Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:42:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bit-blender.com - SCAM!!  (Read 1081 times)
wubaluva (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:26:29 PM

What happened::
I use a legit tumbler (http://bitblendervrfkzr.onion) but had misplaced the URL so I googled 'bit blender' and the top result returned was 'www.bit-blender.com‎'. This site is a clone of the existing bit-blender website, looks exactly the same and in my haste I carelessly browsed to the login page and entered my credentials. I was granted access to the site and was presented with a bitcoin wallet address on the deposit page which, looks more or less the same as the actual site. I fired off 0.04379088 BTC over to the deposit address provided on the site (1Lcniq4v61f8mhqERqa22RqaSwZDL75SJN) and waited for signs of activity. When an hour had passed with no change I became concerned and checked out the support page. I looked on blockchain.info and verified that the transaction had been confirmed 6 times already so raised an inquiry on the support page of bit-blender.com. Not surprisingly I received no response and started getting suspicious. That's when I twigged and realised that I was not on the genuine site and had been scammed. I went back to bit-blender.com and logged in again using made up credentials, which were accepted. If you go to the deposit page you just get a random bitcoin wallet address each time. The actual bitblender site shows all the wallet addresses you've used before and how much BTC you've received on each address historically. Obviously this is not present on the scam site. I did spot this but just assumed the site had been updated and they had taken the decision not to present this information on the deposit page anymore. Clearly had other things on my mind... Bit of a nightmare but lesson learned. Hopefully this helps someone in the future. I cannot see any information anywhere about this scam site so presumably is relatively new. WHOIS information shows this domain was Created on 2017-02-21, Updated on 2017-06-12. It's managed by namecheap so I might get in touch with them and explain what has happened.

Scammers Profile Link:

https://www.bit-blender.com

Reference Link:

NA

Amount Scammed:

0.04379088BTC/£93.00

Payment Method:

Bitcoins

Proof of Payment:

https://blockchain.info/address/1Lcniq4v61f8mhqERqa22RqaSwZDL75SJN

PM/Chat Logs:

NA

Additional Notes:

None - It's all explained above
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:18:40 PM

Bad luck, always check the url before sending any money. Also there is quite difference between onion domains and com domains, so you need to be more careful. Anyways since they are advertising on google, you could tell your situation to google and maybe they'll be able to help you. I do not think namecheap will be able to do that, and probably if they are smart the site is made pretty anonymously after all.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:12:38 AM

Are you sure that the first one who appear on google page this fake website? I tried it on my browset but it appears the bitblender.io not the fake one. It's really recommended that you have to double or even tripled checked the url once you want to use this kind of service because there's already too many clone site such service like this that wants to scam people.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:12:10 AM

Are you sure that the first one who appear on google page this fake website? I tried it on my browset but it appears the bitblender.io not the fake one. It's really recommended that you have to double or even tripled checked the url once you want to use this kind of service because there's already too many clone site such service like this that wants to scam people.

Yeah. As you can see from the image below, google ads shows scam sites on their ads. However this is not a new thing, it has always been like that since i do not think they really filter out that much of the ads they put up

As you can see, there is bitblender clone site and bitmixer clone site, which are meant to scam users. If it is advertised on google ads, that should ring a bell already.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
chalisto

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:15:28 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2017, 08:27:04 AM by chalisto

you need to double and triple check you are sending to the right address
mrLoretti

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:13:33 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2019, 07:16:25 PM by mrLoretti

Hello, guys
Recently I tried to mix some amount of bitcoins and my choice fell on Bitblender bitcoin mixer.
After exploring the web I found hyperlink to this mixing service and deposit my bitcoins to the BB balance.
BitBlender URL: BitBlender Bitcoin Mixer
Deposited amount was appeared on bitblender balance, but withdraw lasts almost two days and I received only small part of my coins (~36%)
How long is going on?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: