Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:51:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction] 1 Mystery Box - Round 4  (Read 1922 times)
TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 07:02:38 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 07:16:10 AM by TheButterZone

All I will say is that the box will be worth about the same as the auction price. Will prioritize new items, then descend in condition if I run out of new items or the new items can't add up close enough. If the auction price is sufficiently high & my biggest box can't hold everything, I'll split everything across multiple packages.

USA delivery address only; 100% up to you to find & hire a US-based shipping forwarder/reshipper if you're outside the US & send me a list of things likely to be seized by your Customs officials, so I won't include them.

Minimum Starting Bid: BTC0.02
Minimum Bid Increment: BTC0.01
Shipping: Free packaging, but the cheapest USPS shipping service based on dimensions, destination & weight counts towards auction price
End Date: 8/14/2017 @ 23:59:59 UTC-7 -> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/los-angeles
Payment Deadline: My BTC address will be sent to winner at end of auction, and payment must be at least broadcast to the network within 8 hours

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mbuk81

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:49:49 PM

Do you post outside the us ?

HIGH PAYING BITCOIN FAUCET ONLY AT SWITCH-BUX PTC BITCOIN FAUCET CLAIM EVERY 30 MINS AND GET 50 SATOSHI EVERYTIME
jimmy55

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:31:21 PM

This seems interesting but I don't get why someone would bid.  I mean, you said you will give approximately the price of the bid into the box.  So wouldn't I be better off just buying what I want instead of getting whatever you have laying around?

FOR SALE (cheap)
EnacDomains

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 10:34:16 PM

does anyone know what's the content?

http://eNAC.com -Buy and sell domain names with Bitcoin
TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 11:28:35 PM

Do you post outside the us ?

No, for legal reasons.

This seems interesting but I don't get why someone would bid.  I mean, you said you will give approximately the price of the bid into the box.  So wouldn't I be better off just buying what I want instead of getting whatever you have laying around?

If you don't want a MYSTERY box that might be more valuable to you than my valuation, then don't bid.

does anyone know what's the content?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mystery

If someone reveals what their mystery box contained, it won't be the same thing that's in a future mystery box.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 01:05:58 PM

0.02BTC
yogg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 10:51:47 AM

So .. I just wanted to take a shot because no one was bidding. I can see why now.
This is the first time I see such strict terms, payment within 8 hours. I apologize for not understanding that subtility.

I won that auction in the evening here in France, I was sleeping when you PMed me.
Given the criticity in the amount of BTC or how much I'm excited by "mysteries", I must admit I wasn't paying really close attention to this auction.
In fact, your PM reminded me that I have bid.
The next day was a non working day and I had plans, so even before I knew I won, it was too late by your terms.

When I have PMed you to ask if it's okay to pay later, you could just say that, well, it's not okay and that you want payment asap, regardless of the rest.
Instead, your reply was  rude. You could have respectfully replied instead of whining :
Why do you & everyone else think it's ok to violate the terms of my auctions?
That was your only reply to my PM. Was that a "yes" or a "no" to my question, as to know if I can pay 48hours later ? Since you didn't bother to reply, well, I planned to pay you this evening.
Anyway, seen how that sale  turned out, I am not sure I want to receive a box full of thin air ... Some value their farts more than 0.02BTC ...
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:02:25 PM

Eh, 8 hours is a quick time to pay for an auction but you should have checked the rules, as he mentioned it right on the top Smiley

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 06:35:07 PM

"Thin air" or "farts" are not items, nor are they new.

If it was OK to pay later, there would have been no Payment Deadline: auction term for you to violate. There is no legitimate excuse for bidding on an auction without having secured the funds to pay.

Also, as you say you're in France, I can only presume you'd be hiring minerjones to reship out of the US, as was advertised in TECSHARE's mystery box sale you participated in. That's even more BTC you hadn't secured, than just the price of my box contents+shipping within US.

P.S. The [non] rocket science way to see if you've been outbid:

| notify |
Are you sure you wish to enable notification of new replies for this topic?
OK

yogg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 07:03:18 PM

Allright, I'm subscribing to notifications too.

Please stop making false assumptions. Where did you see that I didn't intend to pay you, or that I don't have funds secured ?

Please check my address : https://blockchain.info/address/1yogg7RkwrSsh1UNi5jw3oUALHBaP4KrX

You aren't false all the way since you guessed I intended to ask minerjones to reship to me, but not on all the line.
I placed my bid on the 10th of august. If that auction was running for 2 more or less days, there would have been no hassle.

(Kinda funny we were celebrating the "Assumption of Mary" day on the 15th of august .. https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/france/assumption
That was the right time to make "assumptions".)

About the deadline term, if you are tired of tired of people not respecting it, you should consider to mark it RED and/or with a big font.
If this is that important to you, put it first in the terms list. Not in the last position.
Try that, and you'll be less disappointed. Smiley

I have posted a thread in the Reputation board explaining what happened and how that rolled out. In the end, you didn't even reply to the question I asked in my PM.
Within a phonecall I could have asked some friends to send 0.02BTC to and address I'd have emailed to them and I'd send it back to them. A simple reply to the question I asked you would spared all this mess.

I like it myself when all terms are met 100%, and you are right to be angry because of this since this is your auction, your rules. When that doesn't happen, both parties should do anything to come to an agreement. I'd agree to send you some more. I wanted to spare some fees, my bad, I wouldn't have tried if I knew these consequences.
Please let's act like educated businessmen and settle this once and for all.
TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 07:36:19 PM

Allright, I'm subscribing to notifications too.

Please stop making false assumptions. Where did you see that I didn't intend to pay you, or that I don't have funds secured ?

Your own words in the past-deadline PM quoted below made it absolutely clear that you didn't have funds secured. Only after the deadline did a BTC1 input get added to 0 balance. If you had funds secured, then you wouldn't have been "a bit short on BTC". The auction duration/end time is logically above the payment deadline, so even if you thought it was legitimate to place an unsecured bid on an auction, you knew EXACTLY the deadline for getting it secured later, but not so late that it was past the deadline.

As every auction term is equally important & violated, the order and font is irrelevant (except to victim-blamers who will always pretend they can't READ ENGLISH).

The answer to what is effectively "may I violate the terms of your auction?" is always implicitly (Why do you & everyone else think it's ok to violate the terms of my auctions?) & now explicitly, NO.

One third-party's involvement (the shipping forwarder minerjones) is quite enough. I don't want my BTC knowingly tainted by loans.

Hello TheButterZone,

Awesome ! I'm curious to know what's going to be inside. Smiley
I am really a bit short on BTC at the time writing. Do you mind if I pay you in 48hr max please ?
Otherwise I still can take a small loan to pay you right now, but soon I won't need to pay any additional interest.

Thank you very much for your comprehension,
Best regards,
yogg

n3rvi0zz0

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:42:18 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 06:22:25 AM by n3rvi0zz0

I did talk with TheButterZone and I apologize for my bad speech, i hope you can forgive me TheButterZone

I never deal with you so i can not assume you wanted to punish yogg without reason

I edited this post because I felt was the correct thing to do.

have a good day TheButterZone

regards Ruben

https://bizzilion.com/?ref=n3rvi0zz0

Earn up to 1.5% daily investing in the best platform of internet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: