Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2024, 01:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding the Basics: A Pool Mining for Another Pool?  (Read 432 times)
3lij4hB (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:50:14 PM

Hi,

I am trying to learn more about the basics of mining. While I think I get some of the basics I am still quite puzzled ...

The case is as follows (just for education purposes - in theory):
I have access to 100 office workstations. Each workstation can mine at a lazy rate when alone. If they all unite and work for a pool (Lets call it MOTHER) they may get a decent rate of mining but still not enough to yield anything worthwhile mentioning.

My questions as follows:
1- Can Mother mine for a bigger pool (as a single worker)? (I assume yes)
2- Can Mother take a large share from an external pool and divide into smaller chunks for it's workers?
3- Let's say that some machines have better CPUs, and some even have GPUs, is it possible to Mother send different shares to Mother of CPU and Mother of GPU and those in turn will send their workers smaller or bigger shares accordingly?
4- How will this chain affect the quality of submitted shares?

Thanks,
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:16:31 AM

They DON'T get a decent rate of mining.
You need about 500,000 CPUs, proxied, to get a decent rate of mining equivalent on one single miner.

Your "theory" is called: "How can I get someone else to pay the mining bill for me"
The results of your "theory" would be pointless and produce next to nothing and cost "someone else" a lot of money.

Basically, it's called stealing. Hopefully you'll get caught.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
3lij4hB (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:33:33 AM

They DON'T get a decent rate of mining.
You need about 500,000 CPUs, proxied, to get a decent rate of mining equivalent on one single miner.

Your "theory" is called: "How can I get someone else to pay the mining bill for me"
The results of your "theory" would be pointless and produce next to nothing and cost "someone else" a lot of money.

Basically, it's called stealing. Hopefully you'll get caught.

WOW! Calm down laddy...

I don't have access to 100 pc, and this is an example, in theory, for me to better understand the basics...
Since when people became so hostile simply for reading a question which states in the THIRD LINE just for education purposes - in theory - i.e. NOT REAL
3lij4hB (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:01:38 PM

Can anyone at least suggest documentation / educational resource on the matter?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: