Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:20:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've decided to share my knowledge and would greatly appreciate your thoughts  (Read 637 times)
Exergy (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:10:47 AM

Hi All,

I've been in the crypto currency space for years and it's become one of my main passions.

So much so that I've spent the last few years sucking up as much knowledge as I could.

I've decided that it's about time I give some of that back to the community, if nothing else it's a great way for me to solidify my thoughts.

My aim is to write high quality posts which add value. Right now, I've started at the beginning, so the focus is for people new to the space, but I'll be going on a journey through a wide range of topics over time.

You can find my articles over at Xexr.com along with a contents listing here.

Here are a few of my favourites though to wet your appetite:

Series 1: How does Bitcoin work?

This series covers how addresses work using public key cryptography, what the blockchain is, and finally how mining works and incentivises the system.

Series 2: Getting started with Bitcoin

This series looks at how to get started using bitcoin. This includes what a wallet is and the different types available, how you can get hold of bitcoin, what the best ways are to buy, and finally a simple tutorial to setting up a mobile wallet

I'd love to get some readers and feedback.

Thanks all Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:20:57 AM

I like the idea, just make sure your site is SEO friendly so It shows up in the search engines and submit it in social media from time to time. I still think you should give more options when it comes to the wallets, Desktop wallets: Multibit HD, Exodus. Hardware wallets: Trezor, Ledger Nano S, KeepKey. You also can't mention phone wallets without mentioning Mycelium.
Exergy (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:24:15 AM

Thanks for the feedback MadGamer.

Yes, I've been focusing on SEO and all the pages are tuned, but it's going to take some time to build a presence.

You're quite right re wallets, I am planning to have a dedicated post on hardware wallets as I think the topic deserves it.

I'll expand the mobile section to include Mycellium.

I'm going to have a separate topic on multi currency wallets once I cover altcoins.

All great comments, thank you!
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:10:31 PM

MY THOUGHTS: it is a very lovely idea and anyone who says otherwise is apparently a hater. I for one loves good learning and sharing your knowledge freely is a nice one for the community. I wish there is a way someone can be followed on this forum, I would have gladly done that right now so I don't miss any of your posts. Cheers mate! Nice one!!
Exergy (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:12:48 PM

Thanks Harold - glad you found some value in it  Smiley
Exergy (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:11:24 PM

Just posted a new post... "Interesting facts about Bitcoin"

Hopefully entertaining for some of you  Cool
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:24:00 PM

Cool man. I have made lots of websites. The most important factor in having a successful blog is definitely SEO. Don't underestimate this, otherwise you will spend a lot more time working than you would otherwise. Best of luck!
Ethan_Locke

Activity: 111

Make a Bet, Make a Bit!

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:29:06 PM

Im in.

MECKABIT ║█║║█║ MAKE A BET, MAKE A BIT! ║█║║█║ MECKABIT
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰❰  PLAY FOR FREE  ❱❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
INSTANT DEPOSITS PROMOTIONAL EVENTS PROVABLY FAIR
Exergy (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:33:01 PM

Thanks Skyline - completely agree re SEO and I've been trying to actively manage it. The site has only been up for a couple of weeks, but seems to be gaining traction. I will keep on top of it.

Great to have you as a reader Ethan  Cheesy
Exergy (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:38:03 PM

I've read some article and it's well written, but i have few suggestion/things to be added :
1. When you recommend centralized wallet such as Coinbase, warn them about disadvantage/risk of using centralized wallet such as no full control over private key and zero anonymity.
2. Don't forget to mention that Bitcoin Core also can be used as full nodes.
3. It would be great if there's an article about places/websites which accept bitcoin.
4. I think use illustration "how it works" might be great when explain how bitcoin works.

Hi ETFbitcoin, thanks for taking the time to give some great feedback.

1. I have been explicit about owning the private keys, see the bottom of this article. However, taking a look at my wallet post, you are right I haven't gone into enough detail, so I'll edit that now.
2. Fair point, I'll update
3. Yes this is definitely on my to do list. You just bumped it up a few places Smiley
4. Completely agree re illustrations. I've had a few people get in touch offering to contribute graphic design and I'm looking to take them up on it soon.

Thanks!
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:46:06 PM

I was reading first two of your threads. I think it will be very helpful for people who just joined to crypto-world, as we know the number of such people is just growing, so, you are in tend  Wink
Exergy (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:51:00 PM

I was reading first two of your threads. I think it will be very helpful for people who just joined to crypto-world, as we know the number of such people is just growing, so, you are in tend  Wink

Great to hear, thank you. I do hope it's helpful, that is after all why I'm doing it.
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:09:01 PM

I actually appreciate the content and even the spirit of giving back to the society that you are exhibiting. However, my concern is wanting to know how you intend to reach out to those who have no access to the information currently because every one here would have one way or the other knows about the information you are trying to pass across which means it will add only a little value to us compared to someone who has not been involved in bitcoin at all.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:09:10 PM

Nice thread, this could be a great help for those newcomers in this community because not all people who came here already know how is it working as well as how to get started with it . But it will be much better if you are going to make a post regarding to this information on social media flatforms, blogs, etc. As there are many people out there who didn't know it yet but they could probably be interested with it though, depending on how you introduce it Grin by the way, keep on posting more informative threads . Thanks .
Exergy (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

I actually appreciate the content and even the spirit of giving back to the society that you are exhibiting. However, my concern is wanting to know how you intend to reach out to those who have no access to the information currently because every one here would have one way or the other knows about the information you are trying to pass across which means it will add only a little value to us compared to someone who has not been involved in bitcoin at all.

Nice thread, this could be a great help for those newcomers in this community because not all people who came here already know how is it working as well as how to get started with it . But it will be much better if you are going to make a post regarding to this information on social media flatforms, blogs, etc. As there are many people out there who didn't know it yet but they could probably be interested with it though, depending on how you introduce it Grin by the way, keep on posting more informative threads . Thanks .

You both are completely correct.

Initially, I'm starting with the existing crypto communities, specifically those who are relatively new to them.

Once I've built up a reasonable audience, and my SEO game is on point, I'll start to venture out into more traditional communities, social media etc.

I want to have a reasonable base of content before I start to aggressively pursue that though.

I am open to any any all suggestions you might have though, so please do share  Cool
Kateryna_Oli

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:26:53 PM

You both are completely correct.

Initially, I'm starting with the existing crypto communities, specifically those who are relatively new to them.

Once I've built up a reasonable audience, and my SEO game is on point, I'll start to venture out into more traditional communities, social media etc.

I want to have a reasonable base of content before I start to aggressively pursue that though.

I am open to any any all suggestions you might have though, so please do share  Cool

Aggressively pursue?? What do you mean?  Huh Sad Shocked
Exergy (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:34:26 PM

Haha, perhaps not the best wording on my part... just that I will actually start sharing my content on social media, which I'm not doing right now  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: