Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:59:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 2 Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators Game 6 Tickets - SOLD!!!  (Read 700 times)
litecoinz (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:03:35 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 05:45:10 PM by litecoinz

I have two side by side tickets to Game 6 Montreal Canadiens at Ottawa Senators, happening Saturday May 11th @ 7pm in Ottawa.  If you're a hockey fan, you already know that this is BY FAR the most intense match up of the NHL playoffs!  

The seats are great: Section 309 (center ice), Row F.

The box office price is $200/ticket + $11.64 fee/ticket + $3.50 fee = $426.78 for the pair.  Reference: http://senators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=88601 (300 Center Lower).  Demand is crazy (I swear half of Montreal is planning on coming to Ottawa this weekend to cheer the Habs on), so I have the tickets currently listed ABOVE THIS PRICE on StubHub.  However, since I really want to get my hands on some Bitcoins, I will sell the pair of tickets for 4 Bitcoins (slightly below box office price: $418 as of 4pm EST May 7th).

Hurry, the tickets I listed on here to Game 4 sold in 45 min, so get these while they're hot!!!  PS: My friends & I will also be sitting beside you Smiley

Thanks.
quicklynx

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:36:39 AM

If these were Caps tix, I'd be all over them.

Good luck with sale. Should be hella fun if it goes to 6.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:38:50 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticket_resale

In Ontario, Canada, re-selling the tickets above face value is prohibited by the Ticket Speculation Act and is punishable by a fine of $5,000 for an individual (including those buying the tickets above face) or $50,000 for a corporation.

I guess you're ok if you sell it at face value.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
litecoinz (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:45:23 PM

Sold, thanks everyone!
quicklynx

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:43:55 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticket_resale

In Ontario, Canada, re-selling the tickets above face value is prohibited by the Ticket Speculation Act and is punishable by a fine of $5,000 for an individual (including those buying the tickets above face) or $50,000 for a corporation.

I guess you're ok if you sell it at face value.

Unless he sells them for BTC, then they can't do anything.
quicklynx

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:16:44 PM

It is not recognized as an official currency, therefore it can't be taxed UNLESS it is sold for something like USD. It's not any different than if I traded him a bunch of power supplies or 400 bottles of homemade lotion for the tickets.

That being said, I'm not familiar with Canadian laws. I'm just going from how I would have to handle the situation in the US.

In reference to the face value resale law of the tickets, you could sell them for 8BTC and claim in your eyes you felt that each BTC was worth $50USD. It's not regulated by the govt.
quicklynx

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:36:27 PM

It is not recognized as an official currency, therefore it can't be taxed UNLESS it is sold for something like USD. It's not any different than if I traded him a bunch of power supplies or 400 bottles of homemade lotion for the tickets.

That being said, I'm not familiar with Canadian laws. I'm just going from how I would have to handle the situation in the US.

In reference to the face value resale law of the tickets, you could sell them for 8BTC and claim in your eyes you felt that each BTC was worth $50USD. It's not regulated by the govt.

That is ridiculous.  If you work for chickens and you eat the chickens you still have to declare the equivalent amount in $ and pay you taxes in $.  It is income at the instant you get the chickens.  It is not "in your eyes," you have to have some reasonable method of calculating.  For instance, the avg price at Mt. Gox on the day you received the funds and you need that info if you are audited.  I am no expert but common sense should dictate that you can't circumvent things "because it is Bitcoin" or "because it is not regulated by the government" or "because it is not fiat" or any of the other screwball reasons I have seen on here.  http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc420.html.

Damn! I admit I was wrong. Good show, HELP.

Either way, if I'm not in contractual agreement with the other person, then I'm not telling the IRS anything. In the U.S. Governments eyes this makes me worse than a serial killer.

If I did work for chickens, I'd probably start shipping chickens to them as my tax payment. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: