex: bought 1 LTC for x Bitcoins and sold for x * 2. 100% profit. Total portfollio value: X BTC/X dollars

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:51:31 PM

If I understand this right, I think you mean entering an amount of Bitcoin, buying an alternative coin with some of that Bitcoin, then entering the amount of that alternative coin, but not subtracting it from your BTC balance. If that is the scenario you are speaking of, then you need to change the amount of bitcoin manually.

The amount of BTC (that you have) will be adjusted, in price, with the current price of Bitcoin.
I think you can just do that — it is tedious, but it's good for tracking your money.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:53:11 PM

Oh, I see, you also track bitcoin/fiat trades, it's easier if only bitcoin/alt, but you can do it like this:

You have 1 BTC in Poloniex you bought at $1000, you buy 0.2 BTC of Factom at Poloniex, you go and edit your bitcoin holding of 1 bitcoin @ $1000 @ Poloniex.

You just need to be more thorough with your trading record.

OdiLongCoin

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:20:28 PM

You can type in a sell of the amount of BTC you bought your altcoin with at price 0 in your bitcoin/Usd tradetracker. This puts your BTCbalance correct.
The prisechange relative to your bitcoin will be tracked in your btc/altcointrade, I’d say?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: