Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:40:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ETHERS Price kept dropping?!  (Read 3458 times)
AmarO

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:53:59 AM

Metropolis right around the corner  Grin
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:55:02 PM

Just want to update this even though the news is a little behind.

https://blog.gdax.com/eth-usd-trading-update-5d8142b5bdc1

The flash crash only happened in GDAX (owned by Coinbase).  The price dropped to as low as 10 cents and then came back up.  The drop was mainly caused by a $30 millions sell order.  There were not enough buy orders to accommodate that huge order so the price went down to an unreasonable level.

Many people lost money, but some who had purchased ETH at low price were making handsome profits.

Two lessons for us: 
1. Do not use Stop Loss order.  Because of the quick price drop, many stop orders were executed at very low price (like US$0.10).
2. Do not sell huge amount of coins all at once.

Less to coins exchanges:
1. Need to implement circuit breakers to avoid such crash to happen in the future. 

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
taner32

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:36:57 PM

people sold ETH when is pricing after 300 dolars.
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:36:27 PM

Isn't Ethereum implemented the "Lighting Network" technology that can process a lot of transactions in second?

It doesn't really make sense on Ethereum. Think about it: Bitcoin does transactions only. You can take some bitcoins into a temporary wallet, then do small transactions on another layer, and the aggregate can be committed to a block. All is fine.
Ethereum does mostly computation (that was their selling point at least). You can't just do some of the computation on the side - that defeats the purpose and means other apps can't rely on the state of the chain.

Vitalik promised Sharting - I dunno how it's supposed to work... but it's probably a year away still. Way behind schedule.

I see this dropping a lot still. Then again, I've been mostly wrong about Ether price speculations.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:50:07 PM

Simply this may be the reason for ETH going down. This is like the mental price barrier for bitcoin ($3000). When casual inventors, specially those who bought it at a lower price, seeing that they have profit enough at $300, will just cash it out and enjoy the profit. I think it can drop significantly, but seeing ICO's popping everyday, then ETH will be pump again in the next coming weeks.
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:06:38 PM

Simply this may be the reason for ETH going down. This is like the mental price barrier for bitcoin ($3000). When casual inventors, specially those who bought it at a lower price, seeing that they have profit enough at $300, will just cash it out and enjoy the profit. I think it can drop significantly, but seeing ICO's popping everyday, then ETH will be pump again in the next coming weeks.

The crash only happened at GDAX.  Other exchanges only recorded a low of $275 from what I heard. 

The number of ICOs is incredible - like one per day.  Now Vitalik and the team have to work harder to get the scaling issue settled.

arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:32:42 PM

Because it is overvalued, and now people starting to realize what is all about, and how this can be very bad if dump happens, i'm not sure how whales slowing down this event, but it is obvious peak is here. People become blind from greed, and tend not to listen main rule, don't fall in love. Like in gambling, exit while you are still a winner.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:06:03 PM

Because it is overvalued, and now people starting to realize what is all about, and how this can be very bad if dump happens, i'm not sure how whales slowing down this event, but it is obvious peak is here. People become blind from greed, and tend not to listen main rule, don't fall in love. Like in gambling, exit while you are still a winner.

Well it could be better be overvalued. Maybe others are going out as of early because they want to be trap and can't exit in time. I think it has already touch ed its peak at $400 and now the price is slowly going down. But still, if ICO's is popping everyday, then we may see some correction price along the way. I see it along the $250-$300.
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:26:35 PM

All the ETH hype is made up of ICO's, and we are in an ICO bubble. I see a major dumping happening in days. Thins don't look so bright for ETH. Moreover its already pumped so much. Also image the amount of ETH various ICO's have with them. Ever wondered what will happen when they start dumping it? If I had any ETH, i would be shorting it now.

Kawasanz

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:22:41 PM

Maybe for a moment ETH draw with BTC,
But at the time of his rise no one can withstand against ETH,
Because ETH is one of BTC's heavy competitors with its successful launch.
www.myetherwallet.com]www.myetherwallet.com[/url]
A javascript-based open source client-side tool for creating Ethereum wallets and transactions.
jono_t2000

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:29:13 PM

Ethereum was so eager to be the first smart contract team that they rushed the platform and the flaws, lack of security and bugs are all now being exposed. In my honest opinion there are several better platforms then Ethereum such as Waves and Antshares (Neo).

People are starting to look around at other options to raise ICO's and Ethereum no longer have the monopoly and based on that fact, the price of Ethereum will never reach its previous heights again.

Thats my personal opinion anyways

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
thompshma

Activity: 342

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:34:46 PM

Its obviously going to go down. It hasn't peaked near its earlier highs for days now.
Try to ride the wave as it comes in, sell high buy low. The volleys are super predictable.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:03:23 PM

I dont know the main reason. But every coin experienced dumping price its a normal. But for sureit will back again at 350 dollars each ethereum. Ethereum is the next bitcoin I believe and for sure in the next month possible price will be $500 and it will increasing slowly. Time to buy ethereum now because after few months you will earn a lot of money .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
jono_t2000

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:06:16 PM

I dont know the main reason. But every coin experienced dumping price its a normal. But for sureit will back again at 350 dollars each ethereum. Ethereum is the next bitcoin I believe and for sure in the next month possible price will be $500 and it will increasing slowly. Time to buy ethereum now because after few months you will earn a lot of money .

Can we come back to this in 6 months to a year and see if you still believe in Ethereum, I get the feeling that Vitalik doesnt even believe in it as much as he once did

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
thompshma

Activity: 342

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:54:58 PM

Everybody ready for the price to dip below 300 again tonight!!??

It's going to happen again triggering everyones panic as the price moves through that 300 emotional barrier.

Im thinking its going to dip down to 280 tonight, jumping back up to 310 in the next few days.
This emotional numbers game of pong is hilarious. Im riding the wave the entire way down.
Get your lowball buy orders on garbage exchanges set, the next few days are going to be bumpy.
dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:22:33 PM

Isn't Ethereum implemented the "Lighting Network" technology that can process a lot of transactions in second?

Markets move up and down all the time. It's definitely a gud time to buy some cheap ETH.

I agree, but I wish I have money now.  Sad

Yes MIT (Masachusets Institue of Technology) which are working for Bitcoin Netwrok -  "Lighting Network". Is working for the same analog but only for Ethereum Network and called Raiden Network.

MIT members also developing Zcash which also will be implemented in Raiden Network with atomic swap.

Zcash is absolutely confident payment method.
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:45:09 PM

This is good info.  I am hoping that the price drop is mostly caused by your reason #1 and not the other two.

Hard to say. I think reason number three is the reason it should drop substantially, if investors are actually looking at reality/facts; but, that isn't always the case.

Markets move up and down all the time. It's definitely a gud time to buy some cheap ETH.

I agree, but I wish I have money now.  Sad

Even this scam can implement "Lighting Network" the network still fuvkup, they want to put all the craps into one. This scam is done. I have said again and again this thing going to happen soon even little 5 year old girl can see it from mile away.

So "Lightning Network" is not going to happen? 

By the way, a fake news about the founder's death was released and caused the price to drop to 10% immediately at the time.  That drop induced the price worsening of the cryptos that already happened.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: