Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:58:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is blockchain too inefficient?  (Read 434 times)
thesavoyard (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:52:03 AM

So BTC is a failure because it can't be properly updated to modernize. Segwit will delay the inevitable, it's inability to scale. However, Ethereum having a weak blockchain really surprised me. Is this proof that blockchains spend tons of electricity to accomplish very little? Can a blockchain be made that can handle tens of thousands of transactions per second? The only way crypto can become the world's money is if it can scale.

Sex Video Chat VKcams.com

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

http://VKcams.com/

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:54:23 AM

tons of electricity

Yes.

http://VKcams.com/ - FREE Sex Video BITCOIN Chat
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 06:04:41 AM

So BTC is a failure because it can't be properly updated to modernize. Segwit will delay the inevitable, it's inability to scale. However, Ethereum having a weak blockchain really surprised me. Is this proof that blockchains spend tons of electricity to accomplish very little? Can a blockchain be made that can handle tens of thousands of transactions per second? The only way crypto can become the world's money is if it can scale.

Yes I guess somehow, Bitcoin has all the option but failed to correct some issues.
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:08:12 AM

Yes. Eos.io
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:16:14 AM

Yes I guess somehow, Bitcoin has all the option but failed to correct some issues.

I think we are just not giving blockchain enough time for them to solve the issue. But from what i see, that is its upgrade already. Especially the transaction fee. Along with the increase of btc to dollar it is just but normal to increase the fee. For  me those are  not issue rather change that we the members must accept and that is also the risk blockchain is taking that may make its member acknowledge another chain.
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2212
Merit: 536

Promotional Campaign Manager|Telegram @NrcewkerBTC

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 06:41:56 AM

oh, inefficient is Bitcoin Core team.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: