Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:24:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant import private key.  (Read 465 times)
The-coiner (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:28:32 PM

I have wallet in blockchain.info.I am trying to import it to electrum.But When import the private key i get a address other than my address and there is no bitcoin in it.Any help with it?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:44:27 PM

I have wallet in blockchain.info.I am trying to import it to electrum.But When import the private key i get a address other than my address and there is no bitcoin in it.Any help with it?

How you exported the private keys from Blockchain.info? If the keys are old, It's possible that you moved them to the HD wallet at some point. If the funds are in the HD wallet indeed (one of It addresses) then you must follow this tutorial to export the private keys. I doubt this problem is coming from electrum, It wouldn't make sense to generate another address expect the correct one from a private key.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:51:35 PM

Blockchain.info exports the private keys in compressed form. You have to convert the keys as shown in the following post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1970345.msg19609200#msg19609200

You should be able to import them after doing that.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:42:02 AM

Are you sure that you import the right private keys from your blockchain.info wallet? If not maybe you can follow this steps exporting your private keys How to Export Blockchain.info's Private Key. It's using the bip39 generator from iancoleman.
Or you can just paste the seed from your blockchain wallet to your electrum.

Note that if you have the different format of wallet instead of Bip39 since the HD wallet of blockchain is using Bip39 format, then it will not works.
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:31:30 AM

If you are having difficulties and can't import the private key you can send all your balance to Electrum from blockchain.info and start using Electrum.

If you are obsessed of importing the private key, then use Mycellium, as it is BIP39 wallet and uses the same seed as blockchain.info
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:26:18 AM

you can restore from your blockchain.info seed. you don't have to muck about with private keys. during the restoration process when you are asked to enter the seed make sure to click on options and check bip39

you can begin the process with file > new/restore.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: