Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:38:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats a good anonymous email service? (free)?  (Read 425 times)
Mikcik (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:38:11 AM

(I dont know where to post it sorry :-( )

Hello, what online (free) service for annonymous email adress (receiver of my emails dont see my ip) would you suggest?
And no, i dont want to harass anyone or im not a scammer etc.

I just have some "information" regarding a little bit "touchy" subject that i would like to share annonymously with a "newspaper" (more like a blog :-P ) about local issues where i live.
Its really not that "touchy" and i could use even my full name and with a 99,9% probability nothing would happen to me. But im paranoid anyways :-). Never hurts to be paranoid.

What anonym. email service would you recommend? Not just "one time sender" but i should be able to communicate with that "reporter/blogger" back and forth. And i dont want him to see or log my IP adress...

There has to be such service, more or less reliable...?
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:00:09 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 12:10:43 PM by Red-Apple

possibly offtopic is best or services discussion, or even possibly this board is perfect to post it.

here are what comes to mind:
1. protonmail.com
open source, based on switzerland and encrypted. visit the site for more information
this is the easy option because it is the regular email with privacy.

2. bitmessage.org
i am not familiar with this myself. i just know it exists. it is decentalized, encrypted and peer-to-peer. it seems secure and anonymous. but check it yourself
this is the hard option because the other person has to know how to use it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitmessage

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
RubyM

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:01:21 PM

As for email providers I can recommend to you Tutanota or Protonmail...But if you don't want people seeing your IP why don't you try using the VPN

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets - https://bex.global/login
JGoRed

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:32:42 PM

Any email service is anonymous if you use a VPN or Tor (assuming you don't have to give them your name and number). However, there are a few that boast extra anonymity like: Proton Mail, Scrypt Mail, and Tutanota. There are also some anonymous dark web email providers, but of course they're a bit more risky.
lipcoins

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:50:53 PM

possibly offtopic is best or services discussion, or even possibly this board is perfect to post it.

1. protonmail.com
open source, based on switzerland and encrypted. visit the site for more information

2. bitmessage.org
i am not familiar with this myself. i just know it exists. it is decentalized, encrypted and peer-to-peer. it seems secure and anonymous. but check it yourself

I second protonmail.com but I would also suggest      Hushmail.com
They have a free version and it is EFF-recommended
Mikcik (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:53:27 PM

thank you will try...

Well i thought then when you use VPN that you cannot acces your normal email (e.g. gmail etc.) because the mail "senses" there is something wrong with your IP and doesnt able you to login or to sent emails at least...

lipcoins

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:00:07 PM

thank you will try...

Well i thought then when you use VPN that you cannot acces your normal email (e.g. gmail etc.) because the mail "senses" there is something wrong with your IP and doesnt able you to login or to sent emails at least...

that's good enough a reason in itself to do away with your gmail account and switch to Protonmail instead. Welcome to the future!   Wink
ghostunicorn

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:42:33 PM

Proton mail is very nice for that. It uses encryption technique to save you.
Al Pacino Jr

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:19:07 PM

i like hidemyass securemail.
is the best and free
cryptoico

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 11:10:16 PM

1. protonmail.com

2. bitmessage.org

Thanks for the tip, I will try protonmail.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: