Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:13:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: High school dropout who invested in bitcoin is now a millionaire at 18  (Read 6523 times)
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:16:44 PM

Damn that could have been me. I had 50BTC in 2012 but sold when my investment doubled, only to later see it moon Cry

However he played it, he's a baller now.
If everyone knows the future of bitcoin will be as good as this, I'm sure no one will sell it. Well, it is very difficult to predict. So the key is to be grateful. Thankful for any profit gained. As soon as you can, take advantage of this opportunity well, ignore people who think bitcoin scam, they will regret it.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
justicesquadron

Activity: 215
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:22:34 PM

He is just of lucky because education is very useful for the future so he get a great opportunity for his future.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:27:33 PM

nd in general, of course, he was very lucky. he had the opportunity and took the shot so it is a nice decision
He was indeed very lucky but i really can't say the same for the guy who decided to use Bitcoin to make that purchase, I am very sure that he is indeed ruing why he didn't give cash which am sure the guy wouldn't have used to buy bitcoins.
Victorias

Activity: 253

Gamblica Token Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 11:24:32 PM

Bitkoin opens up new opportunities for everyone. He can make you a rich man no matter what you are age. It's wonderful.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 11:28:45 PM

http://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/06/20/bitcoin-millionaire-erik-finman-says-going-to-college-isnt-worth-it.html

Erik invested in bitcoin when he was 12 and not is a millionaire at age of 18.  This is a good story for Bitcoin.

But here is something that I do not understand:

An excerpt from the article:
"Eventually he found a buyer for Botangle's technology in January 2015. The investor offered either $100,000 or 300 bitcoin, which had dropped in value at that time to a little more than $200 a coin. He took the lower cash value bitcoin deal because he believed it was "the next big thing."

"My parents asked 'Why don't you take the more cash?"' Finman explained. "But I thought of it more of an investment.""

Why didn't he take the $100K and bought more bitcoins instead?  Granted that there has to be some tax consideration, but tax rate has to be as high as 40% in order for both of the cash option and the bitcoins option to breakeven.  If the tax rate was at 40%, then he could get $60K after tax and would be able to buy 300 bitcoins at the market price ($200 at the time).  Moreover, one day when he sells the bitcoins, he can dedect $200 on each of the bitcoins from the capital gain as cost.

Am I missing something in here?  Don't drop out from high school?   Cheesy

there will be countless other people that will lose everything including their high school education when bitcoin and cryptocurrencies wil cause the us dollar to collapse

maariyaam

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:33:23 PM

At a very young age, he's thinking is already in advance. Not all 12 years old can think that way. Some people will choose the money instead of Bitcoin because they see it as no value. But the student thinks of it as an investment and I am amazed.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 11:38:45 PM

At a very young age, he's thinking is already in advance. Not all 12 years old can think that way. Some people will choose the money instead of Bitcoin because they see it as no value. But the student thinks of it as an investment and I am amazed.

he didnt thought in advance he just got lucky, others the ponzi scheme bitcoin will take winners and losers, as many of both of those at the same time.

samycoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:49:30 PM

http://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/06/20/bitcoin-millionaire-erik-finman-says-going-to-college-isnt-worth-it.html

Erik invested in bitcoin when he was 12 and not is a millionaire at age of 18.  This is a good story for Bitcoin.

"Eventually he found a buyer for Botangle's technology in January 2015. The investor offered either $100,000 or 300 bitcoin, which had dropped in value at that time to a little more than $200 a coin. He took the lower cash value bitcoin deal because he believed it was "the next big thing."

"My parents asked 'Why don't you take the more cash?"' Finman explained. "But I thought of it more of an investment.""

Why didn't he take the $100K and bought more bitcoins instead?  Granted that there has to be some tax consideration, but tax rate has to be as high as 40% in order for both of the cash option and the bitcoins option to breakeven.  If the tax rate was at 40%, then he could get $60K after tax and would be able to buy 300 bitcoins at the market price ($200 at the time).  Moreover, one day when he sells the bitcoins, he can dedect $200 on each of the bitcoins from the capital gain as cost.

Yeah it's inspired story for all in cryptocurrecy users but dropping in school is not right because it's important to everyone that have education for there future. I think this person is got lucky because he hold it that's why he have a million now.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:24:18 AM

When most of us are studying and then work hard to earn money, this kid just became a millionaire in an instant and in a very young age.  I'm getting a bit old now so I hope that I reached this success as soon as possible so can start living my dreams.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:39:41 AM

When most of us are studying and then work hard to earn money, this kid just became a millionaire in an instant and in a very young age.  I'm getting a bit old now so I hope that I reached this success as soon as possible so can start living my dreams.

this kid is really luck can be a millionaire in the short time but you can become a millionaire too like that kid as long as you are not stopped from what you do right now and you have time to reach your goals. don't be worry because your time will come and you will reach your success like that kid or other people, all you have to do is keep continue what you are doing, be patient, keep pray, and stay focus and soon the success will come to you.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
niz3r_nade

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:30:35 PM

Yes, I think too, quitting school is not a good thing. we can invest in bitcoin anytime and anywhere provided there is an internet network. if you can choose, the school is better and can while investing. and it can be done.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:43:23 AM

Yeah he should buy back more bitcoin after receiving $100k. but maybe he didn't know that bitcoin value will increased much more next years.
if everyone knew about it, we would buy a big amount of bitcoins too back then. but Erik himself was already gain profit from his investment.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
sorokinan

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:45:46 AM

I saw his story and it is very inspiring. If you see his video on YouTube, you can see he still lives a simple life and money is not on his head.
veejay2716

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:50:15 AM

Well, at an early age and you know how to works on bitcoin and you have enough money to invest and keep it for a long term then I do believe after schooling in college and you are ready to get your investment then it will be sure of a big money to earned from that investment.
hujanderas

Activity: 132

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:55:52 AM

But I agree that most education is either nonsense designed to milk from your money or turn you into a robot, and usually both. The problem is that the job market is framed by whether you feel like it or not, If you can hire yourself then it's good. If you can not then you have to follow the line.
Ambrosius

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:02:03 AM

Hopefully this news then does not make the children decide to drop out of school. We recommend responding to news from different points of view. Actually investing in bitcoin or other coins coins is not that easy. Not necessarily also we will always profit,  the loss is also in sight.

MobileBridge Momentum Token Sale
▬  https://momentumtoken.io/  ▬
Revolutionising Marketing & Loyalty
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:29:00 AM

This was sheer luck for him is what I think..

What if.. Bitcoins went tulips ? Then ?

Would the media cover that too and inspire others ?

I don't think that we should learn something from this 😂 (well we better not ) that time was different right now the time is different too u think we have passed that phase when we could have been a millionaire.

(Well though I have hopes with etherum )

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
mutrang23

Activity: 484

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:31:10 AM

This is good news, and it motivates others to believe in Bitcoin, and many will choose bitcoin as a choice of wealth. Bitcoin is growing, and it is speculating that it could bring wealth to the investors who hold it.
bigjake89

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:17:34 AM

I don't have my own pc back then. I became interested yet again after reading a meme about it having a thousand dollar tag. That was early 2014 and since then I dedicated my time and some of my money to bitcoin by investing a portion of it
lisajung0990

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:19:50 AM

Dropping out of highs school is never a good idea.his parents are PHDs and he was probably getting home education.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: