Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:12:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people pray?  (Read 7314 times)
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:18:11 AM

Calling on to a higher power gives people a sense of control. Humans like that. That's why they do stuff like light up candles and pray and give offerings. Humans have been trying to buy gods' favors for a long time.
People pray to have peace of mind. Praying is a time to give thanks in everything you have because it is a blessing for you and also for the good health and strenght given to us.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cocobrayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:14:41 PM

I or the people pray because they or I want forgiveness in their sins or wrongs. In every religion must do so in my opinion this is a prayer
ezramie08

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:00:08 PM

people pray in order for us to communicate with GOD.
its better to pray everyday not only when you were going to church it also allow praying  at house or everywhere.
people praying maybe be because they want to give thanks to GOD for all the blessings he give,or it also because they asking for forgiveness, and maybe they are praying for something they want  .
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:08:19 PM

people pray in order for us to communicate with GOD.
its better to pray everyday not only when you were going to church it also allow praying  at house or everywhere.
people praying maybe be because they want to give thanks to GOD for all the blessings he give,or it also because they asking for forgiveness, and maybe they are praying for something they want  .

Yes I agree with you.  It is our way to communicate with our Creator.  Thanking him for all the blessings we received everyday and for taking good care of us.  It is also our way of asking Him what we want.  Through prayers we can hinor and glorify and worship Him.  It is also way to feel that you are close with Him and that He is just like our father here on earth that we can talk to. 
merchantofzeny

Merit: 279

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:23:27 PM

Even when I was religious, I don't really like those people who openly pray outside their homes or church. Too me it all seems like virtue-signalling.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Way back then, I really preferred to just keep it at home. Heck, I don't even do the "actual" praying with the sign of the cross thingie. I just prayed silently. I was fond of rosaries when I was a kid though and collected several prayer booklets which I never used anyway.
lepbagong

Activity: 2296
Merit: 121

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:22:47 PM

Surely as a person who believes "to pray" is a communication between who has provided all the necessities with who can enjoy it (just like parent communication to his son). Should "pray" be an obligation at all times, to express what happened, even though he was all-knowing. But many are in new trouble wanting to "pray", why?

mobilezz

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:07:14 PM

Those who do not have hope for the future are praying. Those who are in a difficult life situation pray and pray for help. Thus, people want some higher power to simply solve all their problems

earthpocket

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:12:29 PM

We pray because God exists, because we are created to worship the creator
Wait... Are you telling me that's the reason of our existence? What a lame life.
Jingjing12345

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:52:51 AM

Praying is one of the many ways to communicate to our god. People pray to thank god for the blessings, to ease their pain, to help them to get what they want. Many people are praying hoping that something may come to change their life.Hoping that people will love each other and stop the fights. There are so many reasons to pray. Even the people who don't believe in god pray when they don't know what to do for some situations.

C
Finally C is!!!
oberotek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:40:22 AM

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:44:51 AM

Praying is one of the many ways to communicate to our god. People pray to thank god for the blessings, to ease their pain, to help them to get what they want. Many people are praying hoping that something may come to change their life.Hoping that people will love each other and stop the fights. There are so many reasons to pray. Even the people who don't believe in god pray when they don't know what to do for some situations.

Well, it makes we wonder if the atheist even say the word of God when they faces difficulties in life or in an instant situation.  For sure they are.   Wink  When I was in college everytime I passed this city, I always read " Pray hard it works" and that was my favorite place since then.  And I am always thinking of that post everytime I faced difficulties.  I am thinking the power of prayer that it will happen when I just pray hard.  We pray not only to said to God our wants and needs but to thank Him for all the blessings we have in life.
Pubg_man205

Activity: 114

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:06:29 AM

People need to believe in something and somehow turn to the higher powers, so they came up with a prayer for treatment. Although I think that God can hear us without prayer.

saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:13:16 PM

People pray cos':

1. For protection
2. Giving thanks
3. Appreciating Dearest Lord
4. Communicating with Dearest Lord

Most of the people are praying for their needs which is necessary.

Vires in Numeris
Kulang

Activity: 239

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:35:08 PM

People pray cos':

1. For protection
2. Giving thanks
3. Appreciating Dearest Lord
4. Communicating with Dearest Lord

Most of the people are praying for their needs which is necessary.
People pray in order to give thanks to all the blessings the Lord has given. Also, we pray for guidance and for the forgiveness of our sins. It is the only way in order to communicate with our Lord. It is as if we are facing the Lord or speaking to a friend who is always willing to listen to all of our worries.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:38:22 PM

People pray if they are ill or they are afraid of something

merchantofzeny

Merit: 279

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:12:54 PM

LOL, that's a funny quote.
mybedisall4mee

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:15:21 AM

Prayer is a spiritual sustenance, and perhaps we have many things we want, and we can not have it in our lives. Then we need to pray and give us hope and let us be mentally satisfied.
Sure, but they need to understand they can pray anywhere and not just in curch or similar...
Kaye

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:45:48 AM

For ACTS
ADORATION - to give God praise and honor for who he is as Lord over all.

CONFESSION: to honestly deal with the sin in your prayer life.

THANKSGIVING: to verbalize what you're grateful for in your life and in the world around you.

SUPPLICATION: to pray for the needs of others and yourself.
MugenChild

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:37:47 AM

I am going to tell you my own personal reason why I pray. I usually pray right after I wake up, before a meal, before leaving home , and before going to sleep. I pray because praying gives me a sense of security, praying makes me feel safe, and it makes me think and feel that God is always there for me and He will never let anything bad happen to me. If ever there happens to be something bad that happened to me, I am sure that God did his best to eliminate the other negativity and that was just a small problem.
LeeMinHoa

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:48:59 AM

people are praying because in their belief in god and there is only one creator they called god the only son of our jesus christ is the only one we can assured, we can hears and answers our prayer.

prayer is the only way to a real and personal relationship with our god,jesus christ is our lord and savior when you pray there we will receive
his mercy,and we will find grace when we need it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: