Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:12:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: selling- 1oz American Silver Eagles 2.5 btc  (Read 3098 times)
BitCoinsForGold (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:37:03 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2011, 12:58:01 AM by BitCoinsForGold

*note this has been edited to reflect my current special.

Hello Everyone!

Today I am launching a new service here for the bitcoin community that I hope to be groundbreaking event that will help bring hard backing to bitcoins.

I am currently offering gold and silver coins I presently own, from my own collection, for bitcoins.
These are coins I have currently, in stock, and on hand. I really only deal in US and Canadian Coins.

In these uncertain economic times, gold and silver are a worthy investment, and with the worldwide economic system on the brink of collapse, gold and silver are your best hedge against everything from hyperinflation to surviving a currency collapse.

**FOR AN EXTREMELY LIMITED TIME I WILL BE OFFERING SILVER 1oz American eagle COINS for 2.5 BTC

**Limit of 1 coin per user.

This is purely "at cost" between...
shipping and handling,
the over spot price everyone pays (including dealers),
and for what I feel is the fair market value in bitcoins (meaning what I realistically get back for the BTC)

I'm offering this 2.5 BTC offer to only established members, to show I am a serious and legitimate businessman that
will be offering fair and honest trades. After the first 10 orders I will go to my normal pricing structure.

These will not be bargain basement prices, but they will be fair and legitimate. The bitcoin market obviously changes, as does the silver and gold markets, and finding a place in the middle is going to be my job and responsibility. I am going to make this as streamline for everyone else as possible.

Please send me a private message through the forum with your Skype Id if u have one
Orders will be send our via US 2-3 day mail the next business day after payment is received.  

Thank you, and I hope to do a lot of business here in the future.

The bitcoin has just become gold backed.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitCoinsForGold (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:33:30 AM

Some people have expressed to me that they would like to buy, however, dont meet the criteria.

If you want to buy and don't meet the criteria i previously listed send me a message and I'll consider others, as long as you make sure to still leave a fair and accurate review of me and my service and coins Smiley (which will end up being good i assure you) Smiley
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:46:09 AM

Current-C and a few other members have been selling silver coins for btc for quite some time. Search on "silver eagle" you will get the list of traders.

Maybe we should seriously consider this suggestion to form a  Bitcoin Silver Backing Foundation?
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=1003.0

Yep, I like it. I have some 2010 1oz Silver American Eagles & 1oz 2010 Silver Canadian Maple Leafs...would 450BTC shipped CONUS seem like a fair price?
Seems high to me.
LOL, yes, it seems WAY too high now.
BitCoinsForGold (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:26:05 AM

I think there's room for someone else in the market Smiley And I am trying to give more streamline prices. Than people just saying things like over melt and things of that nature.

For these ten coins, 3.5 btc is straightforward.
As will be all my future prices.
Pay 3.5 btc,  get a 1oz American Silver eagle near mint condition.

Actually, one of the ones out of my little bitcoin avatar picture lol
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:25:47 AM

Do you have year/mint names available at the moment? I collect silver quarters from '32 to '64!

libertyzeal

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:39:13 AM

This doesn't really make bitcoins gold backed, now if you were to declare a fixed exchange rate, say 1 bitcoin is always redeemable for a certain portion of gold, and you had the gold to actually back that up, then it would be gold backed..   

not trying to be critical, I'd love to have the option to exchange bitcoins for precious metals w/o having to convert to some intermediary currency, so good on you..
BitCoinsForGold (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:41:26 AM

yeah i just kinda thought it was cute lol. But maybe I should take it out lest people take it too literally lol
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 07:09:33 AM

yeah i just kinda thought it was cute lol. But maybe I should take it out lest people take it too literally lol

PM sent

Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 10:10:44 AM

Don't these go for like 40$ on eBay?

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 11:55:00 AM

do you ship international ?ie UK ?
BitCoinsForGold (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 11:55:16 AM

I just went to Ebay for 2 seconds

http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-S-AMERICAN-EAGLE-PROOF-999-FINE-ONE-OUNCE-SILVER-/320714020439?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4aac0b9657

4 bids
Current bid:   US $67.09
1hr left

Here's something else thats interesting, he wont accept bitcoins for them Tongue
I am though, and dont think I should be bashed for making my own market valuations on both silver and BTC

Believe it or not, the difference between the online sold out price of things online doesn't just apply to ATI Video cards

Theres shortages of silver coins all over the place, especially good ones like American Eagles.
Can you sometimes get lucky and get one for 5 or 6 over silver melt spot price? Sure

Call some dealers in town and be amazed. Ask if they have more than one or two to sell you.
I promise they wont have many and if they do and you call the next day they wont.

The currencies are collapsing and people know it.
BitCoinsForGold (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 12:02:31 PM

I may get burned on this overall, but i will do shipping outside of the united states for +.25 btc for a total in this offer of 3.75 btc

I will honor any orders I take, but i after i end out the first international order if the shipping turns out to be too much i may have to change that rate
libertyzeal

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 12:12:34 PM

C'mon man, that's a proof coin, not a normal silver eagle, and if you are any type of legit dealer you know it.

I can buy a 1oz silver eagle right now from apmex for $41, that's $4 over spot.

Don't come here and treat people like idiots please.

BitCoinsForGold (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 12:29:22 PM

To be honest with you I didn't look i just put in 1oz silver eagle and took the first result

My point does remain the same. People see the spot melt silver price and think they can go an by a silver coin for that, that's not the truth

Plus, I do want to note, that I AM selling 1oz American silver eagle bullion coins, not the old walking liberty's or some of those old junk silver dollars people sell.

And what i said in the post was also true, call some local dealers and see if they have more than a couple of coins.
I know, I do it all the time. The supply is EXTREMELY constrained, and people often so charge and get more than $50 a coin.
There's other reasons for that too, but there's no need to get into them all

MY price is fair. If people aren't interested than than they don't have to buy.
But if someone looking how to turn their bitcoins into a hard physical asset then this is a good way to do it.

If i took a strait mgtox (assuming it didn't get hacked yesterday) BTC to silver spot rate I would lose money, never mind gaining it

There's....

Shipping (never mind handing, assume it floats to the mailbox)
Over spot price everyone inc dealers pay
Fluctuation in the btc market
measured against fluctuation in silver/gold market
Me having to at some point take btc to usd to pay for stock for future order
Me making a small profit

I make it simple. I make it so people don't have to worry about that.

In this special I'm running its 3.5 btc for a 1oz silver eagle coin within the us, its 3.75 outside the us.

I'm providing a good service at a good price.
But until you can buy it on ebay with bitcoins I dont feel your being fair in comparing me to bargain basement prices

Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 12:40:15 PM

I wasn't trying to bash you at all! I think this is a cool offer. However, you can't expect us not to compare your deal with what's already on the market. This forum is called the "Marketplace". Wink
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-2011-1oz-OUNCE-AMERICAN-SILVER-EAGLE-GEM-SILVER-COINS-/330574088527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf7c0494f#ht_2588wt_1139

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
BitCoinsForGold (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:00:17 PM

Fair enough.

Just realize guys I'm trying to do my best. I'm not trying to rape people, just to be fair to everyone.

And if people are worrying about 3.5btc an ounce, that's my special introductory price.
I will always fulfill all orders made at the price agreed upon.

But prices will change, and silver is an ever changing commodity, as is gold. Especially with QE3 coming around in another name
Please try to realize that what Im trying to do here is to provide a good LONG LASTING sustainable service.

Where you can lay off your 100 bitcoins down the road u got mining and not have to worry about ripping the market up selling them
Where you can get valuable physically commodity you can hold onto in one step, rather than having to jump through hoops

And to do that, I need to do my job well, and do as I say and say as I do.
But i also have to make it worthwhile and certainly not LOSE money, or that service will be lost to you all as well as to myself
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:03:58 PM

tbh once you have all the bull crap for changing from btc to usd and the extra charges. Then trying to get it into your bank account + the charges. then buying something on ebay.

I would rather just by from a OP I know I am going to get the stuff from with non of the bull crap.

So well done for you. (esp for offering international) Once the market sorts its self out and I am looking forward to placing an order or 2.

that's why I don't mind paying that little extra.
BitCoinsForGold (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:25:06 PM

Ty so much zero! and I will always do right by you and everyone else I deal with.

I learned long ago that the best way to be successful is to enter into all business dealings fairly
My offers will rarely be "too good to be true". But that's because they are real Smiley
maxkoda

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:22:52 PM

The bitcoin has just become gold backed.

Welcome to the the community helping to support bitcoin as a superior currency!

The PrivateTrader site http://privatetrader.i2p sells precious metals, base metals, and rare coins for Bitcoins!

(The PrivateTrader site started selling gold and silver back in 2010 but is not easy to find because they sell anonymously on the i2p network.)

Cheers!

maxkoda
BitCoinsForGold (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:31:36 AM

Ive been asked if i was still offering the same price despite the mtgox debacle and the answer to that is yes.

Its one of the reasons I offered at the price I did, to try and "price in" these kinds of problems potentially arising.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: