Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:47:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi I'm new here. Can I exchange like this?  (Read 570 times)
bitken (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:48:35 AM

I created an account at bitstamp.net

Can I do the exchange without going thru bitinstant

bitstamp send btc to btc-e thru btc address?

in btc-e i do conversion to usd, buy btc for trading, then again send the amount i wanted to btc address in my bitstamp account?
Aleksei Richards

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:00:37 AM

in btc-e i do conversion to usd, buy btc for trading, then again send the amount i wanted to btc address in my bitstamp account?

What currency are you dealing in EUR ?
bitken (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:03:59 AM

What currency are you dealing in EUR ?

USD mostly.

Bitinstant charge like 3.99% for transferring. Isn't it is must more better to send thru btc addresses provided by bitstamp and btc-e itself? Or it is not advised to do so?
Kindly enlighten me please. :-)
arkaideman

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:12:00 AM

i have done gox - btce directly thru their addresses and it worked fine, so you should be good
ZenTrader

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:20:55 AM

USD mostly.

Bitinstant charge like 3.99% for transferring. Isn't it is must more better to send thru btc addresses provided by bitstamp and btc-e itself? Or it is not advised to do so?

It's very hard to get USD into BTC-e. It's much easier to use another cryptocurrency and send that into BTC-e. So buy your BTC on Bitstamp, and then send the BTC to BTC-e directly using your BTC-e Bitcoin address.

Bitinstant is only useful for transferring USD around from one exchange to another, but it's not always reliable and it's not always available, and it's expensive. So basically once you get USD into the system on some exchange, just buy BTC, and then transfer the BTC (or other cryptocurrency like LTC) around between exchanges.

bitken (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:25:39 AM

USD mostly.

It's very hard to get USD into BTC-e. It's much easier to use another cryptocurrency and send that into BTC-e. So buy your BTC on Bitstamp, and then send the BTC to BTC-e directly using your BTC-e Bitcoin address.

Bitinstant is only useful for transferring USD around from one exchange to another, but it's not always reliable and it's not always available, and it's expensive. So basically once you get USD into the system on some exchange, just buy BTC, and then transfer the BTC (or other cryptocurrency like LTC) around between exchanges.

How about this too. Can we do USD > BTC and BTC > USD inside BTC-e or Bitstamp ?
That way we can skip Bitinstant and just use BTC address. Am I correct? Or there is a reason for Bitinstant to exist. I'm confused.
ZenTrader

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:16:49 AM

How about this too. Can we do USD > BTC and BTC > USD inside BTC-e or Bitstamp ?
That way we can skip Bitinstant and just use BTC address. Am I correct? Or there is a reason for Bitinstant to exist. I'm confused.

Yes. That's the whole idea with Bitstamp and BTC-e.

On both exchanges you can use USD to buy BTC, or you can use BTC to buy USD.
So yes, you can do USD -> BTC, or BTC -> USD on both Bitstamp and BTC-e.

The whole idea with Bitinstant was/is for people who want to transfer USD out from exchanges into their bank accounts, or to transfer USD from their bank accounts into an exchange. You don't need Bitinstant for transferring BTC between exchanges. You use your Bitcoin addresses for that.

I don't think almost anyone uses Bitinstant any more. Most exchanges today like Mt Gox and Bitstamp provide direct bank transfers. So you can transfer USD or EUR in and out of Mt Gox or Bitstamp using just normal bank transfers. Then you buy BTC for your USD or EUR.

Once you have BTC you can send it anywhere you like. Mt Gox, BTC-e, Bitstamp, Vircurex, your wallet, your friend, etc..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: