Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:31:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Years of Bitcoin, short version  (Read 1886 times)
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:51:57 AM

Do not forget the landmark Florida Cryptsy case, where Bitcoin and other alt coins were officially classified as "value commodities" and handled as such.  This was the moment that Florida, whose senator had loudly spoken before that case ever existed said that "Florida never has and never will recognize such a thing as a currency".  The courts could either go against the senator and declare the lost coins as currency, normally fine but that is the same judge that gave $1.3 million dollars in campaign funds so that he and the governor could finish the establishment of some other legal issues, or they courts would have to state that the coins had no value.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:01:45 AM

Nice future predictions. Make it to 2030.
Yes, the golden age of bitcoins in 2030, many countries, corporations support and adopt bitcoins
it will be strong for bitcoins even the public doesn't know bitcoins,
they will be published by advertising of products of corporations that adopt bitcoins on their business
 they will learn what's bitcoins actually.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:22:16 AM

2017: Cryptocurrencies boom full spectrum, Japan accepting Bitcoin as legal way of money, other important acceptance, (scaling compromise and solution, potential forking turbulence)
2018: Serious cryptocurrencies development and altcoins finding their purpose, large network scaling, big fresh investors, price boom v.2.0
2019: Serious push for mainstream adoption in some countries, mixture of cryptocurrencies and interoperability
2020: Some Bitcoin and banking (FIAT) systems cooperation (banking long-term survival plan), serious world wide regulation and legalization attempt, Bitcoin banks (for legally lending Bitcoins for interest)
Everything up to the present situation was almost accurate,i am not sure about a scaling compromise but plans are set into motion ,in the last couple of years we have seen more development and projects coming out and what is this serious crypto currency development you are talking about,now we have a large influx of coins and do you think we need more. Roll Eyes I am not sure how bitcoin lending system works,btc jam closed their doors and i think more companies will follow them that follow the same business model.
just a man

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:41:24 AM

Nice future predictions. Make it to 2030.
Yes, the golden age of bitcoins in 2030, many countries, corporations support and adopt bitcoins
it will be strong for bitcoins even the public doesn't know bitcoins,
they will be published by advertising of products of corporations that adopt bitcoins on their business
 they will learn what's bitcoins actually.
You might be right, if Bitcoin survives that long then there would be plenty guys using the coin to purchase digital items.

taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:38:57 PM

Do not forget the landmark Florida Cryptsy case, where Bitcoin and other alt coins were officially classified as "value commodities" and handled as such.  This was the moment that Florida, whose senator had loudly spoken before that case ever existed said that "Florida never has and never will recognize such a thing as a currency".  The courts could either go against the senator and declare the lost coins as currency, normally fine but that is the same judge that gave $1.3 million dollars in campaign funds so that he and the governor could finish the establishment of some other legal issues, or they courts would have to state that the coins had no value.

The middle of the road was to declare Bitcoin a recognized commodity, right there with pork bellies and such, with applied a high amount of criminal activity in the theft of them by a trusted tradesman.  The other coins were listed as derivatives.  That gives them the open door for future enlistment as their own commodity.
digez

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:52:08 PM

The first few years is OK and did categorize the major events that happened at the years, but the "predictive" portion is biased - not that I am against the bias, but to speak honestly -
2018 Should be a very big year for bitcoin regarding adoption IMO, Even more than 2013-2014 and probably more than even this year (2017).
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:07:24 PM

Nice timeline you have got there. I hope that it follow the same path as we will end up in the era where bitcoin will have legal status in physical form and it can be used as fiat currency at that time. However, Im also confused with bitcoin being fiat. The reasons is Fiat would result in loss of its decentralised nature as we will need to keep the money in free from and it won't be anonymous. Anyway thats just a specs Im thinking but its too deep to think on.

2018: It seems to be right observation that there might be big investors coming this year and bitcoin would take giant leap towards full development.

2019 : The inter polarity is already exists with bitcoin in the form of its decentralised nature. According to me this year will be the one where few of the major countries will make union and will take decision to implement bitcoin as International currency.

The rest seems to be in ambiguity as I started with the topic.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 03:00:54 PM

Trying to get a grasp of history and making some predictions. Improvements are welcome! I always thought that price might stabilize over time but I'm not so sure any more.. Though I don't see any reasons yet for Bitcoin to stagnate.

2008: Concept phase
2009: Launch
2010: Experimenting
2011: Started to grow
2012: Acknowledged by the world, promotion
2013: Acceptance by small companies, turbulence, politics, super hype, venture investment boom
2014: Crash, hacking of exchanges, acceptance by large companies, venture investment boom v.2.0
2015: Price recovery, merchant acceptance boom, acceptance by some governments
2016: World wide acceptance, network expanding and huge rise in mining power, ATM boom, scaling war & Bitcoin politics
2017: Cryptocurrencies boom full spectrum, Japan accepting Bitcoin as legal way of money, other important acceptance, (scaling compromise and solution, potential forking turbulence)
2018: Serious cryptocurrencies development and altcoins finding their purpose, large network scaling, big fresh investors, price boom v.2.0
2019: Serious push for mainstream adoption in some countries, mixture of cryptocurrencies and interoperability
2020: Some Bitcoin and banking (FIAT) systems cooperation (banking long-term survival plan), serious world wide regulation and legalization attempt, Bitcoin banks (for legally lending Bitcoins for interest)

Bitcoin will develop for the incoming more years. In 2020, Bitcoin will be regulated by banks and government worldwide. It will dismay for us in the year of 2020, we don't want it to happen because once they had implemented the bitcoin as regular currency in the world, it may possible they will take your bitcoin because you have to pay tax first before owning a bitcoin. It will place tax in every bitcoin. As always, The government will benefit with the tax payment. The government I had, the officials were an anomaly of holding tax! They are selfish!  

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
rafajunior99

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 05:21:30 PM

Haha, you can add 2025 as the year when BTC will hit $100,000 - yes I believe it is possible, and do not forget it's been mentioned here first Smiley

I think you are wrong to say something like this, by 2017 it is time for bitcoin to show a very good price different from 2011 and 2012, maybe this year until next year will be more valuable for the price per 1 Bitcoin. .
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:39:42 PM

2018 - First official BankCoin are launched
2019 - Governments start to regulate Open/Public Blockchains and favor PRIVATE centralized BankCoins.
2020 - Open/Public Blockchains are banned in most countries.
2021 - Open/Public Blockchains goes underground and flourish on black markets.
2022 - Ban on Open/Public Blockchains are lifted, because governments are losing tax income and votes.
2023 - Bitcoin becomes the global reserve currency.  

This is how I see it playing out in the near future, because governments think they can do what they want and will only realize what they have done, once they start losing votes.

I also predict a big shakeout of doubters of bitcoin being more than a stupid paypal 2.0. The big blockers will die, they will sell and we will shake them out. Those that believed in keeping bitcoin decentralized via a conservative block size will be compensated as bitcoin survives the big government ban and surges above unforeseen prices. It will become the way out for oppressive governments.

The ultimate fate of bitcoin is to be a censorship resistant tool to store wealth and not to buy starbucks with it. That could be solved with lightning network running on top of this small blocked decentralized robust network.
Hutalar

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:54:05 PM

As it happaned in florida.Why because people are going for bitcoins investing there.Where they are not investing that money in a country.It is because they all know that there is a bigger profit in this currency and a country will run according to the modern technology to get the success.
Joohansson (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:38:46 AM

Some Central Banks Are Exploring the Use of Cryptocurrencies:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-28/rise-of-digital-coins-has-central-banks-considering-e-versions
masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:56:46 AM

Trying to get a grasp of history and making some predictions. Improvements are welcome! I always thought that price might stabilize over time but I'm not so sure any more.. Though I don't see any reasons yet for Bitcoin to stagnate.

2013: Acceptance by small companies, turbulence, politics, super hype, venture investment boom
2014: Crash, hacking of exchanges, acceptance by large companies, venture investment boom v.2.0
2016: World wide acceptance, network expanding and huge rise in mining power, ATM boom, scaling war & Bitcoin politics

Your predictions are nice, it's like a praise for bitcoin, I enjoyed it. However, it is too early to talk about what will happen in the years to come. First of all, wait for the upcoming event, 1/8.
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:47:01 AM

I'm not sure whether the 2020 prediction is going to be accurate. Because honestly bitcoin does not go well with the fiat currencies at all. If anything, they are the complete opposite. Banks might like the idea of having immutable ledgers but they will create their own and not use bitcoin because they want to retain control.

Though mainstream adoption/legalization is happening right now and i can only see it expanding even more as a trend in the future. Honestly though this should have happened a long time ago. Governments are only realizing now that bitcoin is really a legitimate currency, and not just some magic ponzi scheme.

Also, another thing. I expect BTC to massively outperform altcoins in the coming years.

Joohansson (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:57:38 PM

I'm not sure whether the 2020 prediction is going to be accurate. Because honestly bitcoin does not go well with the fiat currencies at all. If anything, they are the complete opposite. Banks might like the idea of having immutable ledgers but they will create their own and not use bitcoin because they want to retain control.

Though mainstream adoption/legalization is happening right now and i can only see it expanding even more as a trend in the future. Honestly though this should have happened a long time ago. Governments are only realizing now that bitcoin is really a legitimate currency, and not just some magic ponzi scheme.

Also, another thing. I expect BTC to massively outperform altcoins in the coming years.

I were wrong, it's not happening in three years. It's happening now! This is exactly what I meant:
http://www.coindesk.com/swiss-bank-launches-bitcoin-asset-management-service/
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: