Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: List of abbreviation on forum for newbies  (Read 291 times)
HappyCaptain (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:25:34 AM

Nais ko po sanang humingi ng tulong sa mga matagal na dito sa forum kung meron kayong list or link for abbreviation na ginagamit dito sa forum. madami po kase akong nababasa pero dahil sa abbreviation hindi ko na maintindihan yung iba. nag try po ako mag search about this pero walang ako nakitang list ng mga abbreviation
Cloud27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:27:50 AM

try mo to
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=126798.0
RareFortune

Activity: 602
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:01:32 AM

Ayos itong thread na ito para sa mga newbie. malaking tulong ito para mas maintindihan ng mga baguhan ang mga usapang nagaganap dito sa forum. madami na din akong nabasa dito at yung iba talaga hindi ko na maintindihan dahil sa mga terminology na ginagamit nila buti nalang may ganitong thread
zedsacs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:34:16 PM

So basically eto pa lang ang alam ko
Bitcointalk

'Alt'
Alternative, for example, an altcoin is an alternative to bitcoin.

'ANN'
Announcement.

'Bounty'
A sum of money offered as a reward. The reward is given to the first person to satisfactorily complete the relevant task.

'BT'
BitcoinTalk, this forum.

'Cosbycoin'
Someone hacked into this forum and injected some code that, among other things, causes a bunch of Bill Cosby popups, simulates uploading of a wallet.dat file, changes all avatars to images of Bill Cosby, and even changes the word bitcoin to Cosbycoin.

'Bump' & 'Bumping'
Bumping is posting in a thread with the sole purpose of moving the thread to the top of the recent posts list. Often posts of this nature include the word 'Bump'.

'Early Adopter Envy'
A sense of jealousy for those who were able to buy a significant amount of bitcoins at a fraction of the price they are today.

'Edit', '/edit:' & '[Edit]'
A note to inform the reader that this part of the post has been edited.

'GLBSE'
GLobal Bitcoin Stock Exchange. An exchange that provided services to users to buy/sell assets, stocks & bonds. This exchange has now closed.

'Goxxed'
MtGox is a bitcoin exchange that many claim is plagued with technical problems. The term 'goxxed' refers to being impeded by technical issues.

'Group Buy'
Also known as collective buying, offers products and services at significantly reduced prices on the condition that a minimum number of buyers would make the purchase.

'M', 'Mr M' & 'The Manipulator'
A real or imagined agent who controls the market value with his vast reserves of fiat and bitcoins.

'OBO'
Or Best Offer.

'OP'
Original Post / Original Poster. This could refer to either the user that started the thread or the first post in the thread. If you are in the hardware section then it could also mean 'Over Power'.

'Pizza'
An often referenced event. The most bitcoins paid for a pizza is 5,000 BTC. In fact, it was two pizzas for 10,000 BTC.
(See - The pizza thread)

'PPT'
Pirate Pass Through. An investment operation run by Pirateat40 which many claimed was a ponzi scheme, which in fact it was.

'Scamcoin'
An altcoin which is designed just to con people out of money.

'Scammer Tag'
A scammer is someone who has stolen other people property using manipulation. Anyone found guilty of scamming gets a scammer tag which is publicly visible on all their posts.

'Shitlist'
A list of bitcoin scammers.
(See - bitcoin-shitlist.com)

'Shut Up And Take My Money!'
Used to imply that a financial offer is at least poorly thought out or at worst a con.

'Sockpuppet'
A sockpuppet is an online identity used for the purposes of deception.

'Sounds Legit' & 'Seems Legit'
Its a safe assumption that when you read this phrase it is actually sarcasm. You should read it as 'I don't trust you and I think your trying to con me'.

'Sticky'
A sticky thread is a thread that will stay pinned to the top of the recent posts list and will not move even if a new post is posted.

'Three-pronged Attack'
Named after a method made famous by Bruce Wagner. A multi-vector attack which includes indirect techniques combined with more direct ones.

'We're Going To Pattaya!'
Originally coined by Bruce Wagner. It's now the de facto response when a major announcement is forthcoming.

'WTB', 'WTS' & 'WTT'
Want To Buy / Want To Sell / Willing To Trade.

'YABC'
Yet Another Bitcoin Company.

'Zhoutonged'
Zhou Tong is the creator of Bitcoinica, a margin trading platform that no-longer exists. Being 'Zhoutonged' means loosing all your money.

'1) Start bitcoin business.  2)  Huh  3) Profit!'
A humorous way of suggesting there may be a flaw in someone's plan or logic.

'+1' & '-1'
I agree with you / I disagree with you

'<*>tags</*>'
In order to convey subtle meanings in a statement, tags are often used. For example, you can convey sarcasm as follows - "<sarcasm>Good idea!</sarcasm>".

'@'
Used to direct a question or statement at someone. For example '@OP' would mean the following is directed at the original poster.

ctto
Heartilly

Activity: 697
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:01:50 PM

@zedsacs
Kinopya mo lang naman iyong nasa link. Oo ang sabi mo mga alam mo pero di naman tinatanong ni OP kung ano iyong mga alam mo doon sa thread na nakalink sa itaas. As if naman iyong Cosbycoin or GLBSE eh mandatory pang malaman.

Doon tayo sa mga madadalas gamitin;

IIRC = If I Recalled Correctly
AFAIK =As Far As I Know
YOLO - You Only Live Onced
HODL = HOLD
FUD = fear, panic, kadalasan pangtrigger ng mga magdudump ng coins with weak hands
WEAK HANDS = mga nagpapanic once na may kaunting baba sa price benta agad
ALTS = altcoin

Iedit ko itong mga to once may nakita pa ako na madalas gamitin sa mga posting.
zedsacs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:15:09 PM

@zedsacs
Kinopya mo lang naman iyong nasa link. Oo ang sabi mo mga alam mo pero di naman tinatanong ni OP kung ano iyong mga alam mo doon sa thread na nakalink sa itaas. As if naman iyong Cosbycoin or GLBSE eh mandatory pang malaman.

Doon tayo sa mga madadalas gamitin;

IIRC = If I Recalled Correctly
AFAIK =As Far As I Know
YOLO - You Only Live Onced
HODL = HOLD
FUD = fear, panic, kadalasan pangtrigger ng mga magdudump ng coins with weak hands
WEAK HANDS = mga nagpapanic once na may kaunting baba sa price benta agad
ALTS = altcoin

Iedit ko itong mga to once may nakita pa ako na madalas gamitin sa mga posting.

Alam mo kasi, wala naman kasi sa dalas na gamitin yan eh. Oo alam ko kinopya ko lang yun kasi nga nahihirapan ako itype lahat ng nalalaman ko e kubg kay thread.na pala about dun diba so di na ko nagpakahirap. Tsaka nag ctto naman ako. And diba yung ganyang rank dapat niya malaman ang mga yan kasi nga essential yan sa pagbbtc at lalo na dito sa forum. Hope you understand. Peace
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: