Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:18:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to get out of ETH for a moment?  (Read 862 times)
PopuliCapital (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 09:04:33 PM

Firstly it has to be said that it is a given that Ethereum is going to have the number 1 market cap. A quick look at the market dominance chart on coinmarketcap.com indicates so and realistically, it can't not happen. Bitcoin is amazing, but Ethereum is on a whole different level.

ETH is on a whole different level which explains it's astronomical returns, but enough is enough. There is a major correction coming as this is not sustainable and never has been. It is in a bubble and there is a major correction coming. Just look at this - http://populicapital.com/website-launch-and-ethereum-correction/. I layered the well known bubble chart from Jean-Paul Rodrigue of Hofstra and ETH/USD today and the signs are clear. This chart layered itself similarly during last months pump so there might be another bull run coming soon but surely it's the last one if we have not already experienced it.

For the HODLers and any long-term holders, you are safe. Ethereum will have an even higher price in another year or two. There are two many speculators and people who don't really understand what they are investing in.

PopuliCapital (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 09:16:14 PM

https://i1.wp.com/populicapital.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Screen-Shot-2017-06-21-at-20.59.57.png?w=1032
HAARP

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:45:31 PM

We can't know the price is moving very frequently. It may be +10% or -10% in minutes. What we can do is day trade to minimize the risk. If I were you, I wouldn't open long term positions.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:05:49 AM

Why are you considering to do ETH  exit at this point.

IMO this is very wrong timing. With the upcoming BTC fork. There are even a fairlay market "Will the Flippening happen before August 1?". e.g. will ETH be more valued than BTC and the current odds are 2.7!

https://fairlay.com/market/will-the-flippening-happen-before-august-1/

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:36:22 AM

With all the network congestion woes and negative news, ETH can retest its lows of $250
of a week ago or make a lower low.  Will be a good buying opportunity if it happens.
CryptoMensch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 04:41:06 AM

I got out till this gets fixed

BANCOR
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:13:52 AM

We can't know the price is moving very frequently. It may be +10% or -10% in minutes. What we can do is day trade to minimize the risk. If I were you, I wouldn't open long term positions.

it was not -10% then +10% or vice versa at all.
and day trading is certainly not safe in a market where price is falling. it is highly risky, riskier than it normally can be.
the only case where it can be a good idea to invest in such a market is if you see a very huge dip and are nearly sure that price will bounce back so you buy in that dip. but also the profit in cases like this are too small to be worth it. meanwhile in other altcoins price are rising with a much smaller risk and a much bigger profit!

so why you would choose a high risk low reward over a low risk high reward is beyond my understanding!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: