Author Topic: Edited  (Read 716 times)
TrabajoDeLaNoche (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:08:09 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 06:34:24 PM by TrabajoDeLaNoche

Edited
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nu1mlock

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:10:49 PM

While you are correct in that it's a terrible deal, you were the one purchasing the pack in the first place. You could've just bought components somewhere else.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:26:18 PM

The site sent you what he was promoting right ? So if the price is fair or not is totally fall on you you should have price check anything before buying it

not after you do buy . Ya the deal is terrible but I am afraid nothing you can do here .
TrabajoDeLaNoche (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:28:14 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 06:34:57 PM by TrabajoDeLaNoche

edited
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:30:32 PM

This is stupid, you decided to buy, you were delivered exactly what you were promised, on time and in perfect working order.  You have no basis here and are just complaining because you want some money back.

I have ordered many bundles from GPUshack and they have always been delivered on time and with exactly what I ordered, how many companies can you say do this in the bitcoin space currently?  I will continue to buy from them.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
TrabajoDeLaNoche (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:35:21 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 06:35:05 PM by TrabajoDeLaNoche

edited
boatznhoes

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:36:00 PM

It's also up to him to let this topic online or to take it down, it will soon be on Google and in the first results for gpushack.com review.
What I stated is true, he is the one listing at 359 USD a pack that is worth no more than 200 USD.
This is a review of my purchase, nothing else. Future buyers when doing due dilligence will see this topic and decide to buy somewhere else.

Also I should be able to cancel an order if i'm unhappy with it, buyer protection should exist on internet too.

He provides a service. You didn't just get a Mobo. You got mobo, SSD, ram, CPU and ethos. Could you have gotten it cheaper on your own? Sure but you didn't. It's hard for people to figure out what motherboards to use. He provides a service making a simple plug and play bundle. You knew what you were buying.
TrabajoDeLaNoche (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:42:52 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 06:35:09 PM by TrabajoDeLaNoche

edited
6ixnogood

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:00:34 PM

Its your job as a consumer to do due diligence before you buy.
GPU shack extra cost is for a few reasons -->

1. its a package deal, you get all your parts at once.
2. If you use ethOS, they GUARANTEE that all hardware will work. AKA they will chat with you, provide support, etc.

GPU shack is for lazy people who want everything at once.
If you wanted 'top-of-the-line' stuff you should have gone and picked everything out yourself.
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:01:51 PM

Hello,

After I order this pack https://gpushack.com/collections/gpushack/products/copy-of-mobo-cpu-ram-ethos-bundle-for-8-gpus I received a mothercard that is available everywhere for 139 USD...

This is not what I would call a good deal. Also the seller don't answer to any emails.

Avoid this service at all costs.

If the seller comes here and wants me to delete my topic please refund me at least half the price I paid on Paypal to make this a fair deal.

Best regards,

Noob,

For you this is probably a good deal.

This and many other mining message boards are crawling with noobs whining about how to get X cards working on Y motherboard. This company guarantees that what they sold you works with 8 cards.  FWIW, they are selling you an engineered package guaranteeing a certain performance.  This is the value they add.

I've probably invested at least 30 hours in working out how to get the motherboards I use setup and working with information from this and the ethereum forum mining board.

The sensible way to view this experience is to figure that the extra $200+ that you spent saved Z amount in your labor.

If you were going to expand, the cost of adding additional miners just went down because you were shown the correct MB settings and the operating system setup with this configuration.

I think it's somewhat of a scam on your part to demand that people who sell their expertise to charge little or nothing for their time. Your time is certainly not more precious.

Zimmsquad

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:04:16 PM

Can you give me an example of any business in the world that allows you to only pay them their cost for products? I'll wait...

Maybe while you're at it you should contact your ISP and tell them they're charging you more than what it costs to provide you internet so you deserve a refund, or maybe mcdonalds too, because surely they are also charging you more than what it costs to make the food

You call for him to review his business model? Their current business model is selling product for more than what it costs them. You want them to sell products for what is costs them. That is not a business, welcome to capitalism, read about it
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:05:12 PM

Cheapest ram, cheapest cpu and cheapest usb stick. To know what motherboard to use you can Google it. I thought I was going to receive the best of the best cards in that pack, not some cheap card. Anyway I didn't say anything untrue in this topic, so I don't see where is the problem.

If it's a problem for the seller or anybody else that I stated the truth then he should review his business model.

There's your problem. You assumed something that is not stated anywhere in the listing. The seller guarantee's the components in the bundle will work together for a good OOBE mining setup. Not top of line components or the cheapest option. If you know what components to get on your own, then why didn't you do so?
ben8jam

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:32:51 PM

A fool and their money....
miner417

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:48:03 PM

As it's already been stated. You paid for a guaranteed 8 card mobo package. If you didn't buy this, would you have had any clue on the correct motherboard to purchase to run 8 cards? People ask here ALL the time on how to get x cards working on y motherboards, and most of the time it's just not possible. People see 6-8 PCIE slots and just assume it'll work, but in now way does it work like that.
poisson

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 04:08:16 PM

As much as I dislike gpushack, what you received still fits the description and I don't think you're entitled to a refund.

However, you still have a right to review a shitty product as a consumer. I see a bunch of people on this thread riding gpushacks dick to validate their seemingly unrealized overpriced bundle purchase. I'm not sure who in their right mind would drop $360 when all could be had for <$200.
f5alcon

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 04:11:23 PM

They make about $75 profit on the kits, I bought one, now know exactly what parts to buy on my own. Also bought their case for $250, raised my temps a lot over the dishracks I was using. They offer a good service for beginners but they could do a lot more to get repeat business.
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:40:52 PM

It's also up to him to let this topic online or to take it down, it will soon be on Google and in the first results for gpushack.com review.
What I stated is true, he is the one listing at 359 USD a pack that is worth no more than 200 USD.
This is a review of my purchase, nothing else. Future buyers when doing due dilligence will see this topic and decide to buy somewhere else.

Also I should be able to cancel an order if i'm unhappy with it, buyer protection should exist on internet too.

Entitled fucking prick, where do you get off DEMANDING they sell products at COST to you? THE POINT OF A BUSINESS IS TO MAKE A PROFIT!!!

If the service/goods they sell perform as advertised HOW can you possibly complain? Of course they are going to use the cheapest mobo capable of 8 cards.... why would you waste money on more expensive boards that offer NO tangible benefit?Huh

Simple facts here, you wanted a plug n play setup that was guaranteed to work, you PAID for the PRIVILEGE. Could it have been done cheaper? Sure, but you would have had to do actual work, I know, you're probably allergic or adverse to that....

How is it only worth $200?

Mobo - $139

Eth OS flash drive - $40, Eth OS does cost $40 a license you know.... a cheap flash drive has nothing to do with it.

RAM - 4 GB - $30

G3930 - $42

Total = $251 and thats not counting the free shipping which I promise you cost at least $10 bare minimum, closer to $20 more likely.

So $261-271 BARE MINIMUM.

I dont give a fuck about "gpu shack" but as someone who runs a small business, I would tell you to go fuck yourself in NO uncertain words. Especially with that negative review extortion BS that you implied above.

And you wonder why they dont answer your emails.... I still cant believe the attitude you have. Simply unreal.
TrabajoDeLaNoche (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:59:57 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 06:35:14 PM by TrabajoDeLaNoche

edited
smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:03:46 PM

if you don't see any added value in the motherboard he sent you why have you not named the model?

i think you're more upset that you weren't able to research properly yourself before paying for this or else you would be linking directly to amazon pricing for the same mobo you were sent.

how did you pay for the kit?

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:04:02 PM

It seems I only received a MOBO and CPU, at MyUS it doesn't show anything else in my dashboard at the moment. I hope they just forgot to add those items to my dashboard because I don't have yet RAM nor USB with EthOS. I was very surprised to see only MOBO and CPU, but concerning this issue I'm waiting to see if the problem was MyUS who forgot to add the items or not.

Also you forgot that those are MSRP prices, the margin is made by buying those items from the brand directly.

At 139 MSRP they still make a good margin, or nobody would be selling this stuff.

The main point here is, you paid for the expertise and convenience of that company putting that bundle together. By no means is it a ripoff, seems a very fair value to me for someone who doesn't know what they are doing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: