Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:56:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX 1080 ti ftw3 Overclocking help  (Read 2904 times)
Nalut (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:18:30 AM

Hello,

Recieved this card few days ago, mined Zcash 700 sol/s and decided to move to Lbry using Nicehash, i need help overclocking this card with MSI AB.

Here's a screenshot of the current OC and speed using Lbry only.

Electricity doesn't matter, as long as the OC settings doesn't hurt the GPU i am Ok.

Speed ~500 Lbry on Nicehash
Temp 63c~69c, is that Okay ?
Mining lbry on nicehash wise or i should mine alone on Pool ?
What should i adjust to lower fans and power ?

Thank you all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thesmokingman

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:43:10 AM

Hello,

Recieved this card few days ago, mined Zcash 700 sol/s and decided to move to Lbry using Nicehash, i need help overclocking this card with MSI AB.

Electricity doesn't matter, as long as the OC settings doesn't hurt the GPU i am Ok.

Thank you all

http://www.wikihow.com/Overclock-a-Graphics-Card

PIMP your AMD & Nvidia Farm. Finally a Multi-Miner Linux 16.04 Distro with Web Monitoring and On the Fly Algo-Switching. My PIMP AMD/Nvidia FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus
Nalut (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:22:32 AM

Hello,

Thank you all

http://www.wikihow.com/Overclock-a-Graphics-Card
I have tried this tutorial already, i need someone with the same exact gpu card mining on nicehash to share their OC settings/advices.
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 04:12:39 AM

Just had EVGA 1080TI SC editions - did not like them much, one out of 3 cards was acting up, were all new, no overclock... so got rid of them.
I see you overclocking it, but whats the stock clock?

p.s. in any overclocking, if temps are within a good limit (yours is) should not damage gpu, unless you will start with voltmod, IMO

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
Nalut (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:09:51 PM

Just had EVGA 1080TI SC editions - did not like them much, one out of 3 cards was acting up, were all new, no overclock... so got rid of them.
I see you overclocking it, but whats the stock clock?

p.s. in any overclocking, if temps are within a good limit (yours is) should not damage gpu, unless you will start with voltmod, IMO
As long as EVGA provide warranty for 3 years i don't mind the 5 months ROI, what stock settings ?

I am not touching the Volt overclocking, since electricity is super cheap here.
Plumbus

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:44:35 PM

1. Set the power limit to desired level
2. Increase core clock gradually until it's no longer stable then back it down a little bit
3. Increase memory clock gradually until it's no longer stable (or until your hashrate levels off) then back it down a little bit

BOOM done

You may have to do this for each algorithm
Nalut (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:22:32 AM

2. Increase core clock gradually until it's no longer stable then back it down a little bit
3. Increase memory clock gradually until it's no longer stable (or until your hashrate levels off) then back it down a little bit

BOOM done

First of all thank you for your comment
So that's it? i saw people go upside down like -20 on memory clock so they can get more hash power !!

I am using Nicehash which is mining on three different algorithms automatically "Equihash\Lbry\Lyra2REv2" what should i do in this case?
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:57:39 AM

BOOM done

First of all thank you for your comment
So that's it? i saw people go upside down like -20 on memory clock so they can get more hash power !!

I am using Nicehash which is mining on three different algorithms automatically "Equihash\Lbry\Lyra2REv2" what should i do in this case?

You can oc that card to +60/80 without really doing anything. You can't really damage it as you aren't playing with voltage. As long as your psu cables can handle the increase in power when you adjust the power limit to max (117%), the worst that will happen is a driver crash or your PC locks up.

twitter @antiiclimax
sidog

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 04:22:08 AM

also, if noise isn't too much of an issue, i would just crank up that fan speed to 100%.  Those things are meant to spin fast all the time, it's the process of changing speeds that degrades them over time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: