Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:14:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Lending Offer Bug (Cannot Cancel Offers)  (Read 581 times)
ebliever (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:56:09 PM

Moving this from https://www.reddit.com/r/PoloniexForum/comments/6ie1tg/cannot_cancel_loan_offers_in_lending/  to maintain better visibility.

Poloniex users should beware that some of us are experiencing a problem where Lending offers cannot be canceled. The offers can be taken up normally by margin traders borrowing funds, but if your interest rate is too high your funds will be trapped - you will not be able to cancel the offer.

In my case I have 179 LTC stuck at a max 5%/day offer (set by a bot so I would have a chance when it came off the prior loan to extract the funds to sell.) I and others have raised tickets with Polo support but so far there is no resolution to the issue being offered.

If you experience this issue please raise a ticket with Polo support and let us know here. Perhaps we can figure out what is causing the problem.

In the meantime, please use extreme caution when lending - test regularly with small amounts and beware that if the problem strikes while you have funds offered at a high rate they may be stuck there a long while.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:13:23 PM

Moving this from https://www.reddit.com/r/PoloniexForum/comments/6ie1tg/cannot_cancel_loan_offers_in_lending/  to maintain better visibility.

Poloniex users should beware that some of us are experiencing a problem where Lending offers cannot be canceled. The offers can be taken up normally by margin traders borrowing funds, but if your interest rate is too high your funds will be trapped - you will not be able to cancel the offer.

In my case I have 179 LTC stuck at a max 5%/day offer (set by a bot so I would have a chance when it came off the prior loan to extract the funds to sell.) I and others have raised tickets with Polo support but so far there is no resolution to the issue being offered.

If you experience this issue please raise a ticket with Polo support and let us know here. Perhaps we can figure out what is causing the problem.

In the meantime, please use extreme caution when lending - test regularly with small amounts and beware that if the problem strikes while you have funds offered at a high rate they may be stuck there a long while.

Is this something that can be attacked by loan seekers?  I know that you said the issue was only with higher interest rates, but is it possible that someone that would normally not meet the loan criteria can slide past and get a loan that they shouldn't have gotten?

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
ebliever (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:10:33 PM

Is this something that can be attacked by loan seekers?  I know that you said the issue was only with higher interest rates, but is it possible that someone that would normally not meet the loan criteria can slide past and get a loan that they shouldn't have gotten?

The problem is NOT with only higher interest rates. The bug prevents ANY cancellation at any rate. But it is only a serious matter if you set a high rate that is not taken up by a borrower. Then your funds are stuck until Polo gets around to fixing it - and that may be months from all the chatter I'm seeing about Polo's support woes.

Borrowers automatically borrow funds at the cheapest available rate, so this should have no direct impact on them. Just beware that if lending and you find you are unable to cancel, the only way to retrieve  your funds is to hope someone borrows them and then wait for them to close out their position to end the loan. And for goodness' sake, turn off Auto-Renew.

ebliever (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:05:05 PM

UPDATE: Sometime within the past hour it looks like Polo canceled my stuck lending offer. I was able to make and then cancel a new lending offer, so it looks like things are fixed on my end. There is no feedback on my support ticket. Hopefully the rest of you will also see things working again. :-)

aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:54:24 AM

I made a manual offer this morning (I had forgotten about your issue...) and then cancelled it because it was too high, at that moment I remembered and got worried, but it did cancel.
ebliever (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:21:19 PM

Others on reddit and another Polo thread report things are fixed so hopefully we can put this to bed. Kudos to Polo support for addressing it in a timely manner.

aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:40:37 AM

Did you have a ticket open and was it closed ?

Just for my information, since for another problem I had the issue went away but I closed the ticket myself.
ebliever (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:32:39 PM

Did you have a ticket open and was it closed ?

Just for my information, since for another problem I had the issue went away but I closed the ticket myself.
Yes, they were about a week late in notifying me, but eventually they checked in with me again and the ticket was closed.

lyhistory

Activity: 5
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:13:51 PM

suffering the same issue now, all were good, suddenly cannot cancel any of my open loan offers, and when I checked the network request, every request got 524 timeout, opened tickets, but the customer service is so funny, they don't read my question, just copy paste some instruction notes of how to lend, ridiculous, I replied but 3 days passed never got any more response
evilknievel

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 12:24:29 AM

I have got this almost a year in lending and I can t get it out....  I am really annoyed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: