Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:21:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft just came up with Weird Altcoin  (Read 1291 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:26:56 PM

They call it "Global ID via Blockchain" or something. Guys am beginning to be worried about the future of this Planet. .. this people are upto something.  They are too obsessed with identifying every one  on the planet which I think is very unnecessary. We all need to unite and be very vigilant d be  

An article on the coin: http://fortune.com/2017/06/19/id2020-blockchain-microsoft/
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:16:50 PM

The project supposedly aims to help people without identification to get access to basic services such as education or health by giving them an identification that allows them to get access to such services. They also say it can help refugees who have fled their countries to prove their identity. As for the first point I don´t know to what extent, having a digital identity will open the way to those services. On the second point there seems to be an attempt to control illegal immigration. Many times immigrants can´t be returned to their country of origin because they lack identification and with this system, there could be more cases of immigrant returns.
Weatherby

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:22:37 PM

They call it "Global ID via Blockchain" or something. Guys am beginning to be worried about the future of this Planet. .. this people are upto something.  They are too obsessed with identifying every one  on the planet which I think is very unnecessary. We all need to unite and be very vigilant d be  
It is not surprising and i am pretty sure that all these big giants have a blue print of what every individual history is and they pretty have a sense of what your browsing patterns and frequently visited sites are and they might be having all these data for a very long time,coupled up with the data from your cell phones and adding google platforms too,your blueprint is out their and it is a matter of time that they will connect everything.
parepare

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:24:27 PM

The project supposedly aims to help people without identification to get access to basic services such as education or health by giving them an identification that allows them to get access to such services. They also say it can help refugees who have fled their countries to prove their identity. As for the first point I don´t know to what extent, having a digital identity will open the way to those services. On the second point there seems to be an attempt to control illegal immigration. Many times immigrants can´t be returned to their country of origin because they lack identification and with this system, there could be more cases of immigrant returns.

There is something similar - Humaniq

https://humaniq.co/

Pretty nice project. What do you think about it? I think team is good, and has big potential to become one of big coins, and to help people around the world.
Timzim103

Activity: 91
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:30:41 PM

"In practice, this means someone arriving at a border crossing could prove he or she had come from a refugee camp and qualify for aid. Or a displaced person in a new country could use the ID system to call up his or her school records."

If in practice this could be used to pull up your school records, then it implies this, your permanent blockchain ID stored on computers word-wide could be used to store a lot of different kinds of information on you, some you might like to forget exists.

The intention is to use this only to help migrants? hmm yeah. I'll believe that yup yup yup.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:37:38 PM

That's the tech, everyone can create many apps with blockchain. If many crypto community want to secret their ID microsoft want to show ID. But I think is ok to prevent criminals. There will be many giant company work on blockchain. Just wait and see, 2017-2020 can be thee the year of blockchain tech. Who hold more digital aset in coin or token they will be millionare I think
bartolo

Activity: 1176

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:41:34 PM

There is something similar - Humaniq

https://humaniq.co/

Pretty nice project. What do you think about it? I think team is good, and has big potential to become one of big coins, and to help people around the world.

I'm skeptical about that idea. They want to help people who cannot access basic services for lack of identification. The question is why do not they have identification? If they cannot have an ID in their country can they access this digital identification? And most importantly, will this digital identification be recognized in their countries? Will this really help them to access these basic services?

Ucy (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:06:16 AM

Gone are the days(one of the most dangerous days in human history) when Great political leaders talked about freedom , liberty, Privacy and need to protect them. You hardly these days.  Most leaders around the World are 100% puppets. They all say things to please their masters not the people they govern.
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:08:22 AM

Everyone with some status will have his own chain, which everyone already has sort of (CV) just with added function liquidity, creditworthiness.
The cost and maintenace of a non-minable coin is minimal and will be as common as a email address.
You want to be part of a business, good show me your money and I can deceit. 
Bitcoin be the fair reference point as its 100% minable.
With Atomic swapping I pay with your token/coin and is received instantly in whatever coin/token the payee wants.

It is not common to share email address or phone number. Why would i want to share money with any creep?
Why would i want to Stake into someone else's pocket, I want to Stake into my Pocket.
Blockchain is a pure evil tool to get rid of cash without revolt.

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:37:49 AM

Civic by Vinny Lingham also aims to provide secure ID using blockchain technology.

https://www.civic.com/

BTW, they're doing a token sale today.

pearlmen

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:02:14 AM

Gone are the days(one of the most dangerous days in human history) when Great political leaders talked about freedom , liberty, Privacy and need to protect them. You hardly these days.  Most leaders around the World are 100% puppets. They all say things to please their masters not the people they govern.

The reason for that is because those business moguls are the ones who put them there and not the general populace as a make believe to the citizens and the entire world. The issue of micro-soft coming in, I see this as dead on arrival to the current users of crypto because the interest bitcoin generated in the first place is the freedom it guaranteed which others cannot stand and I am not sure if any one already involved will trade that for any other alternative crypto to be launched.
Ucy (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:30:50 AM

It's likely  the Blockchain, exchanges and Wallets will be forced to use them.  Will never touch anything that breaks even one Blockchain/Crypto rule. This's why I sold off my Ripple.
dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:19:42 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 11:36:50 AM by dissident

That's neat... and I DO think it's a good idea to identify everyone on the planet. The only reason someone would value "privacy" is if they were into illegal activities, granted I support people's right to engage in illegal activities when they are what I call "victimless crimes" like speeding, smoking pot, and the like.   It had me thinking of Pascal Coin and the account number system... a trimmable blockchain technology where everyone can have a unique account number that's exclusive to them where their basic identity and medical data can be stored, along with perhaps things like their bank account balance... all on the blockchain, with a size limit that's manageable due to the blockchain trim tech.. that would be neat. Of course pascal's tech doesn't have enough account numbers to generate the numbers needed for whole countries.. I'm sure they could scale to fit the needs though.  There's plenty of numbers to track refugees though.

At some point the ever expanding blockchain sizes will need to be addressed, which is why I focus on investing in the tech versus another generic coin that promises "smart contracts" and the like.. right now child chains (Ardor) and Blockchain Trim (Pascal) are promising. If anyone else has coins with great tech I might be missing please post. I like to diversify.  There has been other scalability threads but nothing exciting has come of them.

The one disadvantage of Pascal's tech is that you have to be paying attention to what you're doing.. you can't go and dispute a year old transaction because at some point transaction history gets "trimmed" to keep the blockchain at a max size. The information in the account remains the same, while the data which got the account to that point eventually get trimmed, inotherwords, so there is no complete paper trail that goes straight back to day one. It will go back 3 to 6 months and then your paper trail is gone. Actually that has advantages when it comes to privacy.. hmm.... (puts on thinking cap)

Blockchain trim is the ultimate privacy enhancing tech when I think about it more.. it definitely needs to be promoted! At the speed government moves, by the time they bother to check the blockchain, the history is gone. Very interesting.... 
ranreichman

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 11:48:06 AM

I think we should get used to every big company talking about blockchain in one way or the other. But most companies probably won't approach the field seriously.

findingthemoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:55:08 AM

I think we should get used to every big company talking about blockchain in one way or the other. But most companies probably won't approach the field seriously.

I think they are approaching it seriously and the fact that everyone is talking about using blockchains just goes to show how important the technology already is, so just imagine what it could still become in the future.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:55:48 AM

Apparently it is designed to identify and track refugees, illegal immigrants, John and Jane  Doe's. Our increasingly connected modern lifestyles have brought us real tangible benefits, such as convenience and more information about ourselves than we know what to do with, and we sacrifice our privacy for this. This will benefit the majority, but the minority  that want to remain anonymous at all cost will avoid at all cost.
ranreichman

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 12:33:15 PM

I think they are approaching it seriously and the fact that everyone is talking about using blockchains just goes to show how important the technology already is, so just imagine what it could still become in the future.

I think Microsoft are actually approaching it seriously. Some other companies are just talking a lot about blockchain but as a marketing trick (don't want to name names). I do think blockchain will be huge but many big companies will miss it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: