Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 04:27:30 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I buy bitcoins before or after August 1st?  (Read 5194 times)
Zemangat
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 168



View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:43:02 PM
 #61

Investing in bitcoi world does not have to wait until the 1st of August, before that you can already invest. The faster you invest the faster you will get a big profit. Do not delay to invest. I am sure you will succes

1511324850
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1511324850

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1511324850
Reply with quote  #2

1511324850
Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
lighpulsar07
Sr. Member
****
Online Online

Activity: 350


VIABET.IO PRE-ICO | NOV 14


View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 11:12:29 PM
 #62

On August 1st, they will implement the Segwit and there are some uncertainties involved.  If I were wanting to invest, should I do it before or after the date?  

My concern is that the price would still be higher than the price on August 2nd if the implementation did not go as smooth as planned and caused the price to drop.

Also, what is the official words on the implementation?  
in my own opinion, i think you should invest your money in bitcoin despite that there is the possibility that there is a chance for a chain split you should grab the opportunity to gain profit and besides, after the huge drop the value recovers easily so, there is nothing to worry about it. anyway it's your decision to buy bitcoin or not

      ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ██▀              ▀██
 ██                   █
█     ██  ██     ███ 
 █   ██   ██    ██ ██
  ██ ██    ██   ██   
█  ██     ██  ██     █     
 █                   ██
  ██▄              ▄██
   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀████████▀▀
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
WORLD’S FIRST CLOUD BETTING PLATFORM
♦    Whitepaper  Bounty  Telegram  Twitter  Facebook   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
      ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ██▀              ▀██
 █████      ██
██       ██           ██
██       ██▄       ██
██       ██▀▀       ██
██       ██           ██
 ██      ██
  ██▄              ▄██
   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀████████▀▀
DOGE12321
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 378


View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:29:53 PM
 #63

On August 1st, they will implement the Segwit and there are some uncertainties involved.  If I were wanting to invest, should I do it before or after the date?  

My concern is that the price would still be higher than the price on August 2nd if the implementation did not go as smooth as planned and caused the price to drop.

Also, what is the official words on the implementation?  
Well if you have some money to invest, and you do not mind losing it, i would suggest for you to invest.
This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard in my life. What do you mean,"Well if you have money that you don't bother losing, then invest?"
He asked the question in the first place to make sure that no money is not.

Anyways, to answer your question Bitcoin Guy, in the best scenario, core developers support SegWit and prices rise like hell.
However, in a worst case scenario, BIP 148 could cause Bitcoin to chain split into two separate blockchains, one with SegWit activated and one without. This would almost definitely cause a price drop. So you have to be prepared to sell or buy, after the hard fork.




coins4masses
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 14


View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:15:03 AM
 #64

If you have some money on the side and were  planning to buy Bitcoin then you should go ahead and do it because if some changes are implemented, they are more likely to affect transactions from then onward and not retroactively.

If you're not sure, you can still split the amount between now and after August 1st, to see what happens.
angaper
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 658



View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:21:01 AM
 #65

Since there is no 100% reliable answer to your question given that no one has the the power to predict with certainty the future, if I had the opportunity without doubt I would continue investing in bitcoins but would keep enough capital to take advantage of some great opportunity that could emerge on August. That is, if your plan to continue investing in bitcoin, only invest one fraction of your capital and save the other fraction for the expected day. If things go wrong, you will only lose a fraction of your money and you will find a great opportunity to enter the market in a precious moment. But if things go well, you will be in the market in a very advantageous position.


██████████.......█████......
████████████.....███████.....
███....█████.....███████.....
███....█████.....███████.....
████....██████...█████████....
██████......██████████...█████████....
█████......██████......████....██...█████████....
█████......██████......████....███.███████████...
█████......██████......████....███.███████████...
███...................█████████████████.███████████...
███..███..█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
███..█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
██████......███...███████████...██████████.
██████......███...███████████...██████████.
██████......███...███████████...██████████.
██████......██.....█████████.....██████████
██████████.....█████████.....██████████
██████████.....█████████.....██████████
   
██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██
   
██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██
   
➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
densuj
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 826



View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:24:56 AM
 #66

If you have some money on the side and were  planning to buy Bitcoin then you should go ahead and do it because if some changes are implemented, they are more likely to affect transactions from then onward and not retroactively.

If you're not sure, you can still split the amount between now and after August 1st, to see what happens.
Yes, but will be good to know about what's mean Agust 1st for bitcoins, what's will be done with bitcoins on it, here what you need to know about the 2mb hard fork (segwit2x) the explaining is clear with the warning about the activation of segwit2x, that is good for our knowledge about bitcoins hard fork and the risk of it.
https://medium.com/@jimmysong/segwit2x-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-2mb-hard-fork-27749e1544ce

      ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ██▀              ▀██
 ██                   █
█     ██  ██     ███ 
 █   ██   ██    ██ ██
  ██ ██    ██   ██  
█  ██     ██  ██     █    
 █                   ██
  ██▄              ▄██
   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀████████▀▀
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
.WORLD’S FIRST CLOUD BETTING PLATFORM.
♦    Whitepaper  Bounty  Telegram  Twitter  Facebook   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
      ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ██▀              ▀██
 █████      ██
██       ██           ██
██       ██▄       ██
██       ██▀▀       ██
██       ██           ██
 ██      ██
  ██▄              ▄██
   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀████████▀▀
canvan
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98


View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:25:11 AM
 #67

The risk of a fork seems to be virtually gone, yet the price of bitcoin is already dumping quite a bit now. I think once we hit August 1st it will shoot up past $3k so I think now is the right time especially after the recent corrections.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!