Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:02:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wire Transfer deposit to BTC-e  (Read 1185 times)
slacker

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 11:59:27 AM

I used Bitstamp when it was young. Verification was pain in the ass, but no other problems.

But later I read some bad reviews and don't like how Bitstamp is acting worse than a bank.

Search on the Internet for:
  • Bitstamp new KYC. This is what it actually ment when they became "first nationally licensed BTC exchange"
  • Bitstamp will not process withdrawal unless you prove the source of every coin you've ever traded on their exchange.
  • Bitstamp wants to get to know me a bit more than I'm comfortable with
  • Bitstamp asking intrusive questions before they allow any more USD wire withdrawals

Also I am worried that I will need another verification and it may cost me hundreds of dollars to prepare a recent certified/notarized copies of my company's documents.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:21:19 PM

I used Bitstamp when it was young. Verification was pain in the ass, but no other problems.

But later I read some bad reviews and don't like how Bitstamp is acting worse than a bank.

Search on the Internet for:
  • Bitstamp new KYC. This is what it actually ment when they became "first nationally licensed BTC exchange"
  • Bitstamp will not process withdrawal unless you prove the source of every coin you've ever traded on their exchange.
  • Bitstamp wants to get to know me a bit more than I'm comfortable with
  • Bitstamp asking intrusive questions before they allow any more USD wire withdrawals

Also I am worried that I will need another verification and it may cost me hundreds of dollars to prepare a recent certified/notarized copies of my company's documents.

well, that means to be financial licensed. you get verified and you can deal without any problem. it's the same with any online FOREX company.

remember, that they have to be sure that YOU are YOU and not someone else (same as the banks). in the end, it's MORE comfortable to deal with a financial licensed company than with a shit one like BTC-e(today is registered in UK and tomorrow in Cyprus and after tomorrow in Russia) Smiley
slacker

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 02:32:51 PM

remember, that they have to be sure that YOU are YOU and not someone else (same as the banks).

The information I provide to them (scanned documents, answers to their stupid KYC questions) are not evidence that really I am contacting them.

Anyone can make fake passport scan with my details, anyone can answer the stupid questions, anyone can make fake scans of my company's documents.

These "AML/KYC" regulations actually make easy for criminals to commit identity theft - every low level "customer support" employee on some shitty Forex broker, gambling site or web hosting company (even some web hosting companies require scan of the identity documents!) can just use the documents of unsuspecting "customer" to open a bank account, register company, etc.

Also the dark markets are full of scans of documents, maybe even my scans are there.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:28:03 PM

remember, that they have to be sure that YOU are YOU and not someone else (same as the banks).

The information I provide to them (scanned documents, answers to their stupid KYC questions) are not evidence that really I am contacting them.

Anyone can make fake passport scan with my details, anyone can answer the stupid questions, anyone can make fake scans of my company's documents.

These "AML/KYC" regulations actually make easy for criminals to commit identity theft - every low level "customer support" employee on some shitty Forex broker, gambling site or web hosting company (even some web hosting companies require scan of the identity documents!) can just use the documents of unsuspecting "customer" to open a bank account, register company, etc.

Also the dark markets are full of scans of documents, maybe even my scans are there.

yes, that's why the banks want you in person in order to open an account.
the next step in verification is, the webcam with your IDs and a little interview.

you may go in person to Bitstamp along with all the documents. It's quite simple and cheap if you live in Europe.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: