Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:51:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple rig setup question..  (Read 186 times)
dandreark1 (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

out here

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:55:41 AM

I've got quite a few setups right now and I'm assuming this isn't a problem at all, but i need some official input...

however,, during testing power limits with a rig setup a while ago I fried a motherboard (IMO it was the PSU, weak psu)).. i started to migrate cards from the mobo to risers. I was testing two rx580's (directly plugged in) and had one rx580 on the riser..

Temp went through the roof. Fans hit 90%. Fried the motherboard. Everything's back up and running now with a new motherboard.. but I'm about to do 2 x 1070's on risers with 2x 1080ti's directly in the motherboard. (Until new risers arrive)

Is it okay to use risers and directly plug in cards?...

Im guessing it won't be a problem.. but since I fried a previous board  I just want to get some clarification lol, thank guys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: