Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:13:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ETHERS Price kept dropping?!  (Read 3458 times)
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:44:05 PM

Prices can only rise, when fresh money is coming in.

But this aggressive constant talk here about SCAM, CRASH, BUBBLE and a look at the instant charts keeps this fresh money away.

And if there is no use for ETH, where is a use for BTC? You can't use both of them.
Get your salary in BTC?
Funny, when BTC drops before you've entered the bakery to buy some bread...

The price of ETH is speculation, like the price of every coin - included BTC.
And speculation is an expression of hope and feeling. Less knowledge.
Look at all the talk here.
What are your feelings, what are your hopes after that... ?
Wink

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:46:53 PM

Markets move up and down all the time. It's definitely a gud time to buy some cheap ETH.
Thats exactly the point. Bitcoin fell from $2900 to $2300 and now the price was is going up again. So this isn't smth new if ethers are falling
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 06:52:10 PM

This pyramid scam eth is done. People now realized it network is just crap.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:55:49 PM

Isn't Ethereum implemented the "Lighting Network" technology that can process a lot of transactions in second?

No they are not implementing the Lightning Network. Some folks have kinda "borrowed" that term from Bitcoin because there are examples of the Lightning Network being successful so they want to associate with that.

If you want to read about what Ethereum is attempting go here:

https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Sharding-FAQ

After reading you might want to ask yourself if successful will the "world super computer" that runs thousands of time slower than the processor on my cell phone is capable of simultaneously operating for 1000s of DAPPs, being a currency actually work (nope it still will be to slow). Remember likely when you bought into ETH you were already mislead into thinking it worked now. I repeated a statement from point three; but, for a reason. Basically, they want to divide the network into smaller and smaller subgroups to deal with those 1000s of DAPPs, currency transactions and smart contracts. This is a security nightmare. Not to mention when they go to POS a substantial drop in nodes will occur decreasing capacity. The level of complexity would be hard to pull off on a localized network, much more so on a global network.

I understand you're invested and want to see ETH succeed. It just seems that promises get made, the promises are getting bigger, more complicated and as they do so success seems less likely. That said I hope you do well in your investments.

thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:45:10 PM

https://ethereumprice.org/ shows todays low at $140
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:48:28 PM

Ethereum price have been highly driven by all the high volume ICOs over the last months. Today most ICOs create tokens on the Ethereum blockchain which drives the demand for Ether and increases the price. There are exaggerations. You can see it on the Bancor ICO at best. $150 million seeding capital in only a few hours for an idea and tech which is not mature.
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:41:57 PM

Isn't Ethereum implemented the "Lighting Network" technology that can process a lot of transactions in second?

No they are not implementing the Lightning Network. Some folks have kinda "borrowed" that term from Bitcoin because there are examples of the Lightning Network being successful so they want to associate with that.

If you want to read about what Ethereum is attempting go here:

https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Sharding-FAQ

After reading you might want to ask yourself if successful will the "world super computer" that runs thousands of time slower than the processor on my cell phone is capable of simultaneously operating for 1000s of DAPPs, being a currency actually work (nope it still will be to slow). Remember likely when you bought into ETH you were already mislead into thinking it worked now. I repeated a statement from point three; but, for a reason. Basically, they want to divide the network into smaller and smaller subgroups to deal with those 1000s of DAPPs, currency transactions and smart contracts. This is a security nightmare. Not to mention when they go to POS a substantial drop in nodes will occur decreasing capacity. The level of complexity would be hard to pull off on a localized network, much more so on a global network.

I understand you're invested and want to see ETH succeed. It just seems that promises get made, the promises are getting bigger, more complicated and as they do so success seems less likely. That said I hope you do well in your investments.

Thank you for your info and the link.  I am going to read it. 
check that spike...LOL

https://cryptowat.ch/coinbase/ethusd/1h

it was 13 buks the lowest todaz at coinbase, is this real_
I thought Lightning Network would solve the scaling and the congestion issue?

I, too, saw that drop to $13, and I took the opportunity and bought them at $13 with all my life saving.  LOL!
Prices can only rise, when fresh money is coming in.

But this aggressive constant talk here about SCAM, CRASH, BUBBLE and a look at the instant charts keeps this fresh money away.

And if there is no use for ETH, where is a use for BTC? You can't use both of them.
Get your salary in BTC?
Funny, when BTC drops before you've entered the bakery to buy some bread...

The price of ETH is speculation, like the price of every coin - included BTC.
And speculation is an expression of hope and feeling. Less knowledge.
Look at all the talk here.
What are your feelings, what are your hopes after that... ?
Wink

Just found out from the news that, the reason for the price drop was because the Ethereum blockchain got overbearing and many of the transactions cannot be processed.  Obviously, the demand is there.  I am hoping that they can fix their scaling issue really soon!

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
fatlever

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:48:16 PM

check that spike...LOL

https://cryptowat.ch/coinbase/ethusd/1h

it was 13 buks the lowest todaz at coinbase, is this real_

I was refreshing Blockfolio and Ether was showing in Coinbase @ $1 for a few seconds  Grin

I had actually dumped almost all of mine about a week ago except the ones I have stuck at Coinbase and tried to go buy and by the time I got through it had jumped to $270.  I decided to wait to see how this plays out and in an hour buying and selling was non-functional.  It looks like this helped the prices at the other exchanges though since people in Coinbase haven't been able to sell.  Now looks like people are pulling out of Bitcoin to buy what they think is cheap Ether.  This crypto world is bizarre
pizamoi

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:54:40 PM

People are panicking after the initial coin offerings slowed down the network to a snails pace. I think its only temporary because ethereum has shown itself to be resilient like bitcoin.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:26:25 PM

$35 target

This table comes up so much, where is all the data sourced from?
With links:

NOW EXIST 92,000,000 COINS:
https://etherscan.io/chart/ethersupplygrowth
MINING WAS OPEN IN 2015:
https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate
BUT IN THIS MOMENT WAS ALREADY EXIST 70,000,000 COINS = 14,000,000,000 $
SO FOUNDER HAVE 77% COINS
BITCOIN FOUNDER HAVE NOT MORE THAN 11% COINS
FOR Ethereum FOUNDER % BECOME 11% NEED 50 YEARS MORE
poloniex FULL STACK OF ETH/BTC AND ETH/USD - 32,400,000$
https://etherscan.io/chart/ethersupply
DAILY NEW COUNS - 30,000 ETH * 330$ = 9,900,000$ - IT WILL GROWUP WITH PRICE
https://blockchain.info/stats
1,650 BTC PER DAY - 5,840,127$

95% OF EARTH'S POPULATION CANNOT THINK BY YOURSELF AND DO SAME LIKE NEARHOODS

"SO FOUNDER HAVE 77% COINS"

Except they don't it was ICO and people exchanged btc for eth.

Do people think they just donated their money for nothing in return?
kalodu

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:27:57 PM

$35 target

This table comes up so much, where is all the data sourced from?
With links:

NOW EXIST 92,000,000 COINS:
https://etherscan.io/chart/ethersupplygrowth
MINING WAS OPEN IN 2015:
https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate
BUT IN THIS MOMENT WAS ALREADY EXIST 70,000,000 COINS = 14,000,000,000 $
SO FOUNDER HAVE 77% COINS
BITCOIN FOUNDER HAVE NOT MORE THAN 11% COINS
FOR Ethereum FOUNDER % BECOME 11% NEED 50 YEARS MORE
poloniex FULL STACK OF ETH/BTC AND ETH/USD - 32,400,000$
https://etherscan.io/chart/ethersupply
DAILY NEW COUNS - 30,000 ETH * 330$ = 9,900,000$ - IT WILL GROWUP WITH PRICE
https://blockchain.info/stats
1,650 BTC PER DAY - 5,840,127$

95% OF EARTH'S POPULATION CANNOT THINK BY YOURSELF AND DO SAME LIKE NEARHOODS

"SO FOUNDER HAVE 77% COINS"

Except they don't it was ICO and people exchanged btc for eth.

Do people think they just donated their money for nothing in return?

Yeah that was a long time ago, you can even check the richest wallets now and it has a similar distribution as bitcoin already.

xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:30:39 PM

Yeah that was a long time ago, you can even check the richest wallets now and it has a similar distribution as bitcoin already.
It mean nothing.
Split big wallet easy and free.

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:34:27 PM

Why ETHERS Price kept dropping?!
Shortcuts on quality control takes its toll

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:03:44 PM

Is it a correction?   Huh

Where is the bottom?
Dropping price is just a normal things to any coins in this industry, whether eth, xem, or other altcoins.
It maybe one of there systematic way to get more attention for the investors.
kayeme

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:05:00 PM

Where is the bottom?
Dropping price is just a normal things to any coins in this industry, whether eth, xem, or other altcoins.
It maybe one of there systematic way to get more attention for the investors.

Volatility is the unfortunate reality of crypto and no coin is free from it. There are legitimate concerns though about ethereum's ability to handle a large number of transactions.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:24:11 AM

Where is the bottom?
Congestion on eth network. But now I think it is normal. That's the time you buy eth. The price is 0.12 now, the last top price 0.139-0.143. When you buy now at 0.12 you will make profit few days later. If eth fall, I think most tokens will fall to. The developer of eth will not keep silent facing the congestion.
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:48:18 AM

Where is the bottom?
Congestion on eth network. But now I think it is normal. That's the time you buy eth. The price is 0.12 now, the last top price 0.139-0.143. When you buy now at 0.12 you will make profit few days later. If eth fall, I think most tokens will fall to. The developer of eth will not keep silent facing the congestion.

I think people got panic for not being able to execute their transactions before knowing that it was due to over demand. 

I got what you are saying about 0.1xx, but could you please convert your numbers to USD next time?  I think most people in here are using the BTC/USD conversion.

I have been buying them at a price range of $175 to $395 but probably still little on the positive side based on the price at this moment.  How about you?

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
Almeida

Activity: 196
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:49:14 AM

Why ETHERS Price kept dropping?!

... bcz smart contraptions are jammed.
LarryL

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:55:30 AM

i think the price will rise soon cause of the release of metropolis in july.
Fantum

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:35:38 AM

The begging of this video has a very interesting analysis of the ethereum chart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVkmeD3kvbo

As I write this it is live so wait till it's done. If you're not watching coinygy videos you're missing out.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: