Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:01:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Source Exchange Software (Only Hope)  (Read 1023 times)
beyondnotion (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:45:20 AM

Contents of my email to mt gox support site:

I emailed you a few months back about this. I got no response.

I hope you have plenty of cash reserves, you'll need it to regain your integrity. I have a proposal, open source your exchange site. Establish a not-for profit credit union. Or at least have the exchange be client run through a cryptographic voting system. Eventually you could form a network of not-for profit exchanges that become credible.

Open sourcing your site will amplify security and efficiency. I think at this moment its the only option you have.  

Thanks

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 11:39:19 AM

Contents of my email to mt gox support site:

I emailed you a few months back about this. I got no response.

I hope you have plenty of cash reserves, you'll need it to regain your integrity. I have a proposal, open source your exchange site. Establish a not-for profit credit union. Or at least have the exchange be client run through a cryptographic voting system. Eventually you could form a network of not-for profit exchanges that become credible.

Open sourcing your site will amplify security and efficiency. I think at this moment its the only option you have. 

Thanks

Well, that didn't work out how the poster expected. Still only 10 posts huh?

more or less retired.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:16:27 PM

How sad that the anonymous genius of this unpaid solution-provider was allowed to go to waste so.

Oh, MtGox, if only you dutifully obeyed and immediately implemented the strongly worded recommendations of internet experts, what a cartoon world we'd be living in.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: