Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:33:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Batch #2 AVALON!! [NOT SOLD] 200BTC  (Read 1949 times)
bennybong (OP)

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:08:22 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2013, 11:40:31 AM by bennybong

Hi I am selling one of my early batch #2 Avalon ASICs.

Avalon SPECS:

• Hashrate: greater than 63 Gh/s speed guaranteed (+2 Gh/s with latest Firmware) = 65 Gh/s+
• Power consumption: ~ 600w @ 120v AC
• Contains three hashing modules 20 Gh/s greater each (with one more empty expansion slots, 4 slots total)
• Uses standard computer ATX power supply.
• Self contained unit with Ethernet and WiFi capabilities.
• Open sourced openWRT operating system with webGUI.

note: Avalon ASIC is designed to only mine Bitcoins.

It will have about 65 Ghash in speed and 600w PSU is included - OCZ-ZX850W fully modular PSU available, I bought 2 in preparation (PM ME).

BTC, USD, GBP or goods accepted! Make me an offer!

I will provide all necessary proofs i.e. Passport, Driving License (with address), Utility Bills, Avalon order details/email correspondence forwarded to you.

You already have my name Wink

STARTING PRICE: 200BTC

SALE WILL END 12PM GMT ON 11/05/2013

UPDATE (08/05/2013)

I will not use Escrow, at least not for the full amount.

I would require a deposit of 1/3 of the total price up front, converted to fiat. The remaining amount I am happy to wait for, you can pay me when the machine arrives in your hands. I would even consider letting the person mine for a while to get the BTC... If the offer is good of course.  

Of course all of this is up to the buyers discretion and whether they feel confident enough to do so. I will provide all and any proofs of who I am and the order from Avalon upon sale. We can meet in person, whatever you like!

Tracking number will be provided, my 2 ASICs are probably going to be shipped separately from Avalon (2 different order #) so you will receive your own tracking number. If the units get shipped at separate times YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FIRST ONE!  

Place bids here or PM me Wink

Best real offer so far (via PM): £5000 (10% up-front) + 50% share for 1st 2 month, then %25 for following 4 months.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michelet

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

www.easyha.sh

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:10:22 PM

Hello,

for what I know Avalon doesn't allow you to change the address.
For this reason, would you be ok for a local pickup? Or to reship the package?
Where are you based? Are you ok to use an escrow?

if you're ok to use an escrow I start with 100btc

www.easyha.sh - coming soon
bennybong (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:28:08 PM

Hello,

for what I know Avalon doesn't allow you to change the address.
For this reason, would you be ok for a local pickup? Or to reship the package?
Where are you based? Are you ok to use an escrow?

if you're ok to use an escrow I start with 100btc

As I am a legitimate seller  Wink I do not mind local pickup at all. I am based in the UK (South).

Worst comes to worst and I cannot change the shipping address. I am more than happy to reship... I work for a private courier company (father-in-law owns it), I can get the packaged shipped quickly and cheaply anywhere in the UK, we offer same-day delivery anywhere in the country! International shipping is at the buyers discretion.

Escrow is not ideal in my current situation as I am looking for money soon! (homeless at the end of the month and need cash for Moving costs, Deposit on new place and Debts etc.).

Also please consider:

Seems like this bid was to be escrowed until the person actually has the rig.
Which means I have to take responsibility for Avalon shipping, which I am not really willing to.
If I sell the pre order that means that it's under the same conditions as those I got when I bought the pre order from Avalon.
//DeaDTerra

That said, my situation can change at any time, is anyone willing to stand as Escrow for this deal? If I decide to do so?

michelet

Activity: 170

www.easyha.sh

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:46:32 PM

I have sent you a PM

www.easyha.sh - coming soon
bennybong (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:02:19 PM

My account:

Not sure, but I may well be able to edit the Shipping address... Anyone know?

I have sent you a PM

Received, will get back to you soon Wink

purplesquid

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:42:46 PM

Wouldn't changing your address get both of them sent to the winner?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:48:08 PM

Well, I confirm that it's impossible to get Avalon to change the shipping address. It's stated by them clearly.  Sad
purplesquid

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:53:34 PM

70 BTC w/ Local pickup, face to face transaction on delivery day, and lots of identifying information  Wink

Or we can escrow with JohnK here and save the flight money for bidding.
bennybong (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:36:23 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 04:53:35 PM by bennybong

70 BTC w/ Local pickup, face to face transaction on delivery day, and lots of identifying information  Wink

Or we can escrow with JohnK here and save the flight money for bidding.

I have been going over the figures recently to see if it is worth me selling one of my ASICs at all...  

At 3.2 BTC a day (currently) I would be looking for at least 100BTC for one unit, one Avalon should be able to generate 10 times that in its lifetime. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I know it's not cheap (if you convert it to USD), but this offer may appeal to someone that is sitting on a load of 'cheap' Bitcoins  Wink

OP Updated

bozak

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:54:57 PM

Has Avalon given an expected ship date yet?
bennybong (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:09:10 PM

Has Avalon given an expected ship date yet?

AFAIK They plan on shipping in the SECOND OR THIRD WEEK OF MAY (1-2 weeks time)
Waramp22

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:50:19 AM

I bid 100 bitcoin.

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
pixel75

Activity: 372

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:00:27 AM

Sorry I don't understand:

- you will use or not an escrow?
- the payment is at the end of the auction or when the unit is received/exchanged?
- in the OP you want to do the auction like DeadTerra, but this is not the case since it is not possibile to change shipment address in your case..

Bitrated user: pixel75.
bennybong (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:10:11 AM

Sorry I don't understand:

- you will use or not an escrow?
- the payment is at the end of the auction or when the unit is received/exchanged?
- in the OP you want to do the auction like DeadTerra, but this is not the case since it is not possibile to change shipment address in your case..

I will update the OP.

I would require a deposit of 1/3 of the total price up front, converted to fiat. The remaining amount I am happy to wait for, you can pay me when the machine arrives in your hands. I would even consider letting the person mine for a while to get the BTC... If the offer is good of course. 

Of course all of this is up to the buyers discretion and whether they feel confident enough to do so. I will provide all and any proofs of who I am and the order from Avalon upon sale. We can meet in person, whatever you like!

Tracking number will be provided, my 2 ASICs are probably going to be shipped separately from Avalon (2 different order #) so you will receive your own tracking number. If the units get shipped at separate times YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FIRST ONE! 

I have had some very promising offers, I have also listed it on bitmit starting at $30,000 - with 1 bid... I am not too hopeful on that and I would rather do a deal on here.

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/31304-avalon-asic-bitcoin-btc-miner-preorder-batch-2-68-ghash-s

My highest private offer so far:

£7500 + 150BTC (a PM on bitmit, no terms yet, initial offer).

Waramp22

Activity: 321

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:52:13 PM

You have edited your original post, and changed your starting bid on your "auction" based on the offer that someone made you on a different website. Why is this?

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
bozak

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:20:04 PM

You have edited your original post, and changed your starting bid on your "auction" based on the offer that someone made you on a different website. Why is this?

I am confused also, is the offical auction on bitmit or on this forum?  If it is on bitmit, don't you have to simply sell to the highest bidder?
bennybong (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:48:12 PM

I am confused also, is the offical auction on bitmit or on this forum?  If it is on bitmit, don't you have to simply sell to the highest bidder?

Sorry for the confusion, I have never successfully sold anything on bitmit. The 2 bids I have are from brand new accounts and I have tried contacting them regarding their bids. If I get no response by this evening I will remove it from there, it is not ideal anyway.

Due to the interest I have received and the sheer amount of money 1 Avalon could make (long term), My staring price is 200BTC. As I have said, I only ask for 1/3rd of the payment upfront and the rest later down the line... I will consider taking 'shares' of the ASICs profits to pay the remainder.

Sorry for this mix up, I initially wasn't really sure if I wanted to sell or where was best to sell it.

If no response on bitmit by tonight (11pm GMT) I will remove it and probably extend the auction here by a day or two. This will become the official auction. 

What do you think?
bennybong (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:52:22 PM

I might add that the winner will also receive this badge that I picked up a while back. It was destined for my Avalon...   Grin Grin

Did I mention the other Avalon does not belong to me??  Sad

elgeo

Activity: 200

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:00:44 PM

Hi I am considering selling one of my early batch #2 Avalon ASICs.

Avalon SPECS:

• Hashrate: greater than 63 Gh/s speed guaranteed (+2 Gh/s with latest Firmware) = 65 Gh/s+
• Power consumption: ~ 600w @ 120v AC
• Contains three hashing modules 20 Gh/s greater each (with one more empty expansion slots, 4 slots total)
• Uses standard computer ATX power supply.
• Self contained unit with Ethernet and WiFi capabilities.
• Open sourced openWRT operating system with webGUI.

note: Avalon ASIC is designed to only mine Bitcoins.

It will have about 65 Ghash in speed and 600w PSU is included - OCZ-ZX850W fully modular PSU available, I bought 2 in preparation (PM ME).

BTC, USD, GBP or goods accepted! Make me an offer!

I will provide all necessary proofs i.e. Passport, Driving License (with address), Utility Bills, Avalon order details/email correspondence forwarded to you.

You already have my name Wink

STARTING BID: 200BTC

AUCTION WILL END 12PM GMT ON 09/05/2013

UPDATE (08/05/2013)

I have had some very promising offers, I have also listed it on bitmit starting at $30,000 - with 1 bid... I am not too hopeful on that and I would rather do a deal on here.

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/31304-avalon-asic-bitcoin-btc-miner-preorder-batch-2-68-ghash-s

My highest private offer so far:

£7500 + 150BTC (a PM on bitmit, no terms yet, initial offer).

Why you sell it?

I don't have a signature because I'm not a customary person.
bennybong (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:16:06 PM

Need money now, Probably can't 'host' it all summer, I'm selling out  Cry

It's a hard decision for me, so starting bid is 200BTC. Still a good investment IMO. Maybe not for some...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: