Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:47:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 grand.. 5 coins... 5 years  (Read 1984 times)
mamse44 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:56:18 AM

If you could pick 5 coins to invest 1 grand each for 5 years which ones would you pick?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:59:49 AM

You should have Ark as one of the five.
lockonsk232

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:57:53 AM

why??/
CryptoPro3

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Money loves speed

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:59:16 AM

why??/

Because it's in his sig campaign Smiley

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
THE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEED
▩▬ DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE ▬▩
Dikobit

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:50:26 AM

i think 5 years is too far away, i would invest only in bit, waves and maybe eth just to be sure it will not burn meanwhile
nopedope89
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059

FROSTING

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:54:19 AM

Zcash
Iconomi
Cofound
Status
Bancor

.next-generation social media service.
██   based on blockchain technology ██
                      ▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
           ▄▄█████▀    ▄ ▀███▄   ▀▀█████▄
       ▄▄█████▀       ██▄ ▀███▄      ▀▀█████▄
      ▐███▀▀        ▄█████  ████         ▀███▌
      ▐███         ████▀███▄ ▀███         ███▌
      ▐███        ████  ▀███▄ ▀███▄       ███▌
      ▐███      ▄███▀ ▄█  ███▌ ▐███▌      ███▌
      ▐███     ▄███▀ ████  ▀██▓  ████     ███▌
      ▐███    ████  ███▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄   ███▌
      ▐███   ████ ▄███▀ ▄██████████████▄  ███▌
      ▐██▀ ▄███▀ ▄███▒                    ███▌
      ▐█▀ ▄███▀ █████████████████████████████▌
         ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
           ▀▀█████▄▄             ▄█████▀▀
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀███▀ ████▄ ███ ███▀▀▀▀▀
     ███▄▄▄▄ ███   ▐██▌▐██▄  ▐██ ▐██████  ███▄▄▄▄▄   ██▌    ▓██  █████▄███ ██▌ ▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀  ███   ▐██▌▐███▀███▀ ▐██        ▀▀▀▀██▌  ██▌    ▓██  ███ █████ ██▌   ███
     ██▌     ▀████████ ▐██   ██▌ ▐███████░████████   ██▌   █████ ███  ▀███ ▀████████
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
jono_t2000

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 11:06:49 AM

If you are going long, like 5 years long.. then my picks would be;

1)Unobtanium - small total coin circulation and it will take 200 years for all unobtanium to be mined, their goal was to get to a price of around $200,000 USD I believe. They label themselves as the Platinum to Bitcoins gold

2)Antshares(Neo) - The Chinese Ethereum, just getting started but already looks a million times better than Ethereum does.

3)Nexus - Goal is to decentralize not just the internet but the world - has already launched rockets into space and is very promising

4)Humaniq - Just moved to the silicon valley and has a very big project in helping those less fortunate in Africa and other places

5)Quantum Resistant Ledger - As binary code hits the dark ages, quantum computing is becoming more and more mainstream with google already making a 49 qubit chip. Quantum Resistant Ledger are one of only a few who are already able to provide support in preventing attacks on this type of computing.

All I can say is whatever you choose to hold make sure you do hold for the full 5 years and dont go panick selling and chopping and changing if your coins are making a loss to start with

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:00:58 PM

Nice topic and nice question mate... I'm curious to see what people will say!

My 5 coins are:

Waves (Waves)
VeriCoin (VRC)
MaidSafe (MAID)
Monero (XMR)
WingsDao (Wings)

If I can add one, Stratis or Verge are my personal bet.
okkez

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:02:48 PM

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ans, IOTA & Ripple
Moon_Man

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:05:55 PM

bitcoin and monero
BTCIV

Activity: 126
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:26:55 PM

Monero Waves these 2 are really undervalued now huge future potential
Stratis (still a good pick but not my favourite)
Antshare ( good project huge potential but little risky now if they don't deliver)
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:32:59 PM

Currently I am only invested in two, bitcoin and nem. But if I need to pick 5 coins, maybe I will go with eth, waves and ripple to complete the 5. Eth because I think it achieved a lot in a small time.
SportbetMaster

Activity: 625
Merit: 254

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:41:02 PM

If you could pick 5 coins to invest 1 grand each for 5 years which ones would you pick?
We will not go to the opposite direction of life and reality
1 BTC    25%
2 ETH    15%
3 ETC    05%
4 WAVE 10%
5 HMQ   45%

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:47:40 PM

I would definitely pick Monero as one of the 5 coins.

Government agencies are working VERY hard right now to track bitcoin users.
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/project-titanium-eus-plan-decloak-cryptocurrency/
This is only one program of many.

Privacy is going to become very important in the next two or three years and Monero is one of the most stable coins.
Dash and Zcash will gladly work with Law Enforcement because the only thing they care about is the price of their coins and investment from corporate sponsors.
(ZCash has stated they will work with LE and Dash is #1 not private because all transactions are recorded in masternodes and #2 a partner with Coinfirm to make their blockchain AML/KYC compliant)

Monero will be one of the only anonymous currencies in the future you can trust.
Verge XVG and Zcoin XZC might also be good privacy coins but need a little more time to develop.

Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:59:50 PM

Well I would like to invest in bitcoin , more than 10 milions of USD if I had them Smiley , the CEO from BlockChain wallet , told in a interview that Bitcoin could reach over $500,000 in 2030 year
The second coin I would like to invest would be Zcash , is a nice coin for mining and it has grown up very much from 40$ to 350$ , exactly as Ethereum.
With a investition of 2.500$ , you can get monthly 800$ , so you can cover your investition in 2-3 months Smiley
Third choice is Ripple . The Banking system is trying to catch up on what Bitcoin did to them. The only thing stoping bitcoin right now is slow rate of adoption. Ripple pivoted into the banking market and recently closed a deal with SBI Bank, one of the main financial institution in Asia.
4th choice Factom is another fantastic cryptocurrency that used to be called “Notary Chain” that should grow by a lot this year.
And 5th will be Minexcoin ( will be released soon on the market and I trust this coin )
Smiley
taner32

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:10:27 PM

just WAVES
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:22:25 PM

Pascalcoin 100%.
Tolrem

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:26:51 PM

I would definitely pick Monero as one of the 5 coins.

Government agencies are working VERY hard right now to track bitcoin users.
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/project-titanium-eus-plan-decloak-cryptocurrency/
This is only one program of many.

Privacy is going to become very important in the next two or three years and Monero is one of the most stable coins.
Dash and Zcash will gladly work with Law Enforcement because the only thing they care about is the price of their coins and investment from corporate sponsors.
(ZCash has stated they will work with LE and Dash is #1 not private because all transactions are recorded in masternodes and #2 a partner with Coinfirm to make their blockchain AML/KYC compliant)

Monero will be one of the only anonymous currencies in the future you can trust.
Verge XVG and Zcoin XZC might also be good privacy coins but need a little more time to develop.
Monero is hardly anonymous compared to XVG or PRIVX

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
lockonsk232

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:47:53 PM

Well I would like to invest in bitcoin , more than 10 milions of USD if I had them Smiley , the CEO from BlockChain wallet , told in a interview that Bitcoin could reach over $500,000 in 2030 year
The second coin I would like to invest would be Zcash , is a nice coin for mining and it has grown up very much from 40$ to 350$ , exactly as Ethereum.
With a investition of 2.500$ , you can get monthly 800$ , so you can cover your investition in 2-3 months Smiley
Third choice is Ripple . The Banking system is trying to catch up on what Bitcoin did to them. The only thing stoping bitcoin right now is slow rate of adoption. Ripple pivoted into the banking market and recently closed a deal with SBI Bank, one of the main financial institution in Asia.
4th choice Factom is another fantastic cryptocurrency that used to be called “Notary Chain” that should grow by a lot this year.
And 5th will be Minexcoin ( will be released soon on the market and I trust this coin )
Smiley

bank using ripple will not cause the price of ripple to go up....
I agree on factom... eth will be 100 soon
bmiller315

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:55:21 PM

1. BTC - It's the gold standard and I find it hard to believe the price will not continue to rise.
2. ETH - despite the recent problems and nay-sayers here on this forum ("ETH is a scam and its done!") I have a lot of faith in ETH, I saw this recent dip coming and decided NOT to sell my tokens.
3. XRP - I think Ripple is a great investment, and the earning potential at this stage of the game is amazing. I bought about 12,000XRP in early May (2017), quickly doubled my money, and cashed out. Then I bought back in a few weeks later and like an idiot I sold when it crashed back to $0.21, from where it quickly recovered (don't get emotional and react when you're trading!!!). XRP may end up being a miserable failure, but I like the project, I like how the coins are all pre-mined, and I like that the majority of non-circulating funds are tied up in escrows.
4. MNE (minereum) - The self-mining aspect of this coin is interesting to me.
5. More BTC - really don't think you can go wrong with BTC! :-)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: