Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people pray?  (Read 7314 times)
PepperaOnIt

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:59:23 PM

Some people i know is praying for there own goodness like if your a gambler, you pray for winning the money and if your a poor you'll pray for your everyday food for survival but some of them like my family is praying for the  safety of beloved once

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:49:57 PM

,They pray because they believe in salvation and they have faith to the ones they are praying. They might pray for blessings, good health, peace of mind, or maybe wealth and money. Some also pray for their enemies to become blessed and some do the vice versa. Some may pray just to ask goodness but it is already a good prayer to say thanks to all of his blessings, its enough to be happy.
AgonyPaid

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:18:30 PM

Some people i know is praying for there own goodness like if your a gambler, you pray for winning the money and if your a poor you'll pray for your everyday food for survival but some of them like my family is praying for the  safety of beloved once

There are many reasons for prayers. But is there any sense in such actions? Does God really care about people? I think that prayer is a way of self-suggestion and complacency. Prayed - it means everything will be fine

tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 04:58:49 PM

As a means to communicate with one's creator, "God". Most times when we need something or we need some answers, praying matters. It all depends on each religion and how the prayer is done, but I am sure we all pray for thesame reasons. Likening that to asking one's parents for something, you communicate it right? Cause without that, they will have no idea what you want. We know God is supernatural who knows what we want before we even ask, but from the christian perspective, it is more like a commandment and something that is necessary to always o to be able to achieve results.
SativaDiva

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

23. English BA. OnlyFans.com/MistressLovely

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 09:39:30 PM

If you really think about it, you are being a total douche when you pray for anything

You are basically telling god... that you know what is best, more than god does

By praying, you are saying...
"Hey god, I know you don't want to give me a new car, but I want it anyway"
"Screw your perfect/divine plan god, I want a new car... me me me me me me, it's all about me"

If it is god's will... why are you trying to change god's will?

Do you really think you know better than god does?

Or, are people just selfish and don't care what god has planned?

People pray because as humans adapting to modern society we have become accustomed to thinking we are entitled to the world, that the world owes us something. People who aren't even religious pray and the fact of the matter is, a pray is a wish. Words have manifestation properties and what you say is what you get; not all of the time though. Praying shows us just how entitled we feel that we are. The world does not owe us anything and we do not owe it anything. We were all meant to exist.
Peregrines

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:01:12 PM

If you really think about it, you are being a total douche when you pray for anything

"Screw your perfect/divine plan god, I want a new car... me me me me me me, it's all about me"

People pray because this is their way to communicate God. Praying can guide us to do good.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:14:35 PM

Maybe prayer is their way of meditation? How can we expect God's help if there is no example of the fact that it helps. Even the dog to learn the command you want to give encouragement. A man can only hope without evidence. I think it's stupid.
gccaalim

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:10:04 PM

Praying does not mean that you need something from God. Prayers may come in different forms. You can pray in times of happiness and blissfulness; this is prayer of thanksgiving. I usually pray for guidance and strength from the Lord. Praying for me is speaking to God; like a daughter to her father telling him everything that happened, everything you dream and want. Of course, we are all aware that he already knows everything that we do, it's like an acknowledgement that we still depend on Him and we trust Him our lives everyday. It is a matter of spiritual faith.

kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:40:53 PM

pray is asking,and if you asking something,did you really know what the best for you?you ask what you want,and sometimes god give you what you need.
people pray for what they want,gods answer with her own way,if god give all you want at the first time you ask,then you will not know how to patience,and you will leave god,so people pray for profing that they believe in god.
attentionSicker

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:54:59 AM

Most of us think that praying is a way to talk to god and ask something from him. But for me, praying is a way to encourage and motivate oneself to achieve what you really wants.
It helps you to calm your mind and set everything in order knowing that someone(God) is watching you and will guide you to achieve your goals.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
sedrick

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:11:47 AM

According to me, people pray to god either for there personal needs or sometimes pray for something to happen which they like. But they dont understand that god has a plan and nothing will change even if they pray. But, the Bible presents prayer as much more than just a form of therapy. It tells us that someone really is listening to prayers that are made in the right way and for the right things.
deejhay

Activity: 119

for future

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:18:03 AM

people pray when they want to lift heavy burdens in their heart, well some of them,
most just pray when they want something but dont want to exert extra effort to achieve it, or want something to happen and they got no option left other than to pray for it.
few who are able to see how blessed human are pray to thank for blessing

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:18:35 AM

Because life can suck and humanity as a general rule wants a collective power to build up all our combined energies to create an entity that can do stuff, kind of like a Spirit Bomb or a psychic channel for humans to operate in, mixing Sci-Fi with magic and power levels.
But in general just for the sake of self comfort more less when an unknown occurs.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:43:53 PM

You know sometimes when we are going through some challenges we always need someone to talk to right? Just put God in the position of that person to talk to. That is why we pray. Also, I am sure some situations are beyond us as well which may not be designed by God. I can list certain examples from my perspective as a Christian but praying is like asking God to help solve those situations beyond us.  Sometimes, you need to ask to get result, you can't just keep quiet. After all,  as a Christian, we have been asked to ask, seek and knock. Apparently you can only do those via prayer.
zhuiyi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:06:24 AM

Praying is only free sometimes you can release what you can't say. Praying is not bad it's called faith. God said that "people who believe without saw him/her have more blessing than a person who believe if he/she saw in him/her eyes". Don't judge others by faith in God.
Prayer can make me feel relaxed, I like to pray, because I feel this is a way to close contact with God.
millionaireshs1

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:54:52 AM

Some people pray to praise God or give thanks for blessings, they are so much eager to worship God. But there people that pray only when they want to get something, too much self-centered, selfishness..
zz0233

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:09:47 AM

I am a Christian, often looking at some biblical books, which often make me feel shocked that prayer can make me enjoy the spirit.
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:26:54 PM

I think the reason why people pray is that, it's their belief and devotion. It's their way of talking to God. Some pray just because of desperation but whatever the reason is, it's all ends in the same reason, we pray because we believe God will hear it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bombard1

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:08:43 PM

Because a person gets hope and luck
VasyaPupkin

Activity: 322

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:59:33 PM

Because a person gets hope and luck

When a person has hope, a person strives for something and struggles for his own happiness. In this struggle, he often turns to God. Some ask for help and therefore read certain prayers

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: