Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BURST to $1 when?  (Read 1904 times)
rico666 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 09:24:53 AM

Prepare to be quoted for future reference.  Wink

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:30:33 AM

I'll go ahead and say BURST to $1 not until 2019 (this is valid English btw).
Roadmap looks quite decent, though 'file storage' doesn't seem very optimistic or unique, there are coins that do this already.
There's potential.
Partizant

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:55:03 AM

BURST to $1 at $2,160,000,000 Market Cap
Need to jump from 88 to top 5 (rank).

Good luck  Smiley

rico666 (OP)
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 04:54:45 PM

BURST to $1 at $2,160,000,000 Market Cap
Need to jump from 88 to top 5 (rank).

Good luck  Smiley

Well, looking at todays chart....

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
cryptocan

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:06:44 PM

I am not trying to bash it but can someone explain to me what is the point of burst? and why should I buy it?
the fact that you can mine it with HDD instead of cpu or gpu is cool but that's all it is and I don't think cool is enough,
I don't see anything that the coin itself have to provide!
LamboMoonYacht

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:14:39 PM

Is this the latest pump coin or something?
LookingBackATH

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:46:42 AM

Ah, yes another one of my holdings...
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 05:25:00 AM

Same here I've been holding Burst for a year now however 80% of my Burst coins are invested into assets and the other 20% I have set up a savings Burst wallet where all my dividends from the assets go into. Burst is looking great right now and we might crack the 1k sats price if it keeps up. I think we could at least see 0.10 USD by the end of the year and maybe $1 in the next year or two.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:06:51 AM

Same here I've been holding Burst for a year now however 80% of my Burst coins are invested into assets and the other 20% I have set up a savings Burst wallet where all my dividends from the assets go into. Burst is looking great right now and we might crack the 1k sats price if it keeps up. I think we could at least see 0.10 USD by the end of the year and maybe $1 in the next year or two.

I whole heartedly agree with you. I think $.10 a coin is something we could see very soon. Personally, I love burst and I still think that it's severely undervalued. I just leave a few hard drives going on solar panel and a raspberry pi in my camper and it's free money for me. I'm not complaining any. This is what sets Burst apart. It doesn't need a whole lot of network usage like storj(which I can't mine because my upload speed is total b.s. and if I mine it, I literally can't do anything else on the internet), It also uses so little power that I have it running off of a solar panel and a raspberry pi. Plus, I already had all the drives i'm using from game consoles and everything else over the years so whatever I make is completely free to me. I invested nothing into mining this coin and have been doing pretty decent on it.
rico666 (OP)
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 07:38:01 AM

I am not trying to bash it but can someone explain to me what is the point of burst? and why should I buy it?
the fact that you can mine it with HDD instead of cpu or gpu is cool but that's all it is and I don't think cool is enough,
I don't see anything that the coin itself have to provide!

Being a "Bitcoin Early Adopter and Proponent" myself, I'm actually getting more and more convinced that PoW "isn't it". You cannot have a crypto of global relevance whose supply is controlled by energy cost and whose only competitive parameters are energy-bound (i.e. how much energy you have at your fingertips and it's price, how efficiently you can turn it into hashes).

Proof of Stake doesn't convince me, because that - in fact - is a stakeholder party: You have some - you get some. You have nothing - you get nothing.

In PoS-based cryptocurrencies the creator of the next block is chosen in a deterministic way, and the chance that an account is chosen depends on its wealth.

Energy-wise, PoC is reasonable and not a plutocracy/oligarchy vehicle such as PoS. BURST - much alike Bitcoin - is the first mover here.
Sure, it has it's problems and faults and other things I don't like. Like shitty software (I actually believe the software devs for BURST are plagued by autism so "shitty" definition here means brilliant on the conceptual level, abysmal shitty on the robustness, security and user experience level). It's can be considered effectively "pre-mined", because it's distribution really favored early adopters way beyond reasonable bounds.

Still, BURST today - while going into it's 3rd year - has nothing to be ashamed of if you compare it with a 3-year old Bitcoin.

arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:39:31 AM

Nothing is impossible, everyone we thought that Cloak coin is dead when BOB finished with him, and look at Bittrex today, Bob will definitely be sorry why he sold so cheap. So be smart and wait..I will collect some just i case, this is a good year..
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:10:58 PM

With the price of burst ranging around just 0.00000880 BTC,it might take a really long time to reach the valuation you are hoping for,either it must have the demand and people have to start accepting it and a couple of new major gambling sites should accept it and then we might see some movement in this coin regarding to the $1 valuation.
rico666 (OP)
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 01:48:21 PM

With the price of burst ranging around just 0.00000880 BTC

How about you have a look at the weekly chart instead of taking a snapshot?

BURST went into epic pump FOMO mode on wednesday. At this rate, (of course unsustainable) it would take 50 days to reach $1.

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 01:00:21 AM

I whole heartedly agree with you. I think $.10 a coin is something we could see very soon. Personally, I love burst and I still think that it's severely undervalued. I just leave a few hard drives going on solar panel and a raspberry pi in my camper and it's free money for me. I'm not complaining any. This is what sets Burst apart. It doesn't need a whole lot of network usage like storj(which I can't mine because my upload speed is total b.s. and if I mine it, I literally can't do anything else on the internet), It also uses so little power that I have it running off of a solar panel and a raspberry pi. Plus, I already had all the drives i'm using from game consoles and everything else over the years so whatever I make is completely free to me. I invested nothing into mining this coin and have been doing pretty decent on it.

Yep 0.10 usd can easily be achieved some time soon and even at that price I still think Burst is undervalued, time will tell if Burst can reach $1 but like I said I think it can but will take a year or two before we see that price however I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen sooner with the current rally going on. I also mine Burst with my brother and even though we don't have a set up like you, our power bill wasn't really much mining this coin so it is profitable to mine even in Australia where electricity prices are very high compared to the rest of the world. 

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
rico666 (OP)
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 07:57:53 AM

Undervalued it is. Still the current "rally" is more of a P&D scheme, so personally I do not expect to see anything near $1 sooner than 2 years.
Also, not only time will cause BURST to raise. It will need some advancement on the software side and more exchanges trading it.
Given the utter shitcoins Kraken is already trading, I wonder why they aren't listing BURST yet.  Wink
On BTC-e you get banned from the trollbox for mentioning BURST even.  Roll Eyes

arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:20:34 PM

Yep 0.10 usd can easily be achieved some time soon and even at that price I still think Burst is undervalued, time will tell if Burst can reach $1 but like I said I think it can but will take a year or two before we see that price however I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen sooner with the current rally going on. I also mine Burst with my brother and even though we don't have a set up like you, our power bill wasn't really much mining this coin so it is profitable to mine even in Australia where electricity prices are very high compared to the rest of the world. 
I think that only important is that this coin is alive and have good community, also it wasn't been pumped this year. Those are my facts why we would expect this now..It is not important how good or bad this project is..

Given the utter shitcoins Kraken is already trading, I wonder why they aren't listing BURST yet.  Wink
On BTC-e you get banned from the trollbox for mentioning BURST even.  Roll Eyes
Wait, i didn't understand this as a fact, is this is a joke or what?
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:28:01 PM

its interesting to understand that there's really a higher chance for this project to move forward as we see that the value keeps fluctuating and the possibility to earn is really good, just wanted to know more about mining and I will try this out after reading more info and more idealistic set up to follow.
hah

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:16:31 PM

I like burst but the community got split into two. There is a lot of drama involving the dev fund and asset scam accusations going around. Burst isn't looking as bright as it use to for me.

Higher Altitude

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:50:48 PM

I have never mined a coin before but this sounds very interesting. I'd love to get started with a Raspberry Pi powered by solar energy. You could do a whole lot of other cool stuff with it. Do you have a tutorial on how to get started and what panel you are using, etc.?
rico666 (OP)
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 10:25:10 PM

Given the utter shitcoins Kraken is already trading, I wonder why they aren't listing BURST yet.  Wink
On BTC-e you get banned from the trollbox for mentioning BURST even.  Roll Eyes
Wait, i didn't understand this as a fact, is this is a joke or what?

It was not meant as a joke - what is ambiguous about what I said?

I didn't mean to say BURST being a shitcoin if that's what you are referring to.
I just meant that there are e.g. on Kraken coins I'd see as being more shitcoins than BURST.

And the BTC-e trollbox ban if you mention BURST is fact. (despite them having NVC and DASH)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: