Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:39:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: changelly.com Just ripped me off of 349 XRP  (Read 610 times)
memphisblue (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 04:21:51 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 05:38:13 AM by memphisblue

What happened:I sent 349 XRP to  changelly.com for 157 GTN , They got the XRP. I never got the GTN :

Scammers Profile Link: https://changelly.com/

Reference Link: https://changelly.com/transaction/312db07fa45a
Amount Scammed: 349 XRP. 100 usd value.  I got no 157 GTN  
XRP:
Proof of Payment:Sorry! The transaction was not completed.

Transaction # 312db07fa45a
Sender   j.ripley_constable2011@yahoo.com
Input transaction hash   97EC57685ED80AB622756D1765374BA12100A3154DC4B8160E98EDF980E0F398
Amount   349 XRP
Money received   21 Jun 2017, 13:44:46
Fee   0.802826863213740452 GNT
Exchange rate   1 XRP = 0.45431324 GNT
Receiver   0x976842a67a1bd5b0792bd259a92645c8e6639d40
Amount   157.76254577953435 GNT

PM/Chat Logs: NONE , THEY  WONT RESPOND
DO NOT SEND THEM ANYTHING , THEY CLAIM OVERLOAD , I CLAIM BS.  IF NOT RESOLVED SOON , WILL REPORT THEIR SITE THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY AND BUSINESS AS SCAM/ FRAUD. REGULATION NEEDS TO HAPPEN..  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 04:46:15 AM

Please use the proper format: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260073.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:57:35 AM

What happened:I sent 349 XRP to  changelly.com for 157 GTN , They got the XRP. I never got the GTN :

Scammers Profile Link: https://changelly.com/

Reference Link: https://changelly.com/transaction/312db07fa45a
Amount Scammed: 349 XRP. 100 usd value.  I got no 157 GTN 
XRP:
Proof of Payment:Sorry! The transaction was not completed.

Transaction # 312db07fa45a
Sender   j.ripley_constable2011@yahoo.com
Input transaction hash   97EC57685ED80AB622756D1765374BA12100A3154DC4B8160E98EDF980E0F398
Amount   349 XRP
Money received   21 Jun 2017, 13:44:46
Fee   0.802826863213740452 GNT
Exchange rate   1 XRP = 0.45431324 GNT
Receiver   0x976842a67a1bd5b0792bd259a92645c8e6639d40
Amount   157.76254577953435 GNT

PM/Chat Logs: NONE , THEY  WONT RESPOND
DO NOT SEND THEM ANYTHING , THEY CLAIM OVERLOAD , I CLAIM BS.  IF NOT RESOLVED SOON , WILL REPORT THEIR SITE THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY AND BUSINESS AS SCAM/ FRAUD. REGULATION NEEDS TO HAPPEN.. 

1. Try to pm their forum account. They are quite active here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=823207
2. If that doesn't work, try to raise your issue by complaining on Reddit. Again, their PR team seems to be quite responsive to problems as they pop up. Their reddit account is https://www.reddit.com/user/changelly_com.

There are a lot of complaints about them recently, and even though most ofthem gets resolved in the end this shouldn't have to happen. If you use their service you would expect that everything goes smoothly without you having to go to complain in public. It's best to just use a more trustworthy and establish service like Changelly or just use an exchange yourslef.
Changelly

Activity: 163
Merit: 11

Supersonic swaps for your digital assets

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 07:25:05 PM

Dear Customer, our apologies for the issue. Unfortunately Ethereum blockchain is still backlogged by unconfirmed transactions after the big ICO's - Status and Civic. We've have notified you about that on our social media and even main page. Golem tokens contract execution requires a lot of gas and doesn't properly broadcasted in blockchain. Once the network will be stabilised, we will resent you Golem. Further we suggest you to send a request at support@changelly.com, before publishing such reports. Hope for your understanding!

Changelly is a non-custodial instant cryptocurrency exchange. We act as an intermediary between crypto exchanges and users, offering access to 150+ cryptocurrencies. The company mission is making exchange process effortless for everyone who wants to invest in cryptocurrency. Operating since 2015, the platform and its mobile app attract over a million visitors monthly who enjoy high limits, fast transactions, and 24/7 live support.

Changelly offers its API and a customizable payment widget to any crypto service that wishes to broaden its audience and implement new exchange options. The platform also provides its Affiliate program with a 50% revenue share mechanism.

Changelly partners with Exodus, Binance, BRD, Coinpayments, Binance, Coinomi, Huobi Wallet and other well-known players in the crypto industry

We offer you an intuitive interface, the best exchange rates and secure transactions. We aspire to establish mutual trust with our clients; thereof we don’t have any hidden or unreasonable fees. We always charge only 0.5% fee for crypto-to-crypto transactions and that’s it, full stop.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:37:41 PM

They are horrible, use shapeshift next time for your own good. However, i do not think they ripped you, they just have horrible support, so usually making a thread like this makes them to give you some support, which is funny because they have already lost all of their credibility. Example there was a case where they charged person like 0.04BTC of transaction fees, which inputs he has no control of. Avoid this company at all cost.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
memphisblue (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:09:19 AM

Dear Customer, our apologies for the issue. Unfortunately Ethereum blockchain is still backlogged by unconfirmed transactions after the big ICO's - Status and Civic. We've have notified you about that on our social media and even main page. Golem tokens contract execution requires a lot of gas and doesn't properly broadcasted in blockchain. Once the network will be stabilised, we will resent you Golem. Further we suggest you to send a request at support@changelly.com, before publishing such reports. Hope for your understanding!

I did send to support and received no reply after 15 hours. So I made this post. I use bitstamp.net but they dont do GTN.  I will wait to see if you get me my 157 GTN. I dont like to get to this lvl , but when it comes to the unregulated status of crypto anything this troubling causes me major concern. My apologies for flipping out. Just fix it and I will take it down with an apology post to follow.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:03:13 AM

I did send to support and received no reply after 15 hours. So I made this post. I use bitstamp.net but they dont do GTN.  I will wait to see if you get me my 157 GTN. I dont like to get to this lvl , but when it comes to the unregulated status of crypto anything this troubling causes me major concern. My apologies for flipping out. Just fix it and I will take it down with an apology post to follow.

Well there is no harm in creating a scam accusation. You really don't need to apologise because it's not your fault at all - it's probably not Changelly's fault but in this case they should have just disabled any transaction that involves the ethereum network because it is congested atm.

Good to see that Changelly is actively trying to solve problems though, a rare sight these days especially with people that have been labeled red. Though the customer support is good, you guys should probably prevent all this from happening by establishing a better framework in the first place so that customer support does not nee to handle every transaction...
Changelly

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 05:55:11 PM

Funds has been resent to the requested address in about 24 hours. We always get off coins/tokens when we are experiencing massive issues. Unfortunately not all them can be monitored in real time, as blockchain tech is rather new. But we are working to improve that process, as well as customers support. Hope that make sense!

Changelly is a non-custodial instant cryptocurrency exchange. We act as an intermediary between crypto exchanges and users, offering access to 150+ cryptocurrencies. The company mission is making exchange process effortless for everyone who wants to invest in cryptocurrency. Operating since 2015, the platform and its mobile app attract over a million visitors monthly who enjoy high limits, fast transactions, and 24/7 live support.

Changelly offers its API and a customizable payment widget to any crypto service that wishes to broaden its audience and implement new exchange options. The platform also provides its Affiliate program with a 50% revenue share mechanism.

Changelly partners with Exodus, Binance, BRD, Coinpayments, Binance, Coinomi, Huobi Wallet and other well-known players in the crypto industry

We offer you an intuitive interface, the best exchange rates and secure transactions. We aspire to establish mutual trust with our clients; thereof we don’t have any hidden or unreasonable fees. We always charge only 0.5% fee for crypto-to-crypto transactions and that’s it, full stop.
djarmani

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:58:48 PM

@OP - I don't recommend Changelly, had an issue with them too. You can view the thread here...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1955524.0

They did refund me in the end but their support is poor, they ignored ALL THREE of my support tickets @ support@changelly.com and only responded via Twitter, therefore I don't recommend using them. I've had better luck with Bittrex and Shapeshift, I would recommend either of those services as alternatives Wink
Changelly

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 05:14:17 PM

..Example there was a case where they charged person like 0.04BTC of transaction fees, which inputs he has no control of...
Just notifying you, that recently we've implemented bitcoin transactions merging to reduce fees and speedup transactions confirmation in blockchain

They did refund me in the end but their support is poor, they ignored ALL THREE of my support tickets @ support@changelly.com and only responded via Twitter...
Dear Customer, your issue was solved in a three days. Email support messages were ignored due to we've already contacted you in twitter in less than 24 hours after your request. Hope that make sense!

djarmani

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:47:50 PM

..Example there was a case where they charged person like 0.04BTC of transaction fees, which inputs he has no control of...
Just notifying you, that recently we've implemented bitcoin transactions merging to reduce fees and speedup transactions confirmation in blockchain

They did refund me in the end but their support is poor, they ignored ALL THREE of my support tickets @ support@changelly.com and only responded via Twitter...
Dear Customer, your issue was solved in a three days. Email support messages were ignored due to we've already contacted you in twitter in less than 24 hours after your request. Hope that make sense!

@ Changelly - My issue was not solved in three days, you are lying! I used your service on June 3rd 2017...

https://explorer.zcha.in/transactions/fff2024ad56abc65a1fbad53c0e076194cb4246981d431b7be6aa653d5a8dd54

You did not refund me until June 9th 2017, that makes it almost a week, 6 days to be technical...

https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/0fe5f6f8a6a814c3ba3da94a90cd498c7b4000df6333b01d40993611ed4407b2/

Saying three days publicly in this forum is an outright lie and I feel the need to point that out to users reading this thread!
Changelly

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 10:28:51 PM

Sorry for misunderstanding. We've checked the dates, that's true, first ticket was created at 3d June, those dates we were heavily overloaded in support, but we've notified our customers at all our social media, suggested you to contact us directly if you had long unresolved tickets. After the twitter message and post here issue was solved in a three days. Hope that's fair.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: