Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:39:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I mine directly to bittrex?  (Read 2060 times)
insaniak (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:14:44 AM

Can I mine directly to bittrex? So payouts from ethermine and supernova and such? I want to set up automatic minin. For alt coins to auto sell into bitcoin
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
insaniak (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:56:18 PM

Up
eBunny6

Activity: 12
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:58:53 PM

Bump.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:12:58 PM

Depends on how the pool does payouts.  If the pool keeps a hot wallet and pays you at a certain threshold then yes you can use an exchange wallet address.  If the pool does coinbase transactions (which is actually rare outside of bitcoin) then you are better off not using an exchange wallet.  For suprnova everything I ever mined I used an exchange address for payouts (bittrex or polo mostly).  I am not familiar with ethermine.

Since there is an exchange called coinbase let me clarify that a coinbase transaction refers to what address or addresses get paid from the coins in a newly generated block.  Most commonly a pool will always send newly generated coins to the same pool owned address and then pay miners from that wallet address.  But they don't have to.  A new block can send the newly generated coins to any number of addresses and some pools pay miners that way.  Sometimes exchange wallets are not setup to receive those kind of transactions.

Also though, if the pool pays lots of little payouts, exchanges don't usually want those.  Check the deposit requirements for the specific coin on the exchange.  Sometimes they won't credit your account on the exchange of you are getting deposits below a certain threshold.  Those dust payments require higher fees to consolidate so exchanges don't usually like that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: