Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There needs to be an adoption task force.  (Read 1096 times)
Ares (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:55:56 AM

The Bitcoin Foundation, or some other prominent group/individual should start a forum thread or e-mail list in order to organize mass amounts of people to show support for Bitcoin to a selected company or organization, updated every day or so with a new objective.

For example, this thread was a smashing success (though it was on reddit too): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194780.0

When online poker was effectively banned, the Poker Player's Alliance emerged to "lobby" for online poker through recruiting 1mil+ ordinary people to join. There is a thread updated every day with an action plan for everyone to follow and it has gotten A LOT accomplished and we now see states with online poker legislation.

Thoughts?
Ares (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:01:30 AM

By my estimation, if we had adopted this when i made the thread, we would have at least 3 countries whose national currency is Bitcoin.
WorrenBuffert

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:50:40 AM

Good idea. +1
I'm kind of new to bitcoin in general but shouldn't this bitcoin foundation I keep hearing about be responsible for this type of thing?

I just made this post about bittorrent going to add in payment option. Bitcoin would be perfect.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198908.0

chrono

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:39:06 AM

u agree with this. a separate group covering this would help out a lot.
Ares (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:31:40 AM

Good idea. +1
I'm kind of new to bitcoin in general but shouldn't this bitcoin foundation I keep hearing about be responsible for this type of thing?

I just made this post about bittorrent going to add in payment option. Bitcoin would be perfect.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198908.0

I think the Bitcoin Foundation would be the perfect candidate to lead this.

Each daily "task" would have to be strategically thought out to serve the greater purpose of Bitcoin. Some days it may be to send e-mails requesting a merchant accept Bitcoin, other days it may be posting pro-bitcoin posts on some facebook wall.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 02:35:19 AM

Ok, my first request is to draft Peter Thiel to be the new head of the foundation

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
bujiraso

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:56:55 AM

I think we can go broader than this.
What about an action website like the EFF has too?
And street-team sign-ups for various physical packages containing either print-outs for free (bookmarks, pamphlets, posters) or merch for BTCs (t-shirts,etc.)
Ares (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:58:26 PM

I think we can go broader than this.
What about an action website like the EFF has too?
And street-team sign-ups for various physical packages containing either print-outs for free (bookmarks, pamphlets, posters) or merch for BTCs (t-shirts,etc.)

I like it. I emailed the foundation, I hope they look into it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: