Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:51:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What am I doing wrong? 2nd PSU turns on before the 1st. MOBO won't boot.  (Read 343 times)
ben8jam (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:24:35 PM

I have 2 750W EVGA G2 PSUs. They work individually just fine. I have an ATX connector with ground. I plug the main PSU into the main PSU connector which is plugged into the MOBO and then the 2nd PSU into the 2-wire connector for ground. However, when I turn on the PSU's the 2nd starts spinning immeditalty even before I'vev turned on the first. If I then turn on the first the MBO gives an 99 error on the LCD.

I've tried two ATX connectors from different places. What am I missing?

The mobo is set to turn on with power detection. But I assume everyone else's are configured this way too?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VyprBTC

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:14:28 PM

I was going to buy those add2psu connector adapters but honestly i said why bother - I have a few dozen that I just jumped the pins on the PSU so they're powered all the time - I know many probably would advise against this but they've been fine for a month now so I'll just keep them that way. Since they're just powering GPUs and risers so far there has been no issue with them.

I'm slowly replacing them all with EVGA 1600w PSUs but not sure if I really want to replace the rest.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:35:46 PM

I have 2 750W EVGA G2 PSUs. They work individually just fine. I have an ATX connector with ground. I plug the main PSU into the main PSU connector which is plugged into the MOBO and then the 2nd PSU into the 2-wire connector for ground. However, when I turn on the PSU's the 2nd starts spinning immeditalty even before I'vev turned on the first. If I then turn on the first the MBO gives an 99 error on the LCD.

The mobo is set to turn on with power detection. But I assume everyone else's are configured this way too?

Jump start the second PSU which is powering the GPUs first and then start the first PSU to power on the MOB. Try changing the cables and see if it works. If it's not working no matter what you try, I will recommend you to invest in add2psu, it will save you a lot of time and headache.
ben8jam (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:07:46 PM

Jump start the second PSU which is powering the GPUs first and then start the first PSU to power on the MOB. Try changing the cables and see if it works. If it's not working no matter what you try, I will recommend you to invest in add2psu, it will save you a lot of time and headache.

I actually have an add2PSU, but no free molex to use it. So have to buy another cable for that.... oy. That little thing was expensive and was happy to use just the ATX connector+ground. Alas...

As for jump starting, isn't the concern that the two psu's should be grounded together?
joaocha

Activity: 254

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:11:47 PM

Dude

Just use a paper clips and make a jumper,

grounding 2 gpus together is a no sense to make you buy a add2psu adapter

i've been using paper clips for 1 year, and they are very Good!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: