Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:59:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea Validation : Clone Assembly.com (the old one) as an Altcoin App  (Read 194 times)
tabims (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:16:23 PM

My name is Patrick, I'm a php developer (Laravel) in Utah.

I absolutely loved Assembly.com and was sad when they shut down, if you don't know what they were here's an overview from waybackmachine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150319201513/https://assembly.com/help/basics

The idea is sort of like a multi-level steem variant.

• The site will list projects, you can submit, up/down vote, and comment on project ideas.
  • You earn parent coins for all actions on the site OUTSIDE scope of a project. I.e. public areas.
  • When a project is greenlit -- i.e. people have shown interest and some developers are on board to start coding it - and it has enough steam, then a new altcoin will be issued for this side project.
    • The founder/concept maker gets 10% of coins which are also 1:1 share of revenues of the project when it's live, for instance if it's a mobile app and does $5k/month in ads from app store, then you'll get 10% of that.
    • Each user participating will receive coins for contributions to code, solving code bounties, and just participating in private community chats/forum discussions about the project.  Multiple users can submit issues then the coin cost per item to fix is voted on by team. Could maybe have a trello-like board or just simply trello-integration to and some sort of planning poker mechanism so users can vote on how long it'll take then apply points based on that... A max of 50% of coins can be given out as premine to team members building the app.
    • At launch 50% of remaining coins are then divided amongst the founding team equaly - and an ICO is held to raise funding for the startup to market/expand, and grow. All coins STILL carry with them the promise of % stake in net revenue. So if company brings in 10k recurring revenue monthly, and you own 10% of coins in circulation then you get $1000 per month revenue.
  • A percent of all revenues from all companies will also go into a pool. This pool will be shared based on ownership of parent coins. Founding devs (of the parent site/app) will have no more than 20% combined of the parent coins premine split amongst them, unless they buy during an ICO event for the parent site, out of pocket. The rest is divvied by user actions to earn said coins. Or an ico event possibly to raise funding if needed for development. 

This is the gist with some things open to suggestion... but essentially -- build apps/dapps/sideprojects under the umbrella, and share rewards across the board.  Might be cool also that when doing actions under a project coin you ALSO earn parent-coin tokens --to encourage more people to work on projects.  We could even have some open-source/non-profit projects where the incentive is the parent coin they will be getting for the actions which -- you'll get more coins per action under a private project than the main public areas of the site.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tabims (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:27:22 PM

I should also mention - if anyone wants to help build this, please let me know thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: