Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:35:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which one do you think is the best choice?  (Read 470 times)
madalin (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:57:39 AM

Hello guys!

I'm looking to chose an alternative coin to use for my business - a network of various websites i own. I intend to officially support that coin for internal transactions on my websites network and to offer the possibility for my clients to buy real products and real services with this coin.

Please notice that:

1. I'm not interested in making money from the coin itself, i'm more interested in finding one, with a decent amount of coins already mined that i can buy.
2. I will be happy not to deal with technical part of maintaining the coin itself. Of course i will be glad to donate money to the developer team to support the future development of the coin and bug fixes but i don't want to invest time into this.
3. The coin must have good security compared with others coins.
4. The value of the coin now must also be as lower as possible so i can invest a huge amount of money in that coin and be able to offer my clients that coin as a bonus for using my services or implement an exhange where people can get real money for the coin and the other way around (buy coins with real money).
5. In order to achieve this I also intend to buy myself a huge amount of that coin so i can give it to my clients.

Of course i got some people todo some research for me but i also want to hear some random personal opinions into this subject.

Which one do you think is the best choice?

(I'm also glad to hear any biased opinions from various coin owners/authors. I don't really care who will become rich as time as i can fulfill my needs.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:07:00 AM

The value of the coin really depends on the supply usually so you can't really get something cheap If the supply is pretty limited. You have CoinMarketCap to choose from but If I were you, I'd go with Dash or Monero and as for accepting the payments you can use CoinPayments which can also be integrated with CMS like Wordpress with no effort at all. It doesn't hurt to use ShapeShift.io as well, If you want to accept as much coins as possible.
Sandmannn

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:09:06 AM

Take a look at IOTA, you have no fees there which may mean big + for your business. AND - Iota is much under his value atm
madalin (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:44:36 AM

Thank you for your answers. I guess i should be looking for a coin that have a big supply but a very little market capability (because nobody invested large amount of money into that coin). I know little about coins but my businesses experience tell me if the market will see some monthly transaction like 1000 bitcoin exchanged for that coin, the coin value will increase naturally in time.

I also fell like i have to make things more clear. In first stages i don't care about selling everything using the coin. I intend to buy (random example) 1.000.000 coins and give them free to my users. Like a rebate to my services. Allow them to buy real services with that coin or if they own the coin itself the lucky ones to have access to same rebates. For example i intend to make a rebate like this: Original price 100$ - or 50$ + the other half in coins.

I want to make my clients feeling happy like they got something very interesting and for free: The coin. Not just some virtual 50% rebate. I'm prepared to give/lose money in this process on short term but win clients interest in long term.

Then later (if the coin will increase in value naturally because you can use it for something real) i intend to implement more services like full selling products for that coin.

PS: thanks for IOTA recommendation. This is exactly the kind of unknown coins i'm searching for. Unfortunately the slack and forum and other links are not working. Gives me the impression of a nice website but little to none community behind. Good luck with your project, if you get things really running i may take that into consideration.
USBitcoinServices.Com

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 09:48:19 AM

If you are interested in finding a coin project, DENT is one of them that intends to disrupt the telecommunications starting with the data that users don't use, so they can sell or buy them. The ICO is in July. And the number of coins you get for the investment is big. Check DENT project here at BTC T.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:04:14 AM

I intend to officially support that coin for internal transactions on my websites network and to offer the possibility for my clients to buy real products and real services with this coin.

i don't understand what you mean by "internal transactions". can you explain?

but for the other part, to use a cryptocurrency so that your clients can buy products you need to choose a cryptocurrency that:
1. has a large number of users, meaning many people know it, own it, trust it, and most importantly are willing to spend it.
2. a coin that has a secure network. this consists of the security of the code itself (without bugs), hash rate (so it can not be open to attacks), enough nodes (to ensure security of the network and also decentralization of it).

i am afraid your choices are very limited. for now the best thing you can find is bitcoin, but the fees are high so many may not be willing to spend it as a currency.
other options are Litecoin and Dogecoin but they are far less known, so little number of people own them or are willing to spend them because they invested in these coins and want profit not to use as a currency.

I also fell like i have to make things more clear. In first stages i don't care about selling everything using the coin. I intend to buy (random example) 1.000.000 coins and give them free to my users. Like a rebate to my services. Allow them to buy real services with that coin or if they own the coin itself the lucky ones to have access to same rebates. For example i intend to make a rebate like this: Original price 100$ - or 50$ + the other half in coins.

giveaways are never going to end well.
people will come, claim the giveaway, abuse it, and go away and never come back.
as i said they have to already have that coin and also be willing to spend it. it is a bit of a tricky situation.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████