Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to build a Token for a political candidate  (Read 676 times)
HolyCross (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:20:48 AM

I want to create an ICO that would fund a 3rd party run for the 2018 senate. Where do I start? I need a developer, can someone who is interested and knows how to create a basic token please PM me? Thanks
HolyCross (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:40:36 AM

bump, I know this will get beaten down the table because everyone is only here for money but I'm sick of the two party duopoly and their ancient politics. We need a force with our voice in the highest political offices of this country. Often money is the largest barrier to getting a message out and competing at a winnable level with the establishment. With the power and money of the blockchain we could easily fund a large enough political campaign that could actually compete in a Senate or Congressional Race.

Again, please, someone reach out. There must be more people thinking the same thing. I'm not a technical guy and I need to figure out how to create this token and think about how it can function. Perhaps it could have some physical asset encoded like ZrCoin?
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:48:15 AM

I want to create an ICO that would fund a 3rd party run for the 2018 senate. Where do I start? I need a developer, can someone who is interested and knows how to create a basic token please PM me? Thanks
Why do you need to create an ICO for that? Wouldn’t be better to just try to raise money by donations or something? Also do you mean supporting a candidate that is running for an already established 3rd party or to create a party on your own, because that sounds like something that not only will require money but a grassroots effort that is not possible to do on the internet.
HolyCross (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:54:55 AM

Why do you need to create an ICO for that? Wouldn’t be better to just try to raise money by donations or something? Also do you mean supporting a candidate that is running for an already established 3rd party or to create a party on your own, because that sounds like something that not only will require money but a grassroots effort that is not possible to do on the internet.

So maybe I have the wrong wording and excuse me as such. I have wrong idea with an ICO I think. What I'm trying to ask is, let's say there is a good, decent candidate who is trying to run for Senate or Congress or Governor in the USA. How can we use the blockchain to fund their campaign? Why would we use the blockchain? Why not? Would assume if blockchain tech is revolutionizing our society then we should have candidates and political voices that use and promote them.

Also, why couldn't (decentralized) WE create a new political party in the United States that is funded by and created on the blockchain? With all the money moving around you don't think we could create and fund a new political party with a crowdsale? Am I crazy
BitzMD

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 03:03:33 AM

I really think this type of cause is what the blockchain is supposed to do for people. By empowering communities to seek funding in a decentralized fashion without the constraints of any conflict of interest or nepotism.

Interested in what others have to say.

HolyCross (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:37:38 AM

Ok case study and hypothetical:  I have a candidate and she's great. She wants to run for Governor of Louisiana. Her platform reads something out of 2040 because that's where we're headed. She's not going to take any fucking shit because she's not being funded by goldman sachs. She need to raise 25 Million dollars to run a campaign with enough depth and scope to actually compete with the 2 party duopoly. How could I use the blockchain to raise those 25 million dollars?

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 03:48:28 AM

Just creating a bitcoin address and ask people to donate to that address, this is the best and only legal way, you don't want to make her a scammer by creating token and scam the world because that token will be worthless eventually when she cashingout or the token simply mean nothing and have no value from start.

Creating token for candidates just don't make any sense. Investors will end up have nothing unless she promise them something if she won but that don't sound legal.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
HolyCross (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:58:44 AM

Just creating a bitcoin address and ask people to donate to that address, you don't want to make her as scammer by creating token and scam the world because that token will be worthless eventually when she cashingout.

Creating token for candidates just don't make any sense. Investors will end up have nothing unless she promise them something if she won but that don't sound legal.
You bring up a great point in your second paragraph. How does an investor see a return on an investment? And what makes it different than investing in fiat?

I think just creating a BTC add for donations is not nearly enough and doesn't show the type of commitment needed to garner widespread support from crypto-enthusiasts. She'd have to show a technological knowhow and real world application more than just shilling for BTC...

What was the purpose of RonPaulCoin?
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 04:04:40 AM

Just creating a bitcoin address and ask people to donate to that address, you don't want to make her as scammer by creating token and scam the world because that token will be worthless eventually when she cashingout.

Creating token for candidates just don't make any sense. Investors will end up have nothing unless she promise them something if she won but that don't sound legal.
You bring up a great point in your second paragraph. How does an investor see a return on an investment? And what makes it different than investing in fiat?

I think just creating a BTC add for donations is not nearly enough and doesn't show the type of commitment needed to garner widespread support from crypto-enthusiasts. She'd have to show a technological knowhow and real world application more than just shilling for BTC...

Ronpaulcoin, trumpcoin, putincoin, all are created by scammers as meme

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

"let's say there is a good, decent candidate who is trying to run for Senate or Congress or Governor in the USA"

Haha good one

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
HolyCross (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:17:02 AM

"let's say there is a good, decent candidate who is trying to run for Senate or Congress or Governor in the USA"

Haha good one

Sad . I understand we are living through one of the bleakest times in terms of our political system in the United States. I am as depressed and saddened as you are. However, there are people in this country who still have their head on straight and want to push for human decency and harmony throughout our world. This pessimistic mentality is exactly why we need candidates who understand how the world is moving in a new direction. We should be collaborating with the blockchain for the good of society. I feel like that was the basic principle of the OG whitepaper anyways...

Ronpaulcoin, trumpcoin, putincoin, all are created by scammers as meme

Ok thanks. Yeah, so this would be the opposite of a scam.

But what could it be? That's what I'm hoping this thread could being a dialogue about. We see the implications of blockchain technology on our society, why can't we use it to empower a critical mass outside of the tunnel vision of the old world?
Almeida

Activity: 196
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:24:22 AM

What you want? TrumpToken? GTFO  Angry
HolyCross (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:35:32 AM

What are you talking about? No... I don't want "trumptoken"

iaoorin

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:41:15 AM

I don't see a way, except classic money raising just trough cryptos. Only way I see it is something like this possible is if she was offering Xcoin in return for other coins. And promise that with Xcoin you will be able to buy something in future, and only with that coin. She needs to give a value to that coin, something investors will believe and see profit from beside nice filling for helping USA become better place. My 2cents
Almeida

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:52:52 AM

What are you talking about? No... I don't want "trumptoken"

BiTTrump?  Shocked

... now seriously, you are far better just collecting BTC. What would the value be of such "election-fund" coin?
cybernetus

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 01:12:40 AM

In Brazil we have Dilmacoin, a Coin basedo on our ex-president Dilma. But this coin is only a little joke.
Joke is the best thing to do with politicians.
Almeida

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:16:36 AM

In Brazil we have Dilmacoin, a Coin basedo on our ex-president Dilma. But this coin is only a little joke.

That's it, give that man dilma coins, I'm sure it will be 1-1 value-wise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: