Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:58:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am new Trading Cryptos and I need Help!  (Read 697 times)
ibenzzz (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:08:26 AM

Hi everyone, I am new to this "trading" thin, and I want to clarify things, I would be glad if you could help me out.

Here's what I've done so far:
-I registered in Poloniex
-Bought some bitcoins at virwox and funded my poloniex account.
-And now I am currently trading BTC/ETC
So, have I done something wrong? If so, what? And what are the best Trading Platforms for Cryptocurrency. And I also want to buy/trade altcoins (ETC,MAID,XRP) with USD (or should i do it with BTC) ? I really don't know if I am in the right path right now. Thanks for the help in advance!
ranreichman

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 11:15:09 AM

Sounds ok, what's wrong?
If you want to buy XRP and other cryptos it's easier to do it with BTC and not fiat
(By the way, you probably meant ETH in the BTC/ETC part of the post)

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:26:59 AM

So, have I done something wrong? If so, what?
you haven't done anything yet to be right or wrong. and your last step is not clear. trading x/y can mean many things. and depending what you really are doing it can be right or wrong.

And what are the best Trading Platforms for Cryptocurrency.
there is no answer for this question. there are only bad platforms that should be avoided such as yobit and the rest are simply average at best.

And I also want to buy/trade altcoins (ETC,MAID,XRP) with USD (or should i do it with BTC) ? I really don't know if I am in the right path right now. Thanks for the help in advance!
usually people do it with bitcoin because they want to increase the amount of bitcoin they hold. and that means a double investment.
you invest your money in bitcoin -> bitcoin price rises -> you use trading to increase that amount of bitcoin -> bitcoin price rises more -> in long run you win bigger than just holding bitcoin.

and for buying them with USD you need to find where they are listed. for example some exchanges such as bitstamp, kraken, btc-e, c-cex have these coins markets for USD too which you can use.

p.s. being on a right path is choosing the right altcoin at the right time. not just buying anything that looks good. if you buy them at a wrong time you will just lose money and if it is the right time and then you sell them at another right time you can consider yourself on the right path

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:32:49 AM

Poloniex is good for trading alts. You should also check bittrex, they are great.
And no, you havent done anything wrong
Natalya

Activity: 147

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:56:20 AM

Just don`t keep all your money in one exchange,it is risky.Each exchange will wanish someday.Right now people have lot of issues with poloniex.
Day trading sometimes may be risky,because price of cryptos may jump 200% in one day,and if you put sell order in bottom of the spike,you will regret it.I prefer long time holding.But you need to find yourself,coin where to invest.I think with ETC you should be ok.STR is also still not pumped.But don`t believe in everything what people telling you in this forum,it is like kingdom of curve mirrors,where sometimes you need to put facts uside down to get clear image.And remeber,what you will never make big money in couple weeks time.Only patient people will be truly rewarded.

If you keep coins in your local wallet,use strong passwords,and always make backups of your wallets.

In last 4 years about 12 exchanges was hacked,and there was stolem tousends of millions $,so it is always better if you will keep your money in your local wallets.Or try to use Blocknet DX exchange.It is decentralized exchange,where all your coins will be kept in your wallets.But they will be ready in Q3 of July.

Wish you good luck!

″ Working on Implementing                 WEBSITE        ANN THREAD
                  DASH's Decentralized Governance,              TERRACOIN 1.0 [ TRC ]  EST 2012                 REDDIT          GITHUB
                     Masternodes and Instant Sent..           TWITTER        BTC GARDEN
ibenzzz (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:47:53 PM

Sounds ok, what's wrong?
If you want to buy XRP and other cryptos it's easier to do it with BTC and not fiat
(By the way, you probably meant ETH in the BTC/ETC part of the post)
I'm trading Ethereum Classic. Here are my steps on buying bitcoins and alot of fees. USD>BTC(Via virwox)>to my blockchain > to my poloniex. Thanks!
ibenzzz (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:55:35 PM

Just don`t keep all your money in one exchange,it is risky.Each exchange will wanish someday.Right now people have lot of issues with poloniex.
Day trading sometimes may be risky,because price of cryptos may jump 200% in one day,and if you put sell order in bottom of the spike,you will regret it.I prefer long time holding.But you need to find yourself,coin where to invest.I think with ETC you should be ok.STR is also still not pumped.But don`t believe in everything what people telling you in this forum,it is like kingdom of curve mirrors,where sometimes you need to put facts uside down to get clear image.And remeber,what you will never make big money in couple weeks time.Only patient people will be truly rewarded.

If you keep coins in your local wallet,use strong passwords,and always make backups of your wallets.

In last 4 years about 12 exchanges was hacked,and there was stolem tousends of millions $,so it is always better if you will keep your money in your local wallets.Or try to use Blocknet DX exchange.It is decentralized exchange,where all your coins will be kept in your wallets.But they will be ready in Q3 of July.

Wish you good luck!

Thanks for your advice!
tittensor

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:16:02 PM

Hi everyone, I am new to this "trading" thin, and I want to clarify things, I would be glad if you could help me out.

So, have I done something wrong? If so, what? And what are the best Trading Platforms for Cryptocurrency. And I also want to buy/trade altcoins (ETC,MAID,XRP) with USD (or should i do it with BTC) ? I really don't know if I am in the right path right now. Thanks for the help in advance!
I not see you have wrong, if you want trading BTC/ETC or other altcoins with USDT, both are good all, USDT can help you earning and take profit safe, not scared the price of Bitcoin down or up, but you will not receive profit from BTC and Altcoin up (x2 profit)
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:58:55 PM

You have done nothing wrong but all the steps you have done are the easy steps, you have drag yourself to the starting line, but now the hard part begins, which is to select the right coins and make money with them, that is not an easy task and most traders are losing traders, so I recommend that you take your time to learn the ropes before investing heavily in any coin.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:00:25 PM

If you want to earn more bitcoin in trading try to buy undervalue coin. Trade it. I am suggesting that monitor the price of that coin. So that you'll know what price is the best to buy and best price to sell. And buy altcoin for short trade and for long trade.
ibenzzz (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:01:11 AM

You have done nothing wrong but all the steps you have done are the easy steps, you have drag yourself to the starting line, but now the hard part begins, which is to select the right coins and make money with them, that is not an easy task and most traders are losing traders, so I recommend that you take your time to learn the ropes before investing heavily in any coin.
Where to start?
John Titor

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:32:42 PM

https://coinmarketcap.com/ this site is useful; always keep track of total coin supply, emission schedule, and keep an eye on how it was distributed when making your decisions.  As long as you in invest in coins with legit development, and buy the dips while holding for the long haul (relatively speaking), you will most likely be fine.

If you try to play the markets on the shorter term, you will probably get rekt.  Never put more than 25% of your crypto holdings into one project, never chase a pump, and don't let yourself get emotionally attached a project
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: