Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:27:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am newbie99: I need to know about .bat files for cgminer  (Read 418 times)
newbie99 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:29:20 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2017, 05:42:00 AM by newbie99

Here is what I found:

https://www.lifewire.com/sample-cgminer-conf-and-bat-files-2483067:

I can barely grasp what this stuff is - it looks like programming and hardware jargon which I have little understanding of.

I am a bit inquisitive. On the other hand, my learning style is interactional (meaning: as in with someone). I don't like to view this stuff and ask questions without interaction.

Is there something more simple then this? Don't I just need a few command lines on a created .bat (using notepad) for my port hardware and pool web address etc?

-- --

I liked those low powered USB gekko miners. Even though they provide little help to mine for bitcoin, sometimes I auction off my rare art projects and then get paid money to do anything with so I'd end up using it to buy a USB miner etc.

I didn't think things would seem so complicated like this, though.

- So the question here is "what does the .bat file look like? Where are the variables and command lines? What is mandatory just to set up an antminer-like USB stick which is already recognized on my computer because I downloaded zadig? Is the port address (I think that its port:3333?)  a special command-line since I am not GPU mining (on the .bat file)?

- I want to view the MHZ on the device and also the temp (I know where to voltage screw is) . I hope that cgminer shows it on the screen.

-- --

Update: I just found out that mining pools will not allow me to use a USB miner. I thought that I could mine .10$ USD a week with one of them running (more would make more than a quarter in USD) . I thought they were interesting because they were low powered and also that the voltage and MHz can be adjusted.
+
I might actually sell my 16 ghs+ USB miner to someone with ethereum unless, perhaps its good to actually mine it. I might like it. I usually buy gift cards. But with ethereum? I'm not sure if its something that I could use or save it up until its more popular. (The cost for these little devices is perhaps more than 2x $ per hashrate then the more efficient miners which use like +1200 watts.)

Update: I also have electricity figured out. Many things in my house are solar powered. However, I have not made the necessary updates to run over 20 watts of energy.

- So in regard to ethereum mining or bitcoin mining: help with it needed here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: