Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:38:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Surging Anew  (Read 1396 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:20:48 AM

As I was then expecting last week, there would be a little surge of Bitcoin price within this week and it our darling currency pushed over $200 to a high of $2783.

While understandably there are those who are spreading FUD all over the net on the August One Event, the market is already getting immune.

The major reason for this recent surge is the  news that finally SegWig2x consensus has already surpassed 80% and we can soon see what the whole Bitcoin community is wishing for.

I have a strong faith that eventually things can get ironed out and that the interests of the majority would prevail as we are now witnessing the history of Bitcoin unfolds before our very eyes...with Bitcoin evolving and progressing towards the future.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papajamba

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:58:43 AM

Agree with your views.
Price will still surge in July but last week of July, prices will bottom out due to the possible August 1 fork.
People need to buy during that dip and price will go back up again.
I see btc at 4-5k at yearend
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:24:50 AM

the market is moving as it should, all the FUD you see around the web is from kids who wish to magnify the effects of the drop to get more of cheap coins.
otherwise it was a nice little correction that needed to happen in order to keep the market healthy and strong instead of always rising and entering a dangerous bubble.
right now the buy support is back with much strength and this can also be because of the news about the recent development in the scaling front.

Only Bitcoin
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:27:39 AM

I noticed two important things when I logged in to my BTC-e account today. Bitcoin was up by around 5%, and Ether was down by 5%. The market cap dominance for BTC has increased from 37% to 39% (I hope very soon it will achieve 50%, and within a couple of months it may reach 80%). This is the beginning of the end of altcoin bubble. All these inflated balloons are going to burst, once SegWig2x is activated.
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:36:53 AM

The past few days have been rather boring, with no real big moves in terms of the price, compared to the weeks that came before it. It is nice to see that the price is moving slightly upwards again, but this time I hope at a sustainable and a slower pace. This way, the price would not be subject to too much swings up and down very often.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:43:39 AM

I noticed two important things when I logged in to my BTC-e account today. Bitcoin was up by around 5%, and Ether was down by 5%. The market cap dominance for BTC has increased from 37% to 39% (I hope very soon it will achieve 50%, and within a couple of months it may reach 80%). This is the beginning of the end of altcoin bubble. All these inflated balloons are going to burst, once SegWig2x is activated.

that's just the start. very soon more ICO owners will want to sell their funds they have received in their ICO sells and we are talking about a couple of million dollars for each of them not just small amounts!
and when that happens all the money will crash ETH and will come back to bitcoin and lead to higher rise.

Buying the dip...
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:04:27 AM

The past few days have been rather boring, with no real big moves in terms of the price, compared to the weeks that came before it. It is nice to see that the price is moving slightly upwards again, but this time I hope at a sustainable and a slower pace. This way, the price would not be subject to too much swings up and down very often.
Boring ? Probably you must be an active trader, I'm not actively trading bitcoin and hence not finding anything different. When bitcoin prices are trading stable, I do find altcoins trading are easier to make easy profits. Usually bitcoin prices are remaining stable just before getting into another big rally. I am expecting another big wave to get start by this week.

We can expect always new ATH to happen repeatedly. Because we are in waves which might last till reaching million dollars, so breaking ATH again and again may happen more frequently.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:03:50 AM

there is a lot of money coming in, some say it is because of all the altcoins going bust and dumping like hell some say it is the Segwit effect.
i say it is first SegWit that caused the rise then signaled all the altcoin pumpers to end their pumps and make their exits then the dumps in altcoins started and the money came back in.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:34:18 PM

Lot of good news is coming into bitcoin starting from the legalized adoption from Countries all around the world to the consensus reaching more than 80%, also more people have started to learn more about bitcoin and related activities to make a better earning as well for other needs starting from investing to gambling and other illegal business needs.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:42:52 PM

I personally think that part of the reason for btc surging is that ether is falling. The Ether network is "congested", in other words they have full blocks too, and thei 24 hour transactions are not much different from bitcoin's. This means they arn't the coin that will replace btc because they can't handle volume - hence eth is selling off and btc is gaining.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Absentis

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:12:32 PM

I personally think that part of the reason for btc surging is that ether is falling. The Ether network is "congested", in other words they have full blocks too, and thei 24 hour transactions are not much different from bitcoin's. This means they arn't the coin that will replace btc because they can't handle volume - hence eth is selling off and btc is gaining.

Ether is nothing to do with the bitcoin price surges and you cannot make it as the reasons why bitcoin price now rises again. It's all a matter of increase of bitcoin buying demand as, just like the previous rise and fall of price sell rises and that's why price also lowered down. Both eth and bitcoin has their own buying and selling demand as traders of crypto market always do dumps of selling their holdings at exchange markets of bitcoin to fiat cash. After all demand climbs up after several weeks of uncertainty, we are now in a rising mode, and hopefully more will be having a buying demand.
hotpassion

Activity: 155
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:52:01 PM

With all the good news for BTC, I suppose BTC price is targeting a new ATH soon after a dip last week. We are expecting $3000+ this time and then the price may decrease a bit when people sell BTC to take profits.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:10:46 PM

I personally think that part of the reason for btc surging is that ether is falling.
No. Bitcoin has been going up due to the constant flow of increasing demand that comes basically from all over the world. In reality, Ether is still hovering around insanely high levels, which is why I don't see any point in why you relate the tiny price fall of Ether to Bitcoin's increasing price. Bitcoin has always been jumping up and down regardless of what other shitcoins are doing.

The Ether network is "congested", in other words they have full blocks too, and thei 24 hour transactions are not much different from bitcoin's.
Can you tell that to all the noobs that keep complaining about Bitcoin and start praising alts as result?

This means they arn't the coin that will replace btc because they can't handle volume
Ether has never had any chance in that regard, not sure why you bring that up.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:59:12 PM

Finally, we are moving back up again. But the greatest news is that 80% segwit2x consensus. We will finally get rid of this high tx fees and the long tx confirmation time. I am wondering how high this surge will go?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:46:08 PM

Well we are in a wait and see but if all things turn out as they seem to be indicating 
We should be in for a nice rally.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:29:04 PM

Well we are in a wait and see but if all things turn out as they seem to be indicating 

Problem here is that no matter how good things are looking to finally end these scaling debates, I will only believe it until activation becomes reality. From that point it doesn't hurt to remain somewhat conservative in this matter. Other than that, it seems that not a lot people are aware of SegWit2X as they still seem to focus on what might happen at the first of August....
HasHe

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:10:32 AM

Agree with your views.
Price will still surge in July but last week of July, prices will bottom out due to the possible August 1 fork.
People need to buy during that dip and price will go back up again.
I see btc at 4-5k at yearend
Yes,if price dip happens during july last,people should make use of that opportunity and buy as much bitcoins as they can since we could not expect such a price fall in the near future.Bitcoin would cross $4000 by this year end.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:34:10 AM

Problem here is that no matter how good things are looking to finally end these scaling debates, I will only believe it until activation becomes reality. From that point it doesn't hurt to remain somewhat conservative in this matter. Other than that, it seems that not a lot people are aware of SegWit2X as they still seem to focus on what might happen at the first of August....

Well that is why it is a forward looking statement, whether it will be all sunshine and daisies or a giant turd at the end of the day will only become clearer the closer we are to approaching that date. At least right now the clouds do not seem to be shifting on the horizon although like the weather things can change in the forecast.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:22:48 AM

Looks like their FUD didnt work.
As I have thought this will just be simple waves like anything before.
Too much drama for other who just experienced a $200 fall. That is not even called a fall in terms of bitcoin. That is just a wave. It would just be scary if it takes thousands of dollars.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:52:41 AM

There might be some changes but only a slight one, I still see it flat and not a sudden surge up or down. Seeing Bitcoin behaving like this where movements is like its limited makes me think that something is going to happen like a sudden crash but I hope I'm wrong. Having Australia and India joining the pack of Countries where Bitcoin is regulated is a good sign.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: