Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:11:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: High school dropout who invested in bitcoin is now a millionaire at 18  (Read 6523 times)
Ghosty100201

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:10:45 PM

Seriously I know people who did not even knew how to tie their shoelaces and the 12 years of age and here this guy at the age of 12 earned a million dollars by doing investing in bitcoin at age 12 and I'm quite sure that at that time very fewer people believed in bitcoin and did invest in it and whoever did and HODL their bitcoins, today are rich. I have heard many other similar cases like this one.
Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:13:19 PM

I know a lot of people under the age of 18. But they know to invest in bitcoin. Maybe young people always know the opportunity. Many people become wealthy at the age of 18
Piranha1

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:18:37 PM

If this is a real story, I really admire that guy for having a self confidence. Imagine at the age 12 he manage the risk to invest in crypto and now a millionaire at the age of 18. He really is worth more than a treasure to his parents. He is so lucky, despite being a high school dropout he still manage to reach his dreams. I really admire his confidence.

Wow this is a great story and a good motivation to every users. Sometimes we are disappointed because some of the hard work are not paid off and some of the bounty campaigns are scammed. But with a story like this it can create a good vibes to users who's goal is to become at least financially stable and secure the future of there family.
DgurJIupyf

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

http://o-tu.ru/

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:20:42 PM

http://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/06/20/bitcoin-millionaire-erik-finman-says-going-to-college-isnt-worth-it.html

Erik invested in bitcoin when he was 12 and not is a millionaire at age of 18.  This is a good story for Bitcoin.

But here is something that I do not understand:

An excerpt from the article:
"Eventually he found a buyer for Botangle's technology in January 2015. The investor offered either $100,000 or 300 bitcoin, which had dropped in value at that time to a little more than $200 a coin. He took the lower cash value bitcoin deal because he believed it was "the next big thing."

"My parents asked 'Why don't you take the more cash?"' Finman explained. "But I thought of it more of an investment.""

Why didn't he take the $100K and bought more bitcoins instead?  Granted that there has to be some tax consideration, but tax rate has to be as high as 40% in order for both of the cash option and the bitcoins option to breakeven.  If the tax rate was at 40%, then he could get $60K after tax and would be able to buy 300 bitcoins at the market price ($200 at the time).  Moreover, one day when he sells the bitcoins, he can dedect $200 on each of the bitcoins from the capital gain as cost.

Am I missing something in here?  Don't drop out from high school?   Cheesy

This story confirms that not all people think narrowly. This Guy at his young age already clearly understands what an investment is. I can say that he has good parents who clearly explained to him the important concepts in life. Perhaps just advised smart books on this topic and the child woke up this thin and necessary vein of the investor since childhood, thanks to the teachings in the books.

sp01_cardo

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Personal Text: Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:38:09 PM

Good decision made by a 12year old, investing bitcoin in that early age. But i think he cant do that all by himself, maybe he is supported by his parents. That guy has a big big luck and maybe he was destined to be a millionaire.

▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram    Twitter    Medium    Reddit    Youtube
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
leoasdnedc

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:38:00 AM

i think we don't have dropout from our school for just make investing in bitcoin,Here I do not care about age, it is necessary to know about btc and choose the right time.
NPKSing

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:01:44 AM

I applaud anyone who doesn't follow the usual boring path of getting a degree and working. It takes guts and dedication to work on your own projects and make it into a profitable business.
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:11:37 AM

Well he dropped out of school but he was perhaps smarter the reason why he anticipated bitcoin to be an investment rather than some internet cash for fun. Anyone would have gone for the $100k over the 300btc given that the fellow didn’t know and believe the concept of bitcoin.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:55:46 AM

A high school drop out may not be brilliant but intelligent.
One may not need much of brilliance to work bitcoin while intelligence will help out. After all there are many rich people who are executive business tycoons.
Who are not well
 Educated.
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:43:50 PM

HE IS A VERY LUCKY GUY or should I say HE IS A BRILLIANT KID!

It just shows that young generation are now getting aware of the financial wisdom. This is the effect bitcoin to the younger generation, bitcoin taught young people to manage and understand what investment really is. Grin
KID_28

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:14:03 PM

Lucky kid! He invested on the right time, for now i hope he spends the money he got on useful things or maybe he should enroll on a finance course to enhance his knowledge on how he cound manage the money he has now. Bitcoin can really change lives and it still can. So for bitcoin investors and traders, let's hold and become the next generation billionaires.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:39:13 PM

I think young people are open-minded about new technology and they can accept the concept and finally they join with that. and it's happening with that kid and I think he is a lucky kid that could make a lot of money from bitcoin. at his age, I am sure that he doesn't have any problem with finances and he can buy anything he wants. maybe there are any other kids that could be like him and he can follow to make a big money too. cryptocurrency can give much money if we believe and do something.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
cryptoplanet

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:42:56 PM

Good story full of lessons. He was just lucky as his guess work really worked out for him. Great success)
popelene1

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:29:47 AM

God should answer my own prayer too... lol... I also want to become a Bitcoin billionaire soon....
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:22:41 PM

I salute to this young man who became millionaire at a young age, though a dropped out in high school but was able to excel in other way. That's the good thing in btc, no educational attainment required but you can earned more compare to those who are working in industry.
Well, the only thing I could say about this kid is that, he take the risk as it will depends either it will loss all he invest or not. Some point, we try to take a risk but most risk situation that we encounter in life couldn't be lucky enough unlike that kid who could easily become a millionaire unlike those people have already old here in bitcoin community. Thus, only time can tell for each and everyone of us here in bitcoin community but in some point only our fortune if we could lucky enough or not.
Yoyo chan

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:49:37 AM

Interesting story, but not a motivating story. If it's because of financial problems I think I should be giving a thumbs up because of his passion to make money even if he dropped out of school. It would be better if he went to school.
Cryptpopo

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 09:54:00 AM

it is very possible that a dropout from high school that invest in bitcoin is now a millionaire because bitcoin doesnt required being a graduate,it is all about the investment
jpnl0005

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:22:59 AM

That guy deserves an award this is a clear case that age is just a number he pulled through because he had the  passion to be a successful person and also made good  use of  his brains  thinking on how to improve his life and make it better despite being a high school  dropout.Its not  just investing but investing right.
CoinstarF

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:32:30 AM

Stroke of luck. We have lots of millionaires now but look in hindsight it could have easily been anyone on this forum.

Today's generation no need to have a degree of doctorate  to become a millionaire,  we need to act  precisely on business industry and this teens  assigned to be wealthy he or she focus  on bitcoin  a wise decision making of thier life.
yvuj101

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:46:20 AM

Stroke of luck. We have lots of millionaires now but look in hindsight it could have easily been anyone on this forum.

It's not necessary to finish a courses to be a successful investors, here in bitcoin we can learned much better knowledge in terms of financing stabilities we trained how to trade and advertisement we already explore nationwide push thru bitcoin management.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: