Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:47:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum met its fate, pay respects and focus on future  (Read 2100 times)
Sevvero (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:18:29 PM

Which other cryptos would offer similar functionality as ETH without grinding to a halt?

Which other cryptos would have a scalable solution without network congestion?
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:24:29 PM

Which other cryptos would offer similar functionality as ETH without grinding to a halt?

This technology cannot work on high load.
Today`s problems show it. This week was top price ever.

thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:36:44 PM

So https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/ Shows Price at $334

but https://ethereumprice.org/ shows price is $300

why is this?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:45:20 PM

And why again do you desperately need App's on a block-chain again ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Sevvero (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:15:09 PM

And why again do you desperately need App's on a block-chain again ?
BECAUSE M-M-MUH D-D-DECENTRILIZATION!1!11
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 01:13:40 AM

the fate of ethereim

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
raiblock

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:49:39 AM

I think Stratis is the most obvious contender to overtake Ethereum, but Tezos looks interesting too (ICO starts July 1st) even though I am not sure I understand the white paper correctly!
CryptoPro3

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Money loves speed

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:51:00 AM

I think Stratis is the most obvious contender to overtake Ethereum, but Tezos looks interesting too (ICO starts July 1st) even though I am not sure I understand the white paper correctly!

+1 on this

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
THE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEED
▩▬ DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE ▬▩
ngin-x

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:39:43 AM

Is it time to sell out now? ETH at $250. I think the bubble has popped & this ship is sinking. Wtf is going on?
shifty30

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:49:07 AM

Wtf is going on?

panic times it looks like

Multatio

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:57:24 AM

This technology cannot work on high load.
Today`s problems show it. This week was top price ever.

You are wrong I think. After PoS transition you will see that price will climb much higher than where it is actually.
ngin-x

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:17:44 AM

Wtf is going on?

Man I bought near the ATH. I will lose everything by the looks of it. Worst decision of my life.
coinmore_org

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 09:26:25 AM

Wtf is going on?

Man I bought near the ATH. I will lose everything by the looks of it. Worst decision of my life.

Im so sorry to hear that. Cryptocurrencies are very volatile, please take some time to educate yourself and never get caught up in FOMO (fear of missing out) or hype. Always take a step back from the excitement and look at the bigger picture and ask yourself WHY is this rising this fast. ETH went up very quickly, it was bound to "crash". So dont beat yourself up over a bad call. It happens to most people, you simply got caught up in the hype and bought at the very top.

Now whats important is how you exit/maintain your current investment position. Some say "you only loose if you sell". But on the other hand its always smart to cut your loses before they become unbearable. Ask yourself this question, Does Ethererum have the fundamentals to survive a crash? Does it have a future ?

Good luck with what ever choice you make! And finally, only invest what you can afford to loose.
Multatio

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:42:05 AM

Wtf is going on?

Just do not sell. Until you have sold you have lost nothing yet. After PoS transition price will surely go up, so hold until that time.
ngin-x

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:49:16 AM

Wtf is going on?

Just do not sell. Until you have sold you have lost nothing yet. After PoS transition price will surely go up, so hold until that time.

Ok I will hold and try not to look at the chart. I probably need a vacation right now or I might end up panic selling. The guy above you is saying Ethereum may not have the fundamentals to rise up again. That's just scary thought. Ugh I need a break!
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:58:45 AM

You are wrong I think. After PoS transition you will see that price will climb much higher than where it is actually.
Why would it climb higher?
Is it because there is an unlimited supply?
Is it because ETH is a terrible bottleneck for all tokens?
Is it because of the forthcoming sidechains on Bitcon, Litecoin or other others to do the same as tokens but a hundred times faster?
Is it because you buy eth worth more than 10 million usd daily, forever
Is it because you had a dream ?
Is it because no high marketcap pos coin exist anymore (marketcap totally useless anyway)

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
zzert1234

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:01:10 AM

ETH is currently following Bitcoin as it always has. Wait for BTC to go up and u will see. Do not panic sell. 2 or 3 downward movements coincided... but once BTC goes up again, the price will pick up nicely.
DirkMasline

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:04:27 AM

ETC: this water looks really cold and dangerous.

ETH: Don't worry, I'll be with you the whole time.

ETC: You jump, I jump!

ETH:......

ETC: Now, I am the Ethereum.
Multatio

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:37:38 AM

Wtf is going on?

Ok I will hold and try not to look at the chart. I probably need a vacation right now or I might end up panic selling. The guy above you is saying Ethereum may not have the fundamentals to rise up again. That's just scary thought. Ugh I need a break!

Crypto-currencies prices are rarely correlated with what is being said here, do not worry.

Why would it climb higher?
Is it because there is an unlimited supply?
Is it because ETH is a terrible bottleneck for all tokens?
Is it because of the forthcoming sidechains on Bitcon, Litecoin or other others to do the same as tokens but a hundred times faster?
Is it because you buy eth worth more than 10 million usd daily, forever
Is it because you had a dream ?
Is it because no high marketcap pos coin exist anymore (marketcap totally useless anyway)

Because of hype my dear. Because if Ethereum switch to PoS and there is a minimum amount of ETH, I can tell that it will moon, because at the beggining, staking will be very easy and everyone will rush. You must out think if you want to succeed.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:54:48 AM

Because of hype my dear. Because if Ethereum switch to PoS and there is a minimum amount of ETH, I can tell that it will moon, because at the beggining, staking will be very easy and everyone will rush. You must out think if you want to succeed.
So sell it and buy after POS. Now you loose money every day.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: