Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:36:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Post your MTGOX SPAM emails, i got some already...  (Read 1652 times)
haydent (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:00:25 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 03:22:08 AM by haydent

this is more for interest than anything: (how did i know it was from this, well it was to another email in the list on the same provider as me and i must have been bcc'd)

Lose 40 lbs and keep it off. Includes Amino Acids. Same Day Free Shipping $59.95

#1 HCG Weight Loss Diet

Lose 40 lbs and keep it off. Includes Amino Acids. Same Day Free Shipping $59.95

http://hcgslimoffice.ru

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:06:08 AM

"We Accept Bitcoins - GBVault"
haydent (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:12:39 AM

actually i got this one extra bit attached onto the bottom of a copy of the some would call spam TradeHill promo referer email:

Helo Bitcoin Firend,

A few hours ago the Bitcoin trading website Mt Gox has been hacked. Malicious individuals have been able to obtain a database containing usernames, email address and encrypted passwords. This information has been posted publicly on the internet.

As a Bitcoin supporter I'm now sending a message to every email address contained in the hacked database. This is to warn you that your username, email address and password have been leaked. I therefore strongly advice you to change your passwords. If you have used the same password on different websites it's highly recommended to change your password on all of your accounts!

For a more secure alternative to Mt Gox, the community appears to be moving to TradeHill. So this is no reason to lose faith in Bitcoin itself. It must be seen as a warning that not every website can be trusted with your data however! Their link is http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R15977.

Sincerely,
A Bitcoin supporter
1ENwoR6KAfAiuH57fqLxX2iCfEANYDdCtd

PS: We do offer undetected multiplayer cheats for Call of Duty and other games!
Checkout http://netcoders.cc and buy your PB or VAC proof copy today with Bitcoins!

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:14:29 AM

"Dear Sir or Madam,

A few hours ago the Bitcoin trading website Mt Gox has been hacked. Malicious individuals have been able to obtain a database containing usernames, email address and encrypted passwords. This information has been posted publicly on the internet.

As a Bitcoin supporter I'm now sending a message to every email address contained in the hacked database. This is to warn you that your username, email address and password have been leaked. I therefore strongly advice you to change your passwords. If you have used the same password on different websites it's highly recommended to change your password on all of your accounts!

For a more secure alternative to Mt Gox, the community appears to be moving to TradeHill. So this is no reason to lose faith in Bitcoin itself. It must be seen as a warning that not every website can be trusted with your data however! Their link is http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R15683 (Note: You can remove the Referral Code when registering if you want!) This is certainly not the only website where you can exchange Bitcoins, also check out http://www.thebitcoinlist.com/dp_bitcoin/bitcoin-exchange/

Sincerely,

A Bitcoin supporter
1CWSjov2N7ix41bZ8bJfHXkdLLbkUsG9Y7"
3txx

Activity: 111
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:15:39 AM

Got this:

Dear Mt.Gox user,

Our database has been compromised, how you already know.

To protect your account in the future, please download  the Certificate (self-extracting archive) from Attachment and install it.

If you were using the same password on Mt.Gox and other places (email, mybitcoin.com, etc),
you should change this password as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies for the troubles caused, and be certain we will do
everything we can to keep the funds entrusted with us as secure as possible.

Any unauthorized access done to any account you own (email, mtgox, etc) should
be reported to the appropriate authorities in your country.

Thanks,
The Mt.Gox team

Attached:

MtGox_client.exe

I'm really sure, it's a Virus/Trojan. Don't download, Email-Adresses seem to be the same - BUT THEY AREN'T
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:17:42 AM

Subject: Was this the last straw with Mt Gox?

The latest in a string of hacks to Mt Gox has made me move to Trade Hill. Use this referral code to get 10% off all trade fees: TH-R13698

http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R13698
haydent (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:23:16 AM

Got this:

Attached:

MtGox_client.exe

I'm really sure, it's a Virus/Trojan. Don't download, Email-Adresses seem to be the same - BUT THEY AREN'T

wow that is quick, thanks a bunch for this heads up !

clint25n

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:37:17 AM

GBVAULT (please read)

I didn't know about this whole stolen account thing until a few mins ago.
And someone just happen to send an email to us today offering to be part of a limited number of vendors to have their bitcoin distribution list. And that their terms of agreement allow us to send 1 email per quarter. I'm out some bitcoins now and feel like a moron. I shoulda looked into it more, but it was too good to be true. After I got through a small part of the list, I received some angry emails. Wish I was bitcoin rich cause I'd be sending one to every person that just got emailed. Sorry guys!
hawks5999

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 03:46:32 AM

A Bitcoin Supporter Bitcoin@unknown.com

Dear Sir or Madam,

For a more secure alternative to Mt Gox, the community appears to be moving to TradeHill. So this is no reason to lose faith in Bitcoin itself. It must be seen as a warning that not every website can be trusted with your data however! Their link is http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R15683 (Note: You can remove the Referral Code when registering if you want!) This is certainly not the only website where you can exchange Bitcoins, also check out http://www.thebitcoinlist.com/dp_bitcoin/bitcoin-exchange/

Sincerely,

A Bitcoin supporter
1CWSjov2N7ix41bZ8bJfHXkdLLbkUsG9Y7

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.