Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:58:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Get Involved] New Scrypt Altcoin  (Read 2591 times)
NWO (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:01:53 PM

I'm simply looking for a team so I KNOW I have something and can provide an in-depth description at a later date.

My advice would be to do your own research.  Everything you need to know is available online in the various forums.  Until you do that and have some facts, no one is going to be part of your team... unless they have plenty of time on their hands.

Like I said, new Alt Coins are welcome.  But you have to understand that people want to see that you know what your doing to an extent.  Take some time, build up your post count, get a rep, and then people will know that you're serious.

Or want to earn some money.

I completely understand what your trying to say and I have done my homework. I have educated myself with ideas in which would greatly benefit those who hold this coin. I am now at the stage where I am looking for talent and considering a large portion of the population still does not understand cryptocurrency (I had an experience on odesk trying to explain what it is to 6 different programmers) I looked to advertise in the one place I know harbours people capable of what I am asking for.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:03:22 PM

Don't expect to get any respect in this forum with 'ideas'.  Cold hard facts win the day.  Do you think you're the first person to make a post like this?

Hey, love to see a new great coin.

Pick a name of the coin, create some graphics, a website, a forum, and release some technical details... if you're so experienced you would know that you don't make a pitch without having something to entice potential investors.

Your pitch:  "Trust me".

I confused how this thread has been misinterpreted by 95% of the replies. I have no pitch, details or anything to showcase to the wider public.

Maybe that is why it is being misinterpreted.  You have no substance to your request.  Get a business plan together.  Treat this seriously and you will be treated seriously.
Rave

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:07:14 PM

I confused how this thread has been misinterpreted by 95% of the replies. I have no pitch, details or anything to showcase to the wider public.
That's exactly my interpretation. What's your point? Every developer could make his own coin without your help...

Wanna spend some Bitcoins with a prepaid Master Card? All you need is a VirWox Account and a Skrill Master Card Wink
NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:09:31 PM

Don't expect to get any respect in this forum with 'ideas'.  Cold hard facts win the day.  Do you think you're the first person to make a post like this?

Hey, love to see a new great coin.

Pick a name of the coin, create some graphics, a website, a forum, and release some technical details... if you're so experienced you would know that you don't make a pitch without having something to entice potential investors.

Your pitch:  "Trust me".

Maybe that is why it is being misinterpreted.  You have no substance to your request.  Get a business plan together.  Treat this seriously and you will be treated seriously.

You conveniently left out the next sentence which states this topic is only open to acquiring talent. I will show I am serious when I (once again) know that I have a product which is worthy of everyone's attention. Until then, as stated by my OP, I am looking for people to help work on this project with me. I will reveal my business plan to those people in private... for now.

Thank you for your input anyway.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 02:09:52 PM

Oh well if you are hiring, be clearer.

Your original post reads like the typical "I am an idea guy, if you invest blood sweat and tears in my idea I will pay you well out of your blood once the tears dry up, of course if the tears don't dry up - aka if it is not lucrative - I guess at least you'll've been bled, which in some times and places was considered healthy. Unlike other leeches I am even hinting that I already have a carrot uh I mean some funds, so hey, imagine that you could even end up getting some pittance out of that if the thing doesn't fly."

If you are hiring, state salary or hourly rate and number of payperiods or hours you're looking to hire for.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:10:58 PM

Oh, just so you know:  if you get even close to BTC you will be attacked by the BTC overlords.  They didn't spend all the time creating BTC to let another coin win.  They have all the hashing power in the world to attack your coin.  The best you can hope for is to be a nice Alt Coin.  Just remember the "business" concept of killing the competition.

Too bad they can't do diddly squat if the coin isn't secured by hashing power. Wink

NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:14:42 PM

I'm simply looking for a team so I KNOW I have something and can provide an in-depth description at a later date.

My advice would be to do your own research.  Everything you need to know is available online in the various forums.  Until you do that and have some facts, no one is going to be part of your team... unless they have plenty of time on their hands.

Like I said, new Alt Coins are welcome.  But you have to understand that people want to see that you know what your doing to an extent.  Take some time, build up your post count, get a rep, and then people will know that you're serious.

Or want to earn some money.

I completely understand what your trying to say and I have done my homework. I have educated myself with ideas in which would greatly benefit those who hold this coin. I am now at the stage where I am looking for talent and considering a large portion of the population still does not understand cryptocurrency (I had an experience on odesk trying to explain what it is to 6 different programmers) I looked to advertise in the one place I know harbours people capable of what I am asking for.

I really do wish you the best of luck finding people.

As far as "Or want to earn some money" - I can earn money without helping you by mining your coin to death and then selling the coin.

Oh, just so you know:  if you get even close to BTC you will be attacked by the BTC overlords.  They didn't spend all the time creating BTC to let another coin win.  They have all the hashing power in the world to attack your coin.  The best you can hope for is to be a nice Alt Coin.  Just remember the "business" concept of killing the competition.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I have been monitoring these forums long enough to understand why a lot of people reacted in the way they did. I'm looking to address a lot of these concerns when I lay out some official details (which will be hopefully soon).  

Haha and in regards to the evil BTC overlords. Noted Wink
NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:17:12 PM

Too bad they can't do diddly squat if the coin isn't secured by hashing power. Wink

Thinking outside of the square. I like it Wink maybe ram will be the dominant component in hashing my new coin? Wouldn't that be different...
NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:20:45 PM

Oh well if you are hiring, be clearer.

Your original post reads like the typical "I am an idea guy, if you invest blood sweat and tears in my idea I will pay you well out of your blood once the tears dry up, of course if the tears don't dry up - aka if it is not lucrative - I guess at least you'll've been bled, which in some times and places was considered healthy. Unlike other leeches I am even hinting that I already have a carrot uh I mean some funds, so hey, imagine that you could even end up getting some pittance out of that if the thing doesn't fly."

If you are hiring, state salary or hourly rate and number of payperiods or hours you're looking to hire for.

-MarkM-

I was hoping for people to message me quotes. My programming knowledge is lacklustre at best so I do not know an appropriate rate or time. I am open for discussion in my inbox. I can pay in BTC, LTC or USD.
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:23:08 PM

Thinking outside of the square. I like it Wink maybe ram will be the dominant component in hashing my new coin? Wouldn't that be different...

Need to think more meta than "what component can I bottleneck?"

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 02:30:18 PM

Because of the plenitude of pump and dump scam-launches people here don't really need to work for a living, so actually offering money is maybe not really very tempting to anyone.

Maybe though in some other section of the forum there are starving programmers, graphic artists and marketers who can be hired, especially if you don't announce that it is planning to fork bitcoin.

Basically look to hire people familiar with bitcoin code, bitcoin concepts etc and don't reveal until they are hired on exactly what it is their bitcoin-related skills and experience are about to be put to work doing.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:44:16 PM

These last few posts have been really helpful, thank you.

Don't worry, I have lived and learned. There will be no premine and it will be announced well in advance. Like you have reiterated, this needs to be treated like a business, I know A LOT of people get scammed on these forums so I will be vigilant. I will be fully transparent with all details and I am hoping for some feedback on my idea once it has been confirmed. 

I will also look around these forums for programmers who are looking to be involved. That's why I posted here, its probably the best place to find the people I am looking for.
funnybear

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:15:15 PM

another ton of altcoin is coming

Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). e355a9imFx7gbkpra9755mTkJDf5gBRhj2
Let's flower the moon. SfjURGkYyjo8VFxfFPXS89CHhXS2mao3kA
DryPowder

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:53:13 PM

To many Sharks in the pond …  Grin

Keep Your Powder Dry
hughperman

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:11:28 PM

I'm still not clear what you are offering yourself, if you don't have a clear idea of what would make a good coin or any programming skills?
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:43:10 PM

Well dude let me guess,you made up everything in your imagination and saw it getting successful but in reality you didn't done good planning i doubt it will even get successful without hardwork (yours, not others).

If you wanted to make your own coin, you should have done planning first about coins feature,name and other things, then bought domain etc and then contacted some developers here or on other sites via PM or posted your rough idea here about your future coin and asked for peoples opinion/feedback and who's interested in it and who's not.

If you will post " FACEBOOK 2.0 COMING SOON" and write "I need someone who can code it and it will be next big thing" People will call you fool.

NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:50:20 PM

I'm still not clear what you are offering yourself, if you don't have a clear idea of what would make a good coin or any programming skills?

Again. I really do not understand people. I DO have an idea (please read the post), I am not comfortable announcing anything until I have a team which can build my vision. I want to ensure my idea is possible. Please use some basic forum sense before posting again, I'm sick of sounding like a broken record.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 10:59:25 PM

These last few posts have been really helpful, thank you.

Don't worry, I have lived and learned. There will be no premine and it will be announced well in advance. Like you have reiterated, this needs to be treated like a business, I know A LOT of people get scammed on these forums so I will be vigilant. I will be fully transparent with all details and I am hoping for some feedback on my idea once it has been confirmed.  

I will also look around these forums for programmers who are looking to be involved. That's why I posted here, its probably the best place to find the people I am looking for.

Part of the problem is you have not even proven your own value yet. We have not seen you maintain a coin through hard times and problems, we have not seen you come up with timely or ingenious pull requests, we know of no coins that testify to how useful you are to a coin or the community who is using a coin and so on.

Why would anyone want you on their team?

Or maybe that could be put as why is it that none of the existing teams seem to have found you useful or valuable enough to have welcomed you into their team, providing you with an opportunity to show us all why and how a team with you in it might be one worth joining?

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: