Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:48:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Regulations in Georgia?  (Read 4025 times)
David19 (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:46:41 PM

Are there any bitcoin regulations in country Georgia? Any fee's/taxes you have to pay when exchanging bitcoin and receiving large amount of money via bank wire?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blackbird0

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:47:56 PM

Are there any bitcoin regulations in country Georgia? Any fee's/taxes you have to pay when exchanging bitcoin and receiving large amount of money via bank wire?

You should seek competent legal advice from a licesned attorney in Georgia, not from anonymous commenters on the internet.
BitliCoin

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:29:19 AM

Hi,
Since you mentioned Georgia, do you have any btc related relationship with Georgia right now ?
if so i'd like to ask about your experience. Please PM me.
koinsuka

Activity: 164

Zap.org - Data Feed Oracle Marketplace

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 10:40:42 AM

bitcoin is not held by any one government center. I
certainly think there are no specific laws governing
financial business virtual.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Zap StoreDecentralized Marketplace for Oracles ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Token Sale October 21st ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ FacebookTwitterLinkedYouTube ■  WhitepaperReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:58:22 PM

You should seek competent legal advice from a licesned attorney in Georgia, not from anonymous commenters on the internet.
I agree, try to ask a lawyer for information about the legal state of bitcoin in Georgia. Most people here will give you unverified information.
virtuose247

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:35:33 PM

Ukraine is the only nation that has welcomed Bitcoin to its territory. Other USSR nations haven't really spoken up related to the topic yet. I think it is better for you to reach a lawyer regarding the status of Bitcoin in your country.

Speaking from Armenia.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:58:55 PM

There is not any  specific  regulations for btc in Georgia.I knowthere is one company what is orgenising international conference about btc.Georgia is very friendlly and open for business,there are two places in Georgia what are tax paradise,similar to Honcong,Carraibean,Seychele,Belize.In any other place you pay stable lowtax from many what you have earned.Business is welcomed,people are friendly and food is great

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
satdas

Activity: 281

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:55:59 AM

still no specific law about regulation in georgia. same problem faced there by the people. so i can say that bitcoin is not legal there but we can see alot of people there using bitcoin.
Dassi

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:59:32 AM

America has already made it known that it is pro-bitcoin. I do not see why Georgia would want to place a ban on it.
PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 10:23:52 AM

If you find anything, please help me update our collection here. I am still willing to keep that collection up to date, but to help people actually find it, I need new entries from time to time. It will easily help you, too, if someone posts an entry there.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:08:50 AM

Well there are some and I'd be glad to answer any questions
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:26:31 AM

Maybe I'm not a georgia but it seems it's important to add my knowledge of bitcoin so I'm going to ask a question, maybe in my country there is no income tax from bitcoin results, is there any income tax rules on bitcoin in georgia?
And what percentage of taxes to be paid from bitcoin income?
thanks.
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:58:00 AM

Maybe I'm not a georgia but it seems it's important to add my knowledge of bitcoin so I'm going to ask a question, maybe in my country there is no income tax from bitcoin results, is there any income tax rules on bitcoin in georgia?
And what percentage of taxes to be paid from bitcoin income?
thanks.
Sure, I'd be glad to help. Income tax is 18% and you have to pay it, if you use Georgian withdrawal services then you will have to pay, if you use other countries credit/debit card like Xapo you can avoid it. Plus we don't have strict regulations yet.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:11:09 AM

Taxes are issued at 18% / month or year and taxes derived from bitcoin income or real business such as income taxes from private company employees, and taxes of 18% of the bitcoin income earned on all users or companies engaged in bitcoin?
leminerale

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 05:02:55 AM

I agree, try to ask a lawyer for information about the legal state of bitcoin in Georgia. Most people here will give you unverified information.

Yes, every rule should come from the government to make definite decisions and provide clear regulation.
David19 (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:02:34 PM

Taxes are issued at 18% / month or year and taxes derived from bitcoin income or real business such as income taxes from private company employees, and taxes of 18% of the bitcoin income earned on all users or companies engaged in bitcoin?

Hey,

The government hasn't set any specific regulations that apply to only bitcoin related businesses/companies ? I have tried to find some information about this and i'm having a struggle in doing so.
mzforfree

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:00:31 AM

Up to a certain point yes,

been wondering about this case as well about the state of NY's executive power overreach in which it "arbitrarily and inappropriately by using Bitcoin companies as "Guinea Pigs" when it promulgated its virtual currency regulation."

Looks to me like the wall street crowd got greedy, wanted to force the independent BTC brokers out once they saw the real value of BTC and their way of getting just a little bit more was to force the independent brokers to be fully licensed (not in itself a bad thing) but still a bold move by a single branch of government with possible conflict of interest motives going on since it's NY
mzforfree

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:07:48 AM

Up to a certain point yes,

been wondering about this case as well about the state of NY's executive power overreach in which it "arbitrarily and inappropriately by using Bitcoin companies as "Guinea Pigs" when it promulgated its virtual currency regulation."

Looks to me like the wall street crowd got greedy, wanted to force the independent BTC brokers out once they saw the real value of BTC and their way of getting just a little bit more was to force the independent brokers to be fully licensed (not in itself a bad thing) but still a bold move by a single branch of government with possible conflict of interest motives going on since it's NY

And honestly speaking BTC law at all levels, federal, state, local, are still in its infancy stages of being regulated with elected officials still needing to be briefed and lawyers with 20+ experience in regulatory and tax law STILL needing to do their diligence because of how new the currency is.

From what I've read from the stickied legal precedents and via wiki:

The U.S. Treasury classified bitcoin as a convertible decentralized virtual currency in 2013.[18] The Commodity Futures Trading Commission, CFTC, classified bitcoin as a commodity in September 2015. Per IRS, bitcoin is taxed as a property.[19]

In September 2016, a federal judge ruled that "Bitcoins are funds within the plain meaning of that term".

Which doesn't say much as I believe there are still issues of states rights here whether or not to implement the tax (FL has no property tax) and that sept 2016 ruling sounded like the judge just wanted to pass the buck to another judge to have his name on the books as setting the precedent.

Basically as long as your not running a business and needing things like payroll and receipts for write-offs i think you should be fine with the IRS (who is really who you should be concerned about reporting) and not state and local. BTW I live in GA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: