Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:35:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let me mine for you!  (Read 1021 times)
6strings (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:39:10 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 11:44:46 AM by 6strings

na
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:30:04 PM

So you want someone to send you card and you will mine for them?

Right or i am missing something ?
6strings (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:37:43 PM

Thats pretty much it. Near free power for me where I live.

They send me the gpu, we split the take or whatever we agree on.

Good opportunity for someone who just upgraded their gpus and doesn't have the time or extra funds to buy a new rig for their older gpus.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 09:29:48 PM

GPU mining will soon be dead, if it isn't already.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
6strings (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:42:13 PM

Depends on what you are mining mLawrence. In LTC its very much alive and well. My 6870 makes me $90 a month. Not bad for a card that can be bought used for $120.
6strings (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:38:26 PM

Bump to keep this alive. Lets do this.

I am open to negotiating terms as well.
zamazama

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 06:27:11 PM

Depends on what you are mining mLawrence. In LTC its very much alive and well. My 6870 makes me $90 a month. Not bad for a card that can be bought used for $120.

According to the online calculators you're looking at $60-$65

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 06:30:38 PM

Minus the power costs.

Every day more AISCs come online and the difficulty rises.  Every day more GPU owners decide to switch over to LTC.

The difficulty there will rise as well and very shortly you won't be making enough to cover power.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
6strings (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:55:41 PM

Those calculators must be off cause I'm getting .80 ltc a day with wemineltc currently. I also have somewhat free power as a bonus. .8 x30 = 24 LTC = $84. Not quite 90 I admit but still nice for such a cheap card to acquire.

I believe I have found another investor as well. We are ironing out the details but it looks promising and long term. Seems like a great guy to work with.

Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:07:12 PM

Heres the deal. I have 2 systems that can support 3 cards each. I have heavily discounted power where I live. Currently have 4 slots available.

I'd like to offer my services to mine for someone and split the coins 50/50. Card(s) are your property to be returned when you chose at your expense(deducted in coin).

Alternative plan is 75/25 until card is paid for and it then becomes my property. I'll pay a 15% royalty on anything the card(s) mine there after for a period of 1 year.

Cards can be new or used. We can determine their value based on model, age and condition before hand.

Workers will be set up on the pool of your choosing with an account you can view at any time. Payout will be set at a mutually decided rate to a wallet in my possession from which you will be sent your share when it reaches whatever level you desire.

I will mine the coin of your choice.

System Info:
1. Biostar Z77XE4 with 2500k and 850w Gold psu.
2. Gigabyte z68a-d3h-b3 with g860 and 650 Bronze psu
I will upgrade PSUs as needed.

I am willing to skype and provide personal info(copy of ID, phone #, home address etc..) to any1 who takes advantage of my service.

Some background info:
I am located in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada.
Im a 32yr old father of 2.
I work on call for Canada Post(can show ID).
I am a huge geek and understand computers and tech quite well.
I mine for fun with a 6870 and love it. Makes me about 1 LTC a day.
I currently have one "customer" for my service. That customer being my brother who is supplying 2x7950s.
100% feedback on HWC and eBay under same name.(igot6strings)

PM or post here for more info or if you have any questions.

I'm interested, so the customers will provide money for the graphics cards, but not the other hardware for the rig? Is it possible to sell this service on eBay somehow(or would you be willing to)?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
6strings (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:57:38 PM

Thats correct Hfleer.
Customer can provide money or gpu but I would prefer it to be the GPU for the security of both parties involved. I'd rather the customer order the gpu or send their gpu to me directly than have cash involved. I recommend NCIX if purchasing new. They are simply the best in Canada. I also have a VIP account there so any RMA will be cross shipped if there is an issue.
My hardware is available for use and any upgrades will be done at my expense as it is my property.

I'm not against posting this on ebay. However I've only ever sold or bought used hardware on there. Not sure how this service could be posted on ebay, its something I'd have to look into.

Contracts, terms with signature and copy of ID and all that is what I was considering before but I can look into the ebay thing. Suggestions are always welcome.
Wabba

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:15:16 AM

This is a great idea.  I was thinking of doing the same thing as I have access to free hardware/power. Let me know if you have anyone that wants to do this in the US.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: